Ballista Question.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Lakshmi » Ballista Question.
Ballista Question.
First Page 2 3
 Sylph.Theme
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Saria
By Sylph.Theme 2011-09-20 18:41:11  
A friend and myself are interested in transferring to the server with the most active Ballista community and we hear a lot of things about Lakshmi. Can anyone confirm this for us? Mostly curious about 60 caps.
サーバ: Shiva
user: pfrogs
By Shiva.Lateraluschan 2011-09-20 19:04:00  
The servers that have active Ballista communities:
Shiva (the best obviously :), everyone's friendly)
Fenrir (seems like a lot of drama and bullying)
Lakshmi (from what I've read, pretty elitist)
Carbuncle (I don't know much about them but seems to be huge with tons of JP)

If you came to Shiva we have a LS for the NA with some of the JP in it too that you could join!
 Fenrir.Curty
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2011-09-20 19:16:01  
On fenrir, lots of JPs play 60 caps and some NAs join every now and then. NAs also get uncaps going sometimes, but there usually is at least one-two trolls on cor or blm/sch.

Depends on time of match if it will actually go through or not. Definitly not the server it used to be years ago with every single cap going through basically 24/7.
 Leviathan.Matteh
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Matteh
By Leviathan.Matteh 2011-09-20 19:28:47  
I'm pretty sure levi dead for pvp Ballista style.
 Shiva.Mackstrife
By Shiva.Mackstrife 2011-09-20 19:32:00  
people still do ballista?
 Shiva.Ravager
user: Ravager
By Shiva.Ravager 2011-09-20 19:35:34  
Shiva.Mackstrife said: »

Yes, why don't you play with us one of these days? Official 60 caps occur about 3-4 times a week. Uncaps don't happen because it's terribly unbalanced.
 Bismarck.Stfutaru
サーバ: Bismarck
user: kivyin
By Bismarck.Stfutaru 2011-09-20 19:36:44  

Shut up.

And to build on what Curty said, even if there was an uncapped going on, it's small and usually with small ballistas, the teams are totally uneven, with a few exceptions.
 Fenrir.Uzugami
user: SSJAV
By Fenrir.Uzugami 2011-09-20 19:38:42  
:( Last uncapped I did two people (On same team) Went RDM+BLM :/ Did the whole, spam sleepga ***was completely annoying (2 mages+2dd Vs. 4 dd? really? D:) People just seem to like ruining uncapped matches lol D:
By Hotsume 2011-09-20 19:42:19  
So this is a great conversation and all, but can we get someone from Lakshmi to answer OP's question?
[+]
 Sylph.Theme
user: Saria
By Sylph.Theme 2011-09-21 17:07:56  
Thanks for the quick replies from everyone.

Shiva.Lateraluschan said: »
The servers that have active Ballista communities:
Shiva (the best obviously :), everyone's friendly)
Fenrir (seems like a lot of drama and bullying)
Lakshmi (from what I've read, pretty elitist)
Carbuncle (I don't know much about them but seems to be huge with tons of JP)

If you came to Shiva we have a LS for the NA with some of the JP in it too that you could join!

Glad to hear everyone at Shiva is friendly. I've heard the same things about Fenrir and Lakshmi, like you said. But Lakshmi seems to be the most active from what I've heard. (Can someone from Lakshmi confirm?)

Shiva.Ravager said: »

Yes, why don't you play with us one of these days? Official 60 caps occur about 3-4 times a week. Uncaps don't happen because it's terribly unbalanced.

About how many people on average show up for 60 caps?
 Lakshmi.Ovjang
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Atusuki
By Lakshmi.Ovjang 2011-09-21 17:17:08  
60 cap is always active on Lakshmi, when it is near or around JP prime time. I have done some matches myself Japanese players are very well geared for 60cap (+1 everything etc)spending around 3m in gear for 60 cap. Uncaps can go on at times, usually when someone shouts beforehand.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-09-21 17:18:18  
What is so balanced about 60 cap?
 Ragnarok.Tarutaur
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Xyooj
By Ragnarok.Tarutaur 2011-09-21 17:29:53  
Wasn't ballista popular on Siren? or did it die down over there?
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-09-21 17:54:30  
Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Ever tried to fight an Ochain PLD on THF?
By Shiva.Lateraluschan 2011-09-21 18:01:34  
Cerberus.Tikal said: »

Yep, at 60 there isn't really any gear that would overpower someones skill.
All jobs are pretty much even except SAM.
 Titan.Sayomi
サーバ: Titan
user: Sayomi
By Titan.Sayomi 2011-09-21 19:20:54  
Siren ballista died out with the dinosaurs, I love ballista and I would love to see another Royale again but like thats ever gonna happen smh.
 Shiva.Ravager
By Shiva.Ravager 2011-09-21 20:02:12  
Quote:
About how many people on average show up for 60 caps?

On Shiva I'll admit it isn't the biggest Ballista scene, if that's what you're looking for. It varies from usually 5v5 to 12v12(Weekends JP prime time) usually in the range of 6v6-7v7. Though, personally, I don't like huge matches anyway, sort of waters down the skill factor, since it's just people jumping the same person over and over, also lag.

Plenty, there really isn't a single job that shifts the balance of a game, unlike uncap. Even back when the cap was 75, jobs like RDM and BLU completely dominated uncap Ballista and shifted the balance of a game too dramatically depending on which team got the only one, the more skilled one, or more of them. Now that the cap is 95, it'd be all RDM and BLM spamming Break/Breakga and MNKs spamming Victory Smite, it's far too unbalanced to even try to play now. Except for the 1 versus 1 Diorama e-peen duels.
 Bismarck.Stfutaru
サーバ: Bismarck
user: kivyin
By Bismarck.Stfutaru 2011-09-21 20:04:14  

60 cap is as balanced as it gets.

30 and 40 caps, jobs with high evasion tend to dominate and everyone spams sleep and bloody bolts. You don't have that much HP as well so a BLM's -ga spell tend to take a large portion of HP and CORs in 40 caps will kill a Tarutaru mage with two Quickdraws. And no one plays 50 cap because you get WS's like Rampage, Dancing Edge, Vorpal Blade, Guillotine, Sidewinder, Slug Shot etc. at 60 cap so you're left with the sucky, minus polearm and H2h, WS's. In 60 caps, most jobs have about the same potential to deal spike damage.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-09-21 20:04:49  
Actually, mages do highly shift the balance in 60 cap. It's just not to the degree of uncapped.

If you have a team of 4 dds vs a team of 3 dds and a mage, unless everyone on that mage team just utterly fails, that team is going to be winning more often than not.
 Shiva.Ravager
By Shiva.Ravager 2011-09-21 20:12:25  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
Actually, mages do highly shift the balance in 60 cap. It's just not to the degree of uncapped.

If you have a team of 4 dds vs a team of 3 dds and a mage, unless everyone on that mage team just utterly fails, that team is going to be winning more often than not.

Hmm, I disagree. I've been in numerous matches with all melee against a team with the only mage, if the team without a mage has provoke from a main war, that basically cancels the advantage of having a mage, or they could just kill the mage every time they pop up, which is usually the chosen strategy.
By Shiva.Lateraluschan 2011-09-21 20:13:57  
Except for the 1 versus 1 Diorama e-peen duels.

Why are you hating man?! >:o
 Quetzalcoatl.Eron
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Eron 2011-09-21 20:15:19  
Cerberus.Tikal said: »

Did an uncapped ballista once. The guy with the kraken club ate us alive.
 Fenrir.Curty
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2011-09-21 20:29:36  
The worst in uncapped is blm/sch, instant cast aeroja for 1.4k damage... fun lol.

Close 2nd is cor with wildfire.

Then of course you have blus and kraken plds rounding off the brokeness on fenrir.

For 60 caps, there are still jobs that are arguably more effective than others. Nice thing is there isn't one job who is completely dominant, the closest I'd say is sam/rng. Although obviously there is many ways to keep a sam/rng in check (eva jobs, take use of no shadows with debuffs, etc..)
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-09-21 20:33:42  
Uncapped seems more fun to me :)
By volkom 2011-09-21 20:34:05  
sleep bolt spam!
 Odin.Upbeat
サーバ: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-09-21 20:38:28  
Kraken clubs have always seemed gimp in 1v1 PvP unless it's on like a PDT build RDM/BLU which would already own pretty much anything even without the KC. Of course I only really PvP on NIN, and a nuke build is really the only way to go...
 Shiva.Ravager
By Shiva.Ravager 2011-09-21 20:40:19  
Fenrir.Curty said: »
For 60 caps, there are still jobs that are arguably more effective than others. Nice thing is there isn't one job who is completely dominant, the closest I'd say is sam/rng. Although obviously there is many ways to keep a sam/rng in check (eva jobs, take use of no shadows with debuffs, etc..)

Yep, SAM/RNG is the closest thing to what could be considered dominant in 60s, what's great is they're also very easy targets to take down or keep in check, since they're very Squishy McSquish Squish along with what you said, enfeebs.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-09-21 20:42:48  

Hmm, I disagree. I've been in numerous matches with all melee against a team with the only mage, if the team without a mage has provoke from a main war, that basically cancels the advantage of having a mage, or they could just kill the mage every time they pop up, which is usually the chosen strategy.
Quote:
unless everyone on that mage team just utterly fails
 Hades.Cheyne
サーバ: Hades
user: Cheyne
By Hades.Cheyne 2011-09-21 20:44:38  
I used to love 60 cap pvp, and I preferred it over uncap because at least with 60 caps everyone is still in balance for the most part like others have said. Uncap though, everyone can pretty much 1 shot each other and mages almost never get touched.

SAM/RNG is pretty boss, but you can work around that. I do agree with Tiger and the 3x Mages 1x Melee vs 4x Melee though. If you have more mages and they all aren't dumb, you're pretty much going to win.
 Shiva.Ravager
By Shiva.Ravager 2011-09-21 20:48:10  
unless everyone on that mage team just utterly fails

Uh, this is assuming everyone is around the same skill level. I'm not saying the team without the mage wins, I'm just saying it's not a mismatch at all, which is what you suggested it would be.
First Page 2 3