言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Spellcast help with Migawari
Spellcast help with Migawari
First Page 2
By Snuke 2011-10-04 19:49:46  
I've been trying to write a spellcast rule that locks Ningi+2 body when Migawari is active, and haven't been able to find a way to do so.

Basically I want it to look like this:
Code
<if BuffActive="Migawari">
<equip when="ALL"><body lock="t">Iga Ningi +2</body></equip>
</if>

This won't work, because Spellcast doesn't recognize Migawari as a buff. I can't find a spellcast BuffActive that coincides with Migawari either. Am I missing it, or is there another way I can accomplish my goal? Thx..
 Bahamut.Aeronis
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-10-04 19:53:57  
Check the technical name for the buff and use that.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-10-04 20:02:22  
00471MigawariYou are immune from severely damaging attacks.

from POLUtils

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Snuke 2011-10-04 21:19:00  
Idk, if Migawari gets interrupted, my body is still disabled right? Also, I like precasting in ninjutsu gear for potency. There's no way for spellcast to recognize buffactive migawari?
 Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq
Guildwork Premium
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Imoq
By Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq 2011-10-04 21:25:39  
Sylph.Nikia said: »
I use this, a slightly modified code from nightfyre's nin xml. Works wonderful for me.
On a side note his xml is beautifully written, amazing work from him.
Code
            <elseif spell="Migawari*">
                <equip when="precast">
                    <body>Iga Ningi +2</body>
                </equip>
                <cmd when="midcast">sc disable body</cmd>
                <cmd when="aftercast">wait 59; sc enable body</cmd>
            </elseif>
The only problem I see with this code is it locks the body for 59 seconds after casting migawari, but what if after 10 seconds the enemy does a move that removes the migawari effect? Your body is locked on ningi +2 and can't wear any other thing, like an eva body by example.

Just pointing that out...
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-04 23:50:25  
You guys do know that you can simply type /sc enable body and that problem goes away, right?

Snuke said: »
Also, I like precasting in ninjutsu gear for potency. There's no way for spellcast to recognize buffactive migawari?
Code
	<b id="471" duration="0" fr="Migawari" de="Migawari" jp="身替">Migawari</b>

Spellcast recognizes Migawari just fine. If you want to cast in skill gear, have it set up so you equip some skill gear midcast.
 Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq
Guildwork Premium
By Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq 2011-10-05 00:27:22  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
You guys do know that you can simply type /sc enable body and that problem goes away, right?

Of course. It is just you need to type that (or have it in some macro) to reenable body slot, rather than have it automagically, like almost all spellcast is ;)
 Bahamut.Colonelace
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Colonelace 2011-10-05 00:29:35  
im sorry just curious as to why do u lock body for migawari thought u didnt have to equip for enhance migawari to work
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-05 00:33:10  
It's possible to implement a more automated system, but it requires the use of the real "automagical" plugin, ie AutoExec. Something to add to my own xml, but I don't know if the OP uses AutoExec.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-05 00:34:20  
Bahamut.Colonelace said: »
im sorry just curious as to why do u lock body for migawari thought u didnt have to equip for enhance migawari to work
You have to be wearing the body when the damage is taken for the bonus to take effect. Ninjutsu skill's effect on your base HP% threshold is calculated at the time the spell goes off though.
By Snuke 2011-10-05 01:54:30  
Code
	<b id="471" duration="0" fr="Migawari" de="Migawari" jp="身替">Migawari</b>

Spellcast recognizes Migawari just fine.

You're right. I just needed to update my resources.xml My original rule syntax works the way I want it to.
 Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq
Guildwork Premium
By Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq 2011-10-05 02:23:39  
It's possible to implement a more automated system, but it requires the use of the real "automagical" plugin, ie AutoExec. Something to add to my own xml, but I don't know if the OP uses AutoExec.

I think maybe something like this would work if you put at the very start of the <rules> section?
Code
				<equip when="idle|engaged|resting|precast|midcast|aftercast">
					<body lock="t">Iga ningi +2</body>
				</equip>
			</if>
 Siren.Mcmurdles
サーバ: Siren
user: Mcmurdles
By Siren.Mcmurdles 2011-10-05 02:40:38  
do you need to have +2 ningi equipped when for example ???? needles hits ? or will the 75% buff just work by casting in the ningi? if it has to stay equipped i've been doing it wrong :/

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-05 14:37:57  
Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq said: »

I think maybe something like this would work if you put at the very start of the <rules> section?
Code
				<equip when="idle|engaged|resting|precast|midcast|aftercast">
					<body lock="t">Iga ningi +2</body>
				</equip>
			</if>
It's not fully automatic in that the body wouldn't be swapped out once Migawari wears like it would with AutoExec, but yeah that's how I'd go about it if I didn't use AutoExec.
 Cerberus.Jafah
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Jaffa
By Cerberus.Jafah 2011-10-09 17:28:10  
what would be the Autoexec code for this to work then?
By Sensesfail 2011-10-10 10:05:50  
Cerberus.Jafah said: »
what would be the Autoexec code for this to work then?

I'll take a stab at it.
Code
<register event="losebuff_Migawari" silent="true">input /sc set $Attack</register>

This is not tested as I cannot test at the moment so feel free to correct me. And obviously change gear to however you use spellcast
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-10 11:09:53  
If you did that you'd find yourself getting swapped into DD gear when you're in PDT/MDT/Eva/midcast etc, not really a desirable outcome. Also your syntax is wrong for the event, need an underscore after losebuff.
Code
<register event="losebuff_Migawari" silent="true">sc enable body; Dancing Chains</register>

Dancing Chains is my dummy ability that acts as a reset trigger for my gear, putting me in the appropriate idle/engaged set if I'm not in the middle of casting a spell. Replace it with whatever you use.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sensesfail
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Sensesfail 2011-10-10 11:18:06  
If you did that you'd find yourself getting swapped into DD gear when you're in PDT/MDT/Eva/midcast etc, not really a desirable outcome. Also your syntax is wrong for the event, need an underscore after losebuff.
Code
<register event="losebuff_Migawari" silent="true">sc enable body; Dancing Chains</register>

Dancing Chains is my dummy ability that acts as a reset trigger for my gear, putting me in the appropriate idle/engaged set if I'm not in the middle of casting a spell. Replace it with whatever you use.

I actually did have an underscore there, not sure why it did not show up?? I actually realized I left out the locking/unlocking part completely, LOL. Thanks for the input and example
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-10 11:20:15  
Oh weird you're right, when I quote your post it shows up o_O
 Cerberus.Jafah
By Cerberus.Jafah 2011-10-10 20:30:00  
how does <register event="losebuff_Migawari" silent="true">input /sc set $Attack</register> or <register event="losebuff_Migawari" silent="true">sc enable body; Dancing Chains</register> lock af3 body on while migawari is active? sorry if im a little slow im not xml savvy :/
By Nevill 2011-10-10 20:36:14  
how does <register event="losebuff_Migawari" silent="true">input /sc set $Attack</register> or <register event="losebuff_Migawari" silent="true">sc enable body; Dancing Chains</register> lock af3 body on while migawari is active? sorry if im a little slow im not xml savvy :/

That is for autoexec, right?
By Sensesfail 2011-10-10 21:22:12  

That's what spellcast is for, personally mine looks like this
Code
				<castdelay delay=".2" />
				<equip when="precast" set="Migawari" />
				<equip when="aftercast" set="$Attack" />
			</elseif>

And Autoexec
Code
<register event="losebuff_Migawari" silent="true">sc enable body; sc set $Attack</register>

This works for me and does not change to my DD gear etc. as my $Attack variable is set to that, I use in game macro's to change that variable so that I can use whatever gear I like for the mob I'm fighting and it always puts back on the proper set, makes it more dynamic for me.
 Cerberus.Jafah
By Cerberus.Jafah 2011-10-11 08:33:08  
so I could just do it like this
Code
    <castdelay delay=".2" />
    <equip when="aftercast" set="Engaged" />
</elseif>

and
Code
<register event="losebuff_Migawari" silent="true">sc enable body; sc set Engaged</register>

?
 Quetzalcoatl.Sensesfail
By Quetzalcoatl.Sensesfail 2011-10-11 09:43:12  
Yes, that should work. Put the elseif statement by the rest of your ninjutsu and it will work fine.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sensesfail
By Quetzalcoatl.Sensesfail 2011-10-11 20:03:03  
@Jafah - After playing with the above a bit I noticed one problem, If I casted migawari and got interuppted it would never unlock body piece by itself until I cast Migawari again then it wore off, So I came up with a workaround for that, basically 2 Autoexec lines.
Code
<register event="gainbuff_Migawari" silent="true">sc disable body</register>
<register event="losebuff_Migawari" silent="true">sc enable body; sc set $Attack</register>

and Spellcast changed to:
Code
				<castdelay delay=".2" />
			</elseif>

This works whether or not you got interuppted/recast not up or your in your mog house and push wrong macro or whatever else, it never locks body unless Migawari buff is active.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-11 21:03:50  
The reason I chose not to do that is that you don't always need the body. Most of the time when I cast Migawari it's to mitigate something that's going to oneshot me, so I prefer to have the gear flexibility whenever possible and thus have a toggle for body on/off. Might still be able to make it work, I'm not very familiar with AutoExec...

Hm. If I'm reading the Windower wiki right, I could rewrite my Ningi lock toggle

to this:
Code
<elseif spell="Banishga V">
				<if advanced='"$NingiLock" = "0"'>
					<var cmd="set NingiLock 1" />
					<cmd>autoexec register 12532 gainbuff_Migawari sc disable body</cmd>
					<addtochat>Iga Ningi +2 Lock On</addtochat>
				</if>
				<else>
					<var cmd="set NingiLock 0" />
					<cmd>autoexec unregister 12532</cmd>
					<addtochat>Iga Ningi +2 Lock Off</addtochat>
				</else>
			</elseif>

Haven't actually tested that code, but I can try it later. The general idea should be sound.
 Cerberus.Jafah
By Cerberus.Jafah 2011-10-12 09:21:54  
I havent had the chance to test the code yet since im still a couple seals short but what u put actu
Quetzalcoatl.Sensesfail said: »
@Jafah - After playing with the above a bit I noticed one problem, If I casted migawari and got interuppted it would never unlock body piece by itself until I cast Migawari again then it wore off, So I came up with a workaround for that, basically 2 Autoexec lines.
Code
<register event="gainbuff_Migawari" silent="true">sc disable body</register>

and Spellcast changed to:
Code
				<castdelay delay=".2" />
			</elseif>

This works whether or not you got interuppted/recast not up or your in your mog house and push wrong macro or whatever else, it never locks body unless Migawari buff is active.

I havent actually had a chance to test the first code i put since im a few seals short, but what you put actually makes more sense. Thank you :)
but a side note, why did u remove this from the original spellcast line?
Code
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-12 09:31:43  
I havent actually had a chance to test the first code i put since im a few seals short, but what you put actually makes more sense. Thank you :)
but a side note, why did u remove this from the original spellcast line?
Code
Quetzalcoatl.Sensesfail said: »
First Page 2