Synergy Skill Ups On Aprons And Stalls.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Synergy » Synergy skill ups on Aprons and Stalls.
Synergy skill ups on Aprons and Stalls.
By Rivers 2011-08-23 11:04:05  
Hey, I've been reading about people skilling up on Aprons and Stalls for Synergy. I've searched te Internet all day yesterday and the only info I could find was to keep using wind on the aprons until ~42?

I don't know if it's frowned upon doing it this way but I figured I'd already got Bonecraft to 100 and got my apron, glasses, etc... Does anyone have any clearer info on this? Thanks a lot in advance.

-Riv
 Siren.Inuyushi
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-08-23 11:23:16  
Could take Apron to atleast 60, i don't know the cap on it. Stall will take you to 80. It can be slow but it's an easy craft to knock out if you have the time. So easy to level it and watch TV at the same time. I did the apron until I could make my smock then I think I capped out on something else (I forget, it was back when the cap was 60) then I took a break and came back to the cap being 80 and just got Veterent status at my guild so I did the stall then to 80.

Good luck
By Wojo 2011-08-23 11:26:35  
The challenge of synergy is to keep yourself awake while you skillup. Here is my short guide to synergy. Get ready:

1) Find a synergy recipe that is about 10 levels higher than your current level, preferably one that uses earth felwel.

2) cast haste on yourself
3) attempt to make that recipe using earth felwel until the duration of the furnace is about 50% - each time you feed a felwel the impurity will rise by 5 + level difference between you and the recipe.
4) once the furnace is less than 50% feed it other felwel. If you get bored then try to actually make the item. I found that skill-ups are slightly more common as I approached completing the item.
5) repeat this process until you have hit CAP on that recipe. Then, find a new recipe that is about 10 levels higher than you.

There is no 'sweet spot' on getting skillups though so just push through. The reason I suggest a recipe that is 10 levels higher than your current level is that there is a trade off. If the recipe is too high, you will not be able to feed many felwel for chances to skillup per recipe synth. If you pick a recipe that is less than 10 levels you hafto worry about obtaining new materials for different recipes too often. The key to synergy is hammering out the felwel feeds, the more felwel you feed per hour for example, the more skillups you are going to get.

If you are trying to use a lvl 40 recipe while you are skill level 1. You will not be able to feed many felwell per hour. You may be able to get more 0.3 skillups , which is better than 0.1 skillups but that only lasts till bout lvl 50. So you hafto play around and decide what you like.
[+]
By Wojo 2011-08-23 11:36:28  
So as far as recipes go, i would suggest the following:

To get to 10 make some of these things:
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Category:Synergy/Amateur

After 10 making the teleport earrings:

Federation Earring, Kingdom Earring, etc, Cap at lvl 20
Duchy Earring, etc, Cap at 30
Empire Earring, etc, Cap at 40
Nashmau Earring, etc, Cap at 50

Past 50, you probably need to make things that require a high level bonecraft to proceed. GL!
By Rivers 2011-08-23 12:23:31  
Awesome! Thanks guys! I should just start sending you private messages Wojo! Thanks again!
 Cerberus.Saboro
サーバ: Cerberus
user: darkhack
By Cerberus.Saboro 2011-08-23 19:38:27  
i used this path more or less
0-10: Orange Juice is easy unless u dont wanna lvl cooking, then do the lvl 20 earrings at this point the gap doesnt really matter as much.
10-20: Lvl 20 earrings
20-30: Synergy Cuffs aka Tanner's Cuffs, Weaver's Cuffs if you want them OR Lvl 30 earrings
30-40: Silver Nugget
40-44: Synergy Smock
40-50: Mythril Nugget
50-60: Gold Nugget
60-70: Platnum Nugget
If you want to: 70-75: Synergy 75 craft aka Shell Assortment, Starlight Cake,etc.
70-80: Craft Stall
[+]
By Wilsor 2011-08-23 19:45:56  
I like the teleport earrings path as well. I would've made them anyway. At 60+ there's Arewe Ring for Bonecraft.
 Carbuncle.Kunisama
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Kunimitsu
By Carbuncle.Kunisama 2011-08-23 19:50:17  
I did a similar route to saboro except did celestial globe 70-80. It really is a ridiculously easy craft to lvl. 20-80 in one weekend and all you have to pay for is fewel. :S
By Rivers 2011-08-24 10:46:44  
So when you guys skill up on the nuggets and stuff you fail the recipes right? I got to 5 yesterday spamming earth fewell on my apron, then wind after I ran out of earth. Is that basically how I should be skilling up? Can I use any fewell to skill up on any item?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-08-24 10:51:00  
You have to use an element that's required for the synth. Earth is best if you can do it, because you can just Haste yourself and not really suffer from explosions.

I went straight from Weaver's Apron (Earth spam) to Weaver's Stall (more Earth spam). I saw no evidence that the distance between the recipe cap and your current skill level influences skillup rate in any way.
By Rivers 2011-08-24 10:59:55  
Earth seemed the easiest with Haste on, I ran out though and just bought some cheap wind ones from the AH. I could probably make my own with 60 Alchemy, I guess I'd have to price it all out. Returning to the game after 3 year left me Gil-less almost haha. Thanks a lot Byrth!
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-08-24 11:21:27  
np, lol. The page still has a lot of work left to be done (and I'm still learning my *** from a hole in the ground synergy-wise), but this page has some skillup information.
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Ringmastersword 2011-08-24 11:50:36  
If you happen to have a mule and a lot of fewel I personally prefer spamming fire for my element. I pretty much just did gold nugget - plat nugget - stall to hit 80.

The reason I like fire is its the default option so all you have to do is keep hitting enter over and over and over. It may not be faster, but its a lot more mindless if you can have a mule macro viruna and get your timing down. I got so many skillups while I wasn't even watching it was crazy. Nothing like surprise levels!