users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Synergy » nub questions
nub questions
 Lakshmi.Cadant
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: cadant
By Lakshmi.Cadant 2011-10-20 11:15:12  
Just started skilling synergy a week ago or so. I had a couple questions about a few things tho as all I've been doing is spamming fewell for skillups so far.

1. When trying to HQ, your goal is to hit the target numbers exactly or within 1-2 correct?

2. If you're over the target, can you add fewell of the opposing element to lower the one you want?

3. Do you fail automatically when the time runs out or does it finish the synth automatically if you're within the ranges needed, and if it fails automatically can u just keep trying til you HQ to finish the synth and not lose materials?

Thanks, those are the only questions I couldn't find answers to searching through here
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2011-10-20 11:20:21  
*Usually people aim for the exact number for the goal when trying to HQ, because since you don't lose mats there essentially is nothing to lose in trying to get a perfect match up (unless you're in a rush or something)

*Yes

*You just fail automatically, another way to trigger a failure to just run away...so far away
And as previously mentioned, you never lose materials if you fail a synth

Most people just aim for hitting the goal perfectly, and then ending the synth. And since you don't lose mats, really unless you're getting frustrated there's no reason to settle for less. HQ isn't 100% even with perfect alignments, but it's relatively high.
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-10-20 11:24:07  
If you want to HQ, make sure all relevant elements are EXACTLY matching the target.

If you are over the target, adding the the opposing element (the one to the left of it in the chat log display) will lower it by 2 (I've occasionally seen it lower by 1 very rarely).

The synth auto-fails if the furnace runs out of durability. You will never lose materials when you fail, ONLY WHEN YOU END THE SYNTH AND IT WORKS. There is no guarantee you will HQ, even if you match each target perfectly.

Keeping the impurity ratio below 25% will prevent explosions. Impurity ratio goes up by a minimum of 5% per fewell fed (If you are more than 5 levels below the recipe, it will go up by that much. Not sure if there is a max).

From what I can tell, pressure determines the damage dealt by an explosion. Pressure falls dramatically after an explosion occurs.
 Lakshmi.Cadant
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: cadant
By Lakshmi.Cadant 2011-10-20 11:24:51  
Ok thanks a lot