フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Melee RDM
Melee RDM
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Fenrir.Kendraian
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Boondo15
By Fenrir.Kendraian 2011-09-06 10:16:20  
Okay so i was reading on the FFXI forus about a melee rdm and it got me wondering. I was thinking more along the lines of the way a PLD would dd (not saying their the best at it) but it is very possible with the plathora of abilities added and RDM uncanny abilities. With Temper it adds yet another interesting feat to RDM dd. I wanted to see what people think as a good set-up for a RDM dd without emphy. The major problem with RDM from what i read is its lack for WS. But RDM does have access to Sanguine Blade and if im correct its most potent from a RDM. TP build should be pretty simple with self haste and the occ 2-4 sword from emphy trials. Im not lv90 rdm and im not a buffer so if i'd level rdm it'd be to play around dd wise. With Enspells dual wielding an occ 2-4 and a mab/or joytoy im sure the damage would be something for a RDM lol. Atmas included the possibilities for a RDM dd would be something to see..
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-09-06 10:18:54  
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking. If you're an oldschool mage-only player (WHM, SMN, BLM, BRD, RDM), RDM is probably your best melee job.

If you have a melee job, it's a better melee than RDM.
[+]
 Asura.Tamoa
サーバ: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-09-06 10:24:23  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking. If you're an oldschool mage-only player (WHM, SMN, BLM, BRD, RDM), RDM is probably your best melee job.

If you have a melee job, it's a better melee than RDM.

This so much.

Additionally, unless something's been changed that I'm not aware of (and I don't think it has), enspell damage only procs on the first swing of any multi-hit weapon.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2011-09-06 10:26:06  
Kin37ix said: »
ummm I take it that's your nuke set, the guy did ask about melee rdm though.
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-09-06 10:27:16  
Cerberus.Tidis said: »

A bit windy in here.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fondue
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-09-06 10:27:28  

do work son
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2011-09-06 10:28:12  
Asura.Tamoa said: »

A bit windy in here.
Shut up.
 Valefor.Gespenst
サーバ: Valefor
user: Gespenst
By Valefor.Gespenst 2011-09-06 10:35:23  
RDM doesn't have access to Sanguine Blade naturally. You have to sub WAR, DRK, BLU, or PLD. Doing so also gives you access to Vorpal Blade which works better than Sanguine if the mob has high magic resistance, not always true because of Vorpal Blade's randomness.

I haven't played around with melee RDM inside Abyssea yet. The main places outside I have is campaign and just playing around in old zones. I've found DRK and BLU to be the most fun subjobs. The most amusing thing I've found about /DRK is that you get access to Absorb-TP and the other attributes. You also get to use Last Resort to increase attack, and with the boost they added it actually lasts awhile. The funnest thing about BLU is cocoon. With a good -pdt set, phalanx, and cocoon there is very little that can hurt you. lol I haven't done /WAR yet but I would imagine its pretty good useful as well, with the addition of double attack and some more attack as well as Berserk. Unfortantely, unless you have learned Death Blossom doing one of those subjobs is really the only way you can get any useful weapon skills at all.

I have used the 2-4 hit sword along with an enspell and it has made a significant difference in how much damage I do. It is of course still not as much as my real meleeing jobs, but its still fun and I hope all of this helped some. lol
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-09-06 10:38:16  
Asura.Tamoa said: »

A bit windy in here.
Shut up.

lol

Anyway, it's really beyond me why people are so desperate to melee as rdm. Only time I ever did that was campaigning back at 75 cap to keep exp buffer up. I fail to see why you'd want to lvl rdm to use it as a melee job too. But to each their own I guess, it just seems so pointless to me, since like Byrth said - if you have a melee job, it's a better melee than rdm.

Meh, I should stay out of the rdm melee discussions altogether.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kendraian
By Fenrir.Kendraian 2011-09-06 10:46:45  
Lol like only one person got what i meant. I dont play RDM the only reason i would play it is to play around. Hence a Melee RDM is not optimal this i know. Anyways RDM without sanguine blade is a bummer.. but i supposed RDM/DRK is a great combo since DRK/RDM is pretty sweet itself. And Aspir would help too. But Fondue did bring up an interesting TP set aside from the Alamace and random drg/pld/cor equip.. didnt want emphys added But i think the job would be set as RDM/DRK ATK bonus and Last Resort will help for the physical aspects and RDM mab will help with sanguine blade. Macro in ur mab and what not i think it'd be quite a fun solo thing.
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-09-06 10:48:19  
IMO if you are meleeing on RDM, you are soloing something that you don't have to kite. Haveing a pure "DD" set isnt really practical.

RDM "DD" set (again IMO) should be more of a PDT/HASTE hybrid set.

Something like this. Fill the empty slots with haste and accuracy or whatever...

im pretty sure the whole premise "isnt really practical"
[+]
 Fenrir.Kendraian
By Fenrir.Kendraian 2011-09-06 10:53:10  
Phoenix.Fondue said: »
IMO if you are meleeing on RDM, you are soloing something that you don't have to kite. Haveing a pure "DD" set isnt really practical. RDM "DD" set (again IMO) should be more of a PDT/HASTE hybrid set. Something like this. Fill the empty slots with haste and accuracy or whatever...
im pretty sure the whole premise "isnt really practical"
Yeah this has no real substance other than im bored
 Fenrir.Kendraian
By Fenrir.Kendraian 2011-09-06 10:55:00  
@ Tamao Im not desperate to dd as rdm tbh im not lv90 rdm cause i dnt like the way rdms have to play (im not a buffer/healing type of guy) this whole thing is just an idea.. Thinking outside of the box if u get what i mean.
 Cerberus.Rayik
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-09-06 10:56:15  

do work son
RDM can't use Blitz ring, or the gun, or two Almace's and I'd think a Brutal Earring would win over the Knight's? Or did I just get woooshed as well?

EDIT: Yep. Bit breezy in here.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-09-06 10:57:18  
Fenrir.Kendraian said: »
@ Tamao Im not desperate to dd as rdm tbh im not lv90 rdm cause i dnt like the way rdms have to play (im not a buffer/healing type of guy) this whole thing is just an idea.. Thinking outside of the box if u get what i mean.

rdm melee options are just horrible, the only time mine comes out is boredom in salvage or campaign when i can think of literally nothing else to do
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-09-06 10:57:42  
Cerberus.Rayik said: »

do work son
RDM can't use Blitz ring, or the gun, or two Almace's and I'd think a Brutal Earring would win over the Knight's? Or did I just get woooshed as well?

im not sure where you get your information but its wrong
 Cerberus.Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-09-06 10:59:32  
Okay so i was reading on the FFXI forus about a melee rdm and it got me wondering. I was thinking more along the lines of the way a PLD would dd (not saying their the best at it) but it is very possible with the plathora of abilities added and RDM uncanny abilities. With Temper it adds yet another interesting feat to RDM dd. I wanted to see what people think as a good set-up for a RDM dd without emphy. The major problem with RDM from what i read is its lack for WS. But RDM does have access to Sanguine Blade and if im correct its most potent from a RDM. TP build should be pretty simple with self haste and the occ 2-4 sword from emphy trials. Im not lv90 rdm and im not a buffer so if i'd level rdm it'd be to play around dd wise. With Enspells dual wielding an occ 2-4 and a mab/or joytoy im sure the damage would be something for a RDM lol. Atmas included the possibilities for a RDM dd would be something to see..

RDM doesn't have access to Sanguine Blade, otherwise we'd be a little better off in the melee department, given our access to MAB traits and gear.

And the official forums are a horrible place for melee discussion at the moment. Everyone over there is a self-righteous *** who turns every mere mention of melee into a crusade of "I'm better than you/urdoinitwrong". It's impossible to have a civil discussion there, at least until the update comes out. Hopefully we get better native WS's.
 Cerberus.Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-09-06 11:01:01  

do work son

Stop trolling. Your set is an obvious joke.
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-09-06 11:02:05  

do work son

is it? pretty sure that general set will do a lot better in the melee department than a 2-4hit or mab shamshit and sanguine blade
 Asura.Dajociont
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2011-09-06 11:02:48  

do work son

i'm going with fondue on this one

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Elivira
[+]
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-09-06 11:04:01  
i love you dajo
 Cerberus.Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-09-06 11:04:01  

do work son

is it? pretty sure that general set will do a lot better in the melee department than a 2-4hit or mab shamshit and sanguine blade

Ok, I'll play along. repeated, and bolded for emphasis:
RDM can't use Blitz ring, or the gun, or two Almace's and I'd think a Brutal Earring would win over the Knight's? Divine and Shield skill isn't doing anything for your dual-wield set, even if you could use two Almace's.
 Asura.Dajociont
By Asura.Dajociont 2011-09-06 11:05:00  
i love you dajo

i love you too fondude :( i just wish rayik understood
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-09-06 11:05:08  
RDM can't use Blitz ring, or the gun, or two Almace's and I'd think a Brutal Earring would win over the Knight's? Divine and Shield skill isn't doing anything for your dual-wield set, even if you could use two Almace's.

no ***einstein lol
[+]
 Cerberus.Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-09-06 11:05:43  

no ***einstein lol

<.<

Then why did you keep it going?
 Asura.Dajociont
By Asura.Dajociont 2011-09-06 11:05:59  
lolllollolololollololollolol
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-09-06 11:06:30  

Fair enough. But I think you'll be sorely disappointed.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7