TheBluePrint: Recruiting!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Lakshmi » TheBluePrint: Recruiting!
TheBluePrint: Recruiting!
 Lakshmi.Rearden
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2011-09-30 11:05:35  
Hello! TheBluePrint is back after an Abyssean and FFXIV induced hiatus. There are some new faces, but really, there are a lot of missing faces. That's good though, those people aren't sorely missed. The good news though is that TBP is back, wanna fite about it?

About us: The current shellholder/sacks (in order) are: Nemises, Amberlyy, Rearden (hey that's me), Fowonton and Eviledo. The linkshell itself was an HNMLS in the glory days of mpk'ing, getting banned and rerolling, drama and item whoring. You may be asking yourself, "Damn that sounds like all the ***I hate about being in a linkshell" - I'm going to stop you there, because it goes back to something I said earlier about people missing and not being sorely missed. We aim to get stuff done quickly and efficiently and maximize not only what our members get but what time our members have to do what they want. We very rarely go past our event times and that's for a reason; we want you to have the benefits of a linkshell and to gain something from it outside of a headache.

What we expect: The members we have are friends with each other, the members we get in the future are also our friends. Everyone is on the same team and if we let someone fall behind or not get items (a la the glory days) then that doesn't really help us accomplish the things we want to accomplish. You're only as strong as your weakest link, yadda yadda. We want to instill a sense of teamwork and vested interest in all of our members in what we are doing as a linkshell. If being a part of a team is a problem for someone, then benefiting from us is going to be a problem as well.
I feel like this is something I see in every linkshell shout, but I'll say it anyway. We aren't the nicest bunch of peeps in the box. Having some sort of thick skin and the knowledge to see past what someone is saying and what they mean is a good thing and a necessary thing for our linkshell. People could be nicer, but words are words and it's just a game.

What do we do? ***. I think the better question is what can we do for you.

Right now, events are run from 2000-2300EST (That's 8-11 for the non-military oriented) with a 1930(again 730) gather time for jobs/info/etc. This occurs on Monday through Thursday.
Friday-Sunday are "off" days, but really that's when we look to lend a helping hand for Empyrean farming. Most of our members are working folks and as such play evenings and weekends (not me, I'm a bum) These are the days where you log in and go "I'm bored" and instead you get an Empyrean weapon and all it takes is a little help here and there.

Events are oriented towards whatever the new ticket is, but damn we know you gotta get down on that old stuff to remind you of how hard it isn't anymore.

Mondays/Wednesdays: Voidwatch (Currently have access to city T4/Jeuno, will be looking to reclear for those who need and for temp items, atmacites, etc)
Tuesdays/Thursdays: Anything from Abyssea (For specific gear, eg. Zelus Tiaras) to Einherjar, Sea, KS99, cleave parties, Dyna or whatever your heart can possibly desire. We have a few relics as is, and we aim to get going on a few more. Some self motivation is the defining factor for assistance but help is given where it is needed.

Also, let's admit it, Voidwatch is fun but getting Tanaka'd all day isn't, so breaking up the monotony of more logs can be a good thing. If you're worried about not having all of your seals for +1 gear, +2 gear, whatever it is it can be remedied. Yeah, we aren't doing LS Events to get seals but people do this stuff during the weekends and spam them all day when it is needed. It goes back to the weakest link statement and we're going to get people to where they need to be for us to be successful. In the end, self motivation is key and someone is more than likely going to need whatever it is you need as well.

Requirements: So nuts and bolts and whatnot.
  • Ventrillo access - this isn't a must, but it is strongly, strongly, strongly recommended. Strongly.

• Able to show up to events regularly (this means regularly but RL is RL so doing what you need to do is no big)

• Able to learn, take advice, become better (unless you're pro, then proceed to the next requirement)

• Able to follow orders. Nothing worse than wasting time/effort because of a simple mistake like not paying attention.

• Willing to remerit your jobs in favor of VW procs and other specific situations.

• Willing to level additional jobs, learn how to play those jobs, gear those jobs, skill up those jobs and succeed at those jobs. We don't like everyone on the same job all the time, diversity keeps people interested and everyone knows mixed girls are the best looking anyway.

What are we looking for? People. Awesome people. People to share some good times with, get ***done with, and enjoy the game with. I don't like having headaches as a sackholder. I don't have them now and I don't plan to in the future.

We're not even picky about jobs as long as you'll level something to round yourself out. You may like PUP, and I love you for it but that WHM doesn't want to always be WHM. To make it simple, 1 support and 1 dd. Everything has its uses, variety has even more.

Concerns:
  • I won't get anything, the shell is probably made to get the leaders items. False, most of us have nearly everything we want aside from VW stuff. We run the LS to get members items, I don't like any of you more than another.

• I'll be too far back on the list to get an Emp. False, help people out and they will help you. Show initiative and they will help you. Whine and sit in Port Jeuno? Get nothing. Emps take no time if everyone is busting *** and that's what is expected.

• My gear isn't good, I've never done VW/insertendgamecontenthere. That's okay, you don't need to be perfect or knowledgeable, just willing to become such.

• I'm EU, those events are too late! They are, and right now we only have one EU member who makes (some) events. We'd like more, he needs friends besides me because he is lonely and he is capable of leading things himself.

tl:dr - TheBluePrint: Looking to get ***done again, don't let fear of "x" stop you from getting "y". Try it, even if it's just the tip.

http://theblueprint.guildwork.com
[+]
 Lakshmi.Awsome
user: Awsome
By Lakshmi.Awsome 2011-09-30 11:38:35  
Tryin to recruit on ffxiah.com for members...

That's a paddlin'
[+]
 Lakshmi.Konvict
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2011-09-30 12:42:57  
Best of luck guys, was a great shell back in the day kickin everyones *** and i'm sure it will be better even now. Remember the last week of Garuda everything sat up unclaimed for hours like Tiamat and Nidhogg? Hahahah Oh the memories how I wish there was still HNM. Even though we do still have our differences just wanted to thank ya'll for what you have done for me in the past and I wouldn't be where I was today without each and every single one of you. I haven't logged on in like a week college sucks lol just don't have the time anymore.

Best,
Nite/Kon =)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rearden
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2011-10-04 23:11:12  
Picked up two new members, looking for a few more. Plan to re-clear cities for VW for temps/warps for new members once they settle in. Send a PM, thanks.
 Lakshmi.Schultz
user: Schultz
By Lakshmi.Schultz 2011-10-10 18:58:11  
The game has changed for the worse, I can only wish you guys well and that you can find some form of fun in this game. As Kon said... Best of Luck.

PS: For the record, ya'll sucked at MPK'ing :D just messing with ya.. good luck guys, miss the old days.

---

Kon: I hear ya. I haven't played in a good week or so due to work related issues. I don't even feel like it's worth logging on these days there's nothing "fun" in the game. Should continue this conversation somewhere else though and not hijack Rearden's thread.. at least he got a free bump from this post.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rearden
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2011-10-11 00:10:55  
Haha, thanks. I think that makes us the best at MPK'ing though :D

Picked up some additional members so I'd say recruitment is tentative - we are still missing an additional PLD with Aegis/Ochain completed or near completion or an exceptional DD. Outside of that our roster is pretty full at the moment and we'll be working through helping those members get where they need/want to be.