users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Metsu
Metsu
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2011-10-17 04:00:38  
how does the ws +10% damage magian katana fare?

for straight metsu damage id imagine it does more than the attack from sekka, but id imagine it falling behind DoT wise due to lost attack, and increased delay
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-17 04:05:52  
TP gain advantage is marginalized due to awful delay, doesn't affect WS, high delay means less mainhand hits per unit timeframe (obviously significant for relics and Empyreans), and most of Kikoku's output is white damage. Why are we talking about OAT again? The correct answer is STR Sekka.

Asura.Haxetc said: »
How does ftp help Metsu at all :/ Just wondering. Relic WS don't have dmg multipliers from TP unfortunately ; ;
fTP+0.1 =/= TP Bonus. Ignore Amador's suggestion that you "need" the belt, will check Thundersoul v Epona's later but Epona's probably wins.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-10-17 04:07:27  
Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said: »
how does the ws +10% damage magian katana fare?

for straight metsu damage id imagine it does more than the attack from sekka, but id imagine it falling behind DoT wise due to lost attack, and increased delay
would do jack ***since last i heard the 10% ws only worked mainhand.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-17 04:08:45  
That's correct. Magian TP Bonus works offhand (but does nothing for Metsu), WSDMG must be mainhanded.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-10-17 04:09:15  
night i have a pm sent to you that you never answered :(

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Megatron
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Megatron 2011-10-17 08:40:15  
I find I get decent numbers both inside and outside Abyssea using this ws set. (Anwig Salade has STR+4 WS Acc+15, AGI+4 WS damage +2%)

Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-10-17 08:48:37  
Sylph.Nikia said: »
Ramuh.Austar said: »

Lol i sent him one on BG also he didnt answer. He is a popular guy :P loves you tho.
not quite sure what you mean
 Bahamut.Zellc
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-10-17 10:06:16  
metsu
[+]
 Asura.Haxetc
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Haxetc 2011-10-17 10:59:40  
Valefor.Megatron said: »
I find I get decent numbers both inside and outside Abyssea using this ws set. (Anwig Salade has STR+4 WS Acc+15, AGI+4 WS damage +2%)

What do you consider decent numbers ? And on what mobs outside ?
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2011-10-17 11:12:54  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
That's correct. Magian TP Bonus works offhand (but does nothing for Metsu), WSDMG must be mainhanded.

whaaaaaaaaaaat?
damn XD
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-17 11:37:53  
Sylph.Nikia said: »

Lol i sent him one on BG also he didnt answer. He is a popular guy :P loves you tho.
Too much ***on my plate right now, I keep opening messages to respond then getting distracted and not getting a chance to do so. I'll try and answer them this afternoon.
 Valefor.Megatron
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Megatron 2011-10-17 12:04:08  
[/quote]
What do you consider decent numbers ? And on what mobs outside ?[/quote]

Inside Abyssea it can range from 1k-4k dmg. Normally the 3k-4k results are on regular mobs, like when I'm farming pop items for Apademak, or on dolls in Altepa. Those numbers don't happen as often as say 1000-2500 dmg though. Dmg on NMs is usually 1000-2500 dmg, very rarely higher, and depending what I am fighting.

For outside in events such as Dynamis, VNMs for Empy weapons, or Voidwatch (like the Tier 1 or 2 NMs) it's usually 1-2k dmg. The newer higher level regular mobs, like the ones added for Ground Tomes, usually hover around 1000-1400 dmg.

And of course sometimes either inside or out I'll get super low numbers, like 200-400 dmg. Really no rhyme or reason.

So nothing too devastating or anything. I guess by "decent" I mean a lot better than the 500-700 dmg from back in the day before the level cap increase. Obviously other ws, such as Blade: Hi, and ws coming from other weapons give tremendously higher numbers, and will always beat Metsu. In any event I find it's a really fun weapon to use despite the mediocre dmg that it can produce.

On a side note, I must say the increased 3x dmg proc is quite nice for the lvl 95 version. It's awesome seeing that proc more often.
 Ragnarok.Amador
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-10-17 14:40:24  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
TP gain advantage is marginalized due to awful delay, doesn't affect WS, high delay means less mainhand hits per unit timeframe (obviously significant for relics and Empyreans), and most of Kikoku's output is white damage. Why are we talking about OAT again? The correct answer is STR Sekka.

How does ftp help Metsu at all :/ Just wondering. Relic WS don't have dmg multipliers from TP unfortunately ; ;
fTP+0.1 =/= TP Bonus. Ignore Amador's suggestion that you "need" the belt, will check Thundersoul v Epona's later but Epona's probably wins.

How is it that the elemental belt wouldn't win out?

6 Dex only equates to 3.6 wsc, 10 attack may or may not have an effect depending on your attack vs mob defense. Berserk up, would also more than likely favor Elemental Belt.

The effects end up being multiplied by ftp, so it'll realistically take a lot of wsc to make .96 ftp lose.

There are certain variables that play against this. Such as crit ws, in which case you'd favor capping ddex if at all possible against your target, and most belts offer amazing attributes to reach this.

This is what I know, if it's incorrect I'd love to see how and why so that I can better adjust some of my own sets.
 Cerberus.Wojo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-10-17 15:51:42  
I thought Kikoku was a furnishing. mybad -.-
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-10-17 16:06:52  
Ragnarok.Amador said: »
How is it that the elemental belt wouldn't win out?

6 Dex only equates to 3.6 wsc, 10 attack may or may not have an effect depending on your attack vs mob defense. Berserk up, would also more than likely favor Elemental Belt.

The effects end up being multiplied by ftp, so it'll realistically take a lot of wsc to make .96 ftp lose.

There are certain variables that play against this. Such as crit ws, in which case you'd favor capping ddex if at all possible against your target, and most belts offer amazing attributes to reach this.

This is what I know, if it's incorrect I'd love to see how and why so that I can better adjust some of my own sets.

He said you don't need the belt. Cuchulain's is pretty much the same anyway.

Assuming 130/136 DEX.

42+12+66*4.1 = 492
42+12+69*4.0 = 492

4.0 ftp counting offhand hit, so .1 ftp is a relatively low increase. Cuchulain's will win if you're using any of that attack, but as would Elemental belt if using it's accuracy.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Solara
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-10-18 06:50:14  

[+]
 Asura.Haxetc
By Asura.Haxetc 2011-10-18 07:02:26  
Asura.Solara said: »

fu Solara ! lol
I made amends ; ;
So shush and get back on COR >.>;
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2011-10-18 21:53:50  
on average how much does Metsu do now at 95 outside / inside, I know Kannagi would get favor inside due to crit and being able to break the *** out of your crit hit damage / rate, just tossing the idea around in my head to maybe pick one up after Aegis, but if outside if it can average 1,100 - 1,900 then I would think it would out do Hi, considering how messed up the damage can be with a crit hit ws outside of abyssea.
 Asura.Haxetc
By Asura.Haxetc 2011-10-18 22:12:43  
Ragnarok.Nekonarf said: »
on average how much does Metsu do now at 95 outside / inside, I know Kannagi would get favor inside due to crit and being able to break the *** out of your crit hit damage / rate, just tossing the idea around in my head to maybe pick one up after Aegis, but if outside if it can average 1,100 - 1,900 then I would think it would out do Hi, considering how messed up the damage can be with a crit hit ws outside of abyssea.
I average 1.6-2k with spikes to 3k and ofc the occasional wth 300-400dmg on DC mobs and some 75 content NM's but I haven't been to VW on NIN so I couldn't say how much Metsu would do in that regard.

Post deleted by User.
[+]