New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » PDT/MDT
PDT/MDT
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-10-16 03:00:11  
Some nasty -aga's followed up by a couple of lucky melee swings with the above sets could mean the difference between a win or a wipe.

Also you can do max pdt and mdt with out using the defending ring on ninja.

So it really come down to how long you want to spend farming dark rings to find the perfect 2 rings.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-10-16 06:15:37  
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-10-16 06:22:11  
-40 HP on the dark rings kinda sucks though.
Gonna put the 25HP and 4 enmity as my second choice on legs soon.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-10-18 21:11:10  

I am confused on migawari, do you need the body on at start, middle, or when the devastating attack hit you?

Also skill increases how much you absorb too?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-18 21:13:53  
Skill when you cast the spell, body when the spell lands.

I use PDT for pretty much any high-damage AoE TP move and sometimes end up TPing in it at Voidwatch depeding on AoEs and shadow timers. Haven't had a whole lot of luck with evasion sets there.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-10-18 21:20:08  
Pre-cast:

30% Fast Cast
5 body (cast time only)
5 head (cast time only)
2 ring
2 ear
3 neck (cast time only)
3 feet (cast time only)
10 katana

5% instacast
Moonshade and Impatiens

(All listed figures, probably lower)

Swap to skill and haste mid-cast:

+34 ninjutsu skill and capped haste

Then During pwn your face moves:

Leviathan.Draugo said: »

For an oh ***macro?

Could you SpellCast your "Oh ***" macro to use the Iga+2 when Miga is up?

I think I have just found a new goal to strive for in this game.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-10-19 14:34:42  
/shamelessbump

Because I made some changes and I need feedback, this subject has always occupied my mind.
 Leviathan.Haberym
user: Habo
By Leviathan.Haberym 2011-10-19 14:49:37  

Why use a MDB item in your PDT set?
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-10-19 14:56:13  
Because it is both.
It comes out to 26% MDT (visible mdt)
and 50% PDT on the dot (Visible)
But also allows one macro that includes Iga+2 body for any "Oh ***" type AoE or devastating attacks.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-19 15:06:02  
Precasting in haste is pointless, better off putting eva in those slots if anything since it'll potentially reduce your shadow loss during casting. Midcast set looks fine. I would not worry about the body in an oshit set though... there's a strong chance you'd lower your damage taken below your proc threshold by using a -DT set, so if anything it's better to take the move you're trying to negate in your normal engaged gear. It's a similar principle to not having Shell on when using Earthen Armor/Scherzo to mitigate magic damage, you end up potentially taking more damage if it reduces your damage taken below the proc threshold.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-10-19 15:11:51  
Well I figured you can push the damage so low that Miga will not wipe at all unless something REALLY nasty heads my way? Better safe than sorry, and as long as I can stay above 50% HP should be fine right?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-19 15:13:25  
Well I figured you can push the damage so low that Miga will not wipe at all unless something REALLY nasty heads my way?
Then why wear AF3 body in -DT at all? Use a superior set to make sure the lesser moves get pushed below your proc threshold.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-10-19 15:16:49  
lol IDK that is why I am asking, that set is only shy a fraction of a % for capped Phys and is truly capped on Magic.

Unless you wanted to stack stuff like VIT etc. in spots where you would not need/have the MDT/PDT?

This is all kind of theoretical anyway. Need a D.ring for it, Which I do not have. And I pack the body around anyway, why not try and make the most out of the tools I have on me?

So I am shooting for the 2x dark rings set I have posted on the OP first. If I ever do get a D.ring things would need to change anyway.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-10-27 03:22:13  
Yay! all I need now is denali hands, and an ice cube's chance in hell on double awesome 6% rings....

Got a damn good price on belt and back at least.

Thanks Panda for the bump.

49/20% so far though ^^
 Shiva.Msthief
サーバ: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-10-27 22:35:46  
I'm sorry hold up.

AF3 +2 needs to be equipped when the attack move is actually made... not just in your midcast set for migawari? I've only used migawari against Cuijatender/Indrik when I'm already wearing the +2 set for accuracy.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-27 22:50:26  
Shiva.Msthief said: »
I'm sorry hold up.

AF3 +2 needs to be equipped when the attack move is actually made... not just in your midcast set for migawari? I've only used migawari against Cuijatender/Indrik when I'm already wearing the +2 set for accuracy.
It doesn't need to be in your midcast set at all.

lol IDK that is why I am asking, that set is only shy a fraction of a % for capped Phys and is truly capped on Magic.

Unless you wanted to stack stuff like VIT etc. in spots where you would not need/have the MDT/PDT?
Iga +2 > Arhat's +1, Mollusca > Shadow, earrings > Merman's would be one idea.

Quote:
And I pack the body around anyway, why not try and make the most out of the tools I have on me?
Because anything you can reliably mitigate without Migawari is not worth wasting Migawari on, why is this hard to understand? I don't waste Migawari on Blizzaja when fighting Pil, I save it for Flank Opening because it's the move that might actually kill me. I'm trying to mitigate damage without Migawari in -DT sets, so it's more effective to maximize the set than use Iga Ningi +2.