Attestation Drops... Am I Doing It Wrong?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Attestation Drops... Am i doing it wrong?
Attestation Drops... Am i doing it wrong?
 Phoenix.Lucasta
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: lucasta
By Phoenix.Lucasta 2011-09-06 10:10:24  
I am trying to get the Sword attestation to drop from Goublefaupe (spelling) and my group must have killed him at least 20 times now. Every single time he has only dropped the Great Axe attestation. I just find it odd that if he drops 1 of 3 and sometimes the shield one (if this drop pool is still valid) and its purely random that sometimes we would see other attestations instead of only one every time. I know 20 is a bad sample size but has anyone else experienced this?

Does any other attestation drop from him now? or am i just really really unlucky? Is there something special i have to do to make this jerk drop the attestation i am looking for? Am i doing this totally wrong? or should i just be patient?
 Fenrir.Uzugami
サーバ: Fenrir
user: SSJAV
By Fenrir.Uzugami 2011-09-06 10:13:40  
Attestations have been the biggest *** block for some relic upgraders. (Getting all currency, but Attestation takes forever to drop, etc.) It's just random dumb luck.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-09-06 10:14:59  
It's just luck, and people have had bad luck with attestations forever. If you had been doing this a year ago, your 20 kills would have taken you 10 weeks at a minimum.
 Bahamut.Bizarro
サーバ: Bahamut
user: bizarro
By Bahamut.Bizarro 2011-09-06 10:25:44  
Somewhat off topic but where did u get the pop item to drop from? 3 runs and 1 pop item drop between that one and the one for polearm.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-09-06 10:32:42  
Attestation pop items drop off the weaker Hydra monsters (there are two level ranges). Poke around here for more information.
 Fenrir.Iinfierno
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Iinfierno 2011-09-27 15:55:24  
How many 90s or lv 95s now lol will be need it to kill the NMs for attestations? cuz i think i can go solo farm the pop, but im pretty sure the NM will rape me, if i attemp to solo thx.
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-09-27 16:06:24  
Not a lot, the nms are weak.
Some jobs could probably solo but a dd+healer is a guaranteed win.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2011-09-27 16:14:52  
Have you tried keeping all of the attestations you don't want and forcing a different drop?
 Phoenix.Elspetta
user: Elspetta
By Phoenix.Elspetta 2011-10-24 09:57:10  
Sorry to Necro, but I am getting ready to start working on a G-Horn and I'm curious on the attestation. Right now we have a 3 man team that I farm currency with and we do pretty well, thanks to reading the numerous threads here.

How difficult would Quiebitiel be with only 3 people? What would be a good setup?

Me: blm, rdm, sch, whm, brd, smn, dnc
Person 1: dnc, drg, bst, mnk
Person 2: nin, drg, sam, pup, bst, thf, blu, drk

For currency, we are doing dreamlands with bst/dnc x2 and rdm/dnc.

I appreciate your help!
 Bismarck.Eurell
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Eurell
By Bismarck.Eurell 2011-10-24 10:06:33  
Phoenix.Elspetta said: »
Sorry to Necro, but I am getting ready to start working on a G-Horn and I'm curious on the attestation. Right now we have a 3 man team that I farm currency with and we do pretty well, thanks to reading the numerous threads here.

How difficult would Quiebitiel be with only 3 people? What would be a good setup?

Me: blm, rdm, sch, whm, brd, smn, dnc
Person 1: dnc, drg, bst, mnk
Person 2: nin, drg, sam, pup, bst, thf, blu, drk

For currency, we are doing dreamlands with bst/dnc x2 and rdm/dnc.

I appreciate your help!

The fights were super easy at 90 with 3 people, so you should have no issues. BRD for you obviously, then maybe w/e person 1s strongest DD is, and thf/dnc for person 2? I dont see that set up being much of an issue.

Edit: misread and thought you were doing the trials for lvl 90. I would take you on rdm or whm for healing, but keep the set up for the other 2 people. Will need a thf to help farm multiple trigs if you dont get the horn attestation right away.
 Cerberus.Choerilos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Choerilos
By Cerberus.Choerilos 2011-10-25 12:41:18  
Any tips or suggestions for killing Velosareon? Will need to get an Attestation of Vigor soon. Is he soloable by BST or should I try to get some people? Mostly worried about EES, anyone know how much damage to expect from that now that we're 95?
By BorealisV2 2011-10-25 12:52:05  
Cerberus.Choerilos said: »
Any tips or suggestions for killing Velosareon? Will need to get an Attestation of Vigor soon. Is he soloable by BST or should I try to get some people? Mostly worried about EES, anyone know how much damage to expect from that now that we're 95?

Killing him at 90 was laughable. Only thing to worry about would be if you were doing GK, 'cause he never drops the attestation. Ever.
 Cerberus.Choerilos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Choerilos
By Cerberus.Choerilos 2011-10-25 15:43:48  
BorealisV2 said: »
Killing him at 90 was laughable. Only thing to worry about would be if you were doing GK, 'cause he never drops the attestation. Ever.

Thanks for the reply, sounds good. Is just a bit tough for me what to expect since I haven't fought an attestation NM before. Also, I will probably get at least 5 GK attestations before the Scythe one. Luck and all that.
 Gilgamesh.Hunewearl
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Yuffy
By Gilgamesh.Hunewearl 2011-10-25 16:15:55  

I wanted GK, 1/1. I then wanted bow, 1/1. That was a year ago, though.

Velosareon is good man.
By BorealisV2 2011-10-25 16:20:20  
Gilgamesh.Hunewearl said: »

I wanted GK, 1/1. I then wanted bow, 1/1. That was a year ago, though.

Velosareon is good man.

Went 1/10 on GK...
 Phoenix.Elspetta
user: Elspetta
By Phoenix.Elspetta 2011-10-26 06:20:25  
Bismarck.Eurell said: »
The fights were super easy at 90 with 3 people, so you should have no issues. BRD for you obviously, then maybe w/e person 1s strongest DD is, and thf/dnc for person 2? I dont see that set up being much of an issue.

Edit: misread and thought you were doing the trials for lvl 90. I would take you on rdm or whm for healing, but keep the set up for the other 2 people. Will need a thf to help farm multiple trigs if you dont get the horn attestation right away.

Much appreciated!
By javelinx 2011-10-26 06:52:25  
1/8 or 9 for gk attest a couple years ago, it's always been like that...rumors of killing it during a certain weapon "mode" or 2hr i think are unfounded, but worth a shot if u believe in luck