言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Death Blossom gear
Death Blossom gear
By Drjones 2011-10-24 15:21:08  
Yeah yeah, build an Almace etc, etc.

I just unlocked Death Blossom last night and threw together a build from stuff I already had laying around and was hoping to get some input on where to take it from there. So far I'm just stacking MND in every slot where STR or attack aren't overwhelmingly superior but I'm probably doing it wrong.

[+]
 Asura.Isiolia
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2011-10-24 16:06:36  
Well, obligatory use Evisceration if you don't have CDC.

Otherwise, I think you're leaning far too hard on the MND mod (particularly).

First the general physical WS stuff. You want more ATT. RDM has relatively low ATT (though Dia II/III to assist). You want to fit DA in there. Good damage spikes will be from DA procs, since the WS doesn't crit.
Pure mods are good for single hitters, particularly with ATT/cRatio/whatever bonuses. DB isn't that. It has a relatively low, static mod.

Brutal Earring. Atheling over Forager's. Assault Jerkin possibly. Ogre mask and feet are cheap ATT as well. Tarasque Mitts or Heafoc Mitts maybe, much less accessory slots...WS gorget, belt if available.
There's a lot of easy ATT gear out there for RDM to try, some STR too. Ogre hands are an easy pick for that. Since it's not a crit WS, and since you likely aren't having ACC issues, you don't need to shy away from -DEX.

The STR mod is less than the MND mod, but STR also can contribute to fSTR and adds a little ATT as well.

If you're just going with what you have available though, I'd just peer a bit more over at your melee job gear (if any) instead of drawing on your MND set so much.
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2011-10-24 16:10:31  
morrigan body!
 Asura.Loneshadow
By Asura.Loneshadow 2011-10-24 16:17:48  
Something like this if your trying to pimp it out..

By Drjones 2011-10-24 16:51:29  
So basically what I'm getting is that I need more STR/Attack and less MND?
 Asura.Loneshadow
By Asura.Loneshadow 2011-10-24 16:52:41  
MND mod is higher but need more ATK since RDMs has low ATK and STR is ATK and helps fSTR and you need that alot more then MND for better damage.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-10-26 06:30:19  
Would use +1 Ogre/Rager Ledelsens over EMp+2 feet imo. If you have a Gnadbod's for w/e reason I'd use that too. (and for CDC since mkd head tied up atm, although I can just change the augments eventually)
 Quetzalcoatl.Discordian
By Quetzalcoatl.Discordian 2011-10-28 04:53:37  
You are running into the reason why S-E needs to refresh the weaponskill tree. Critical damage weaponskills are where the main damage in the game is at both inside and outside abyssea and aside from having a relic/empyrean/mythic the overall performance really isn't there for non-crit weaponskills. Basicly Death Blossom(3 hit) feels like a weaker vorpal blade(4 hit) or slightly better Savage blade(2 hit).

Are you looking to make this work for soloing or lowman?

You're basicly going to have 2 options Either TP spam with Joyeuse or Chimeric Fleuret (Amphitrite - Grauberg) for base damage, enspell and double attack and if your are gearing for double attack it might be your better option.

Also if you have access to Temper it might fix your TP gain as anything in this game with the wording "occasionally attacks multiple times" has been silly. I have no info on the rate of multiple attacks on Temper sadly.
By Drjones 2011-10-28 09:50:44  
It's mostly for dicking around or when I'm helping a friend on his shamshir trials. I don't really have the inventory space to do a fully pimped out build but I needed a sense of which direction to go for the best improvements for the inventory space.

Joyeuse is still pretty solid in the off-hand for TP gain, but its damage rating is starting to show its age. Temper isn't really a solid replacement for it. With my enhancing set and some small parses I'm looking at something in the ballpark of a 10% DA rate with it.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2011-10-28 10:16:17  
If you're screwing around inside Abyssea, Justice Sword should beat out Joyeuse if you happen to have one.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-10-29 06:07:40  
Inside Joyeuse fairs pretty horribly for overall damage assuming AoA at minimum, I think even the Mageblade beats it (of course, inside I would recommend aiming for twilight knife, or get at min blau/clement skean and use evis).

Outside I currently have str/dex shamshirs, which also beat it. Temper makes it even worse since Joyeuse can't proc during DA, and my tp set has 10% DA 2% TA before Temper's ~12% (as above says, Justice would be better).