Ninja Job Adjustments - Answers To User Suggest.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Ninja Job Adjustments - Answers to User Suggest.
Ninja Job Adjustments - Answers to User Suggest.
First Page 2 3 4
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-16 11:11:58  
09-02-2011 02:48 PM
[source]
Bayohne
Community Rep

Issekigan was designed as an ability that makes it easier for the player to avoid attacks and target the opponent.

As I'm sure you know, the order for avoiding attacks goes: Evade>Parry>Utsusemi, so the stronger the opponent (with higher physical attack accuracy), the bigger the effects.

We have received feedback saying that "I would like this ability to parry every time, so I can use it to support Utsusemi," but this would make the ability way too strong, so we cannot implement this kind of change.

However, we felt like the effect duration was too short, so we changed the duration from 30 seconds to 60 seconds. This has been reflected in the Test Server, so try it out!

08-16-2011 06:50 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Ninja feedback!

Go ninja, go ninja, go! <3

Quote:
I want shurikens to be improved.
Shurikens are not weak weapons, but they are not used very much because they are expensive, and it is difficult to obtain a shuriken that fits your level. We are working towards addressing these issues.

Regarding adjustments to ninja itself, we are planning on focusing on merit point categories initially. Concurrently, we would like to work on adding high level shuriken and increasing accessibility. We have received requests for adding additional effects and enfeebling effects to shuriken, but it would be very inconvenient to have to carry various types of shuriken in addition to ninja tools, so we plan to continue to separately utilize ninjutsu for enfeebling effects and shuriken for damage.

Quote:
I would like Yonin/Innin to be sustained abilities.
In exchange for the effects wearing off after a predetermined time, we were able to craft effects that are very powerful. It is possible for the ability to be changed so that the effects are sustained for a long period. In this case, the effects will not wear off, and a weaker version of the effects could be maintained. However, the strong effects that exist currently would have to be weakened, so we don’t think this is desirable.

Quote:
I want an ability that resets hate by throwing a smoke bomb.
For a job that has the versatility of not only dealing damage but also the ability to tank quite efficiently, we don’t have any plans of adding an ability that controls hate.

Quote:
I would like the power of elemental ninjutsu increased.
The power of elemental ninjutsu can be increased through ninjutsu skill, skill bonuses, abilities such as Innin and Futae, and gear with magic attack bonus. We believe that elemental ninjutsu is sufficiently effective when used in conjunction with the above. However, we do think there is an issue with accuracy, so we are looking into a solution.

Quote:
I want the duration of Monomi/Tonko to be increased to a length similar to the duration of magic spells.
Ninjutsu doesn’t have the downside of being detected by magic aggressive enemies when casting, so it’s much easier to recast ninjutsu than magic spells. Thus, the duration of ninjutsu is shorter than magic spells.

Quote:
I want some way to recover HP using ninjutsu.
We have no plans of adding recovery type spells for ninjas. We would like players to choose a job with recovery spells as their support job or have their party members cover them.

Quote:
I would like “Ni” and “San” upgrades added to enfeebling ninjutsu.
If we are to add upgrades to ninjutsu, we would like them to be learned as merit points similar to red mage, so we will look into this during our adjustment of merit points.

Quote:
I would like ninjutsu that protects players from AoE spells added.
We have decided that ninjas will be weak against AoE spells in exchange for having strong defense against single attacks, with Utsusemi being the focal point.

Quote:
Ninja Tools: I want to be able to create inoshishinofuda/shikanofuda/chonofuda through synthesis.
We are planning on implementing this.
 Bahamut.Kazius
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Kazius 2011-08-16 11:14:11  
Quote:
Ninja Gear: I want to make a butterfly made with synthetic bills / bills of deer / wild boar bill

lol.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-16 11:15:59  
Bahamut.Kazius said: »
Quote:
Ninja Gear: I want to make a butterfly made with synthetic bills / bills of deer / wild boar bill

lol.
yea..lol
 Ragnarok.Ravant
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2011-08-16 11:16:13  
Quote:

haha what the heck is this!?
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-08-16 11:17:36  
lolwat
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-16 11:18:06  
i could not understand a single question nor answer in that entire translation tbh :(
[+]
 Asura.Toxleh
サーバ: Asura
user: Toxeus
By Asura.Toxleh 2011-08-16 11:20:45  
all gibberish lol
By Pooman 2011-08-16 11:25:39  
Pandemonium.Ironguy said: »
i could not understand a single question nor answer in that entire translation tbh :(

Gotta be first to post it though!
 Siren.Shihan
user: shihan
By Siren.Shihan 2011-08-16 11:27:27  
only thing i could maybe understand was monomi.. and something about duration being less because its not actual magic.. so maybe no Ni version?
 Bahamut.Kazius
By Bahamut.Kazius 2011-08-16 11:27:31  
First one seems to be something about wanting to toolbag shurikens and sorta sounds like SE are saying no to the idea.

Second sounds like changing Yonin/Innin effects to less potent when you first use them but doesn't decay, rather than them starting with high potency now and decreasing over time.

Third, a smoke-bomb provoke?
Longer Monomi, sounds like a no.
Cure ninjutsu? lol
Others, don't have a clue.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-16 11:28:44  
They're looking at doing something with shurikens via merits (some form of recycle or enhancement?) and adding new ones along with new ways to obtain them to relieve the supply issue.

Second question looks like a request for constant effect Yonin/Innin, which got a "no".

Third question, reset hate by throwing a smoke bomb. Looks like another no.

Not sure on fourth question due to the untranslated kanji.

Increase Monomi/Tonko duration, "no".

Add healing ninjutsu, "no".

No idea on next question.

Protection against ranged attacks? Not sure what the question is here but it got shot down for balance reasons.

Aaaaaaaaaand I'm as clueless as you guys on the last one, wtf lol.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-16 11:29:39  
So basically a bunch of "no" responses and ***nobody cares about, unless the untranslated stuff is interesting.

Also Jubaku: Ni wruuuuu
[+]
 Carbuncle.Shayala
user: Shayala
By Carbuncle.Shayala 2011-08-16 11:30:43  
LMAO at the Google translate :)
Has anyone seen an English version of the DNC q&a yet?
 Bahamut.Kazius
By Bahamut.Kazius 2011-08-16 11:30:47  
Or opposite for smoke-bomb, sounds like enmity reset smoke bomb!

edit: I r slow
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-16 11:35:02  
Carbuncle.Shayala said: »
LMAO at the Google translate :)
Has anyone seen an English version of the DNC q&a yet?
I posted an english version in the DNC forum, I'll link you in a sec

Edit: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/24527/dnc-response-from-the-devs/8/#1491628
 Lakshmi.Jesi
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Jesi
By Lakshmi.Jesi 2011-08-16 11:38:57  
I believe the smoke bomb question was talking about people wanting an ability to shed all hate with a smoke bomb.
 Leviathan.Blevien
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Blev
By Leviathan.Blevien 2011-08-16 11:57:50  
Lakshmi.Jesi said: »
I believe the smoke bomb question was talking about people wanting an ability to shed all hate with a smoke bomb.

yeah they were asking for an ability like hide
 Carbuncle.Shayala
user: Shayala
By Carbuncle.Shayala 2011-08-16 12:07:57  
Siren.Kalilla said: »
Carbuncle.Shayala said: »
LMAO at the Google translate :) Has anyone seen an English version of the DNC q&a yet?
I posted an english version in the DNC forum, I'll link you in a sec Edit: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/24527/dnc-response-from-the-devs/8/#1491628

Thank you :)
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-08-16 12:10:06  
Google translate is priceless sometimes. XD
Quote:
Quote:
We plan to add here.

wait what.. so we'll be able to make butterflies?!
 Lakshmi.Samhain
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Samhain
By Lakshmi.Samhain 2011-08-16 12:32:17  
Re. the wild boar bill, deer bill, etc. lol

I think it has something to do with the universal tools. One of my JP friends explained to me that the universal tools can be translated as "seal of the boar", "seal of the deer", and "seal of the butterfly". Don't quite know what they're getting at though.
 Siren.Mcclane
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2011-08-16 12:34:28  
Why do people ask such stupid questions...
 Siren.Thoraeon
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-08-16 12:37:16  
Wait, you don't want to shower a mob with butterflies?
[+]
 Siren.Mcclane
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2011-08-16 12:38:47  
No, I'd be more interested if they planned on doing something about Dual Wield. For the longest time NIN was the only one with it, and now DNC is very close behind (3% iirc with ideal gear). Just seems like SE is starting to give more jobs some of these traits that made older jobs unique.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-08-16 12:53:59  
last question says they're adding synth recipes for universal tools i believe
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-08-16 12:54:30  
"I want to add a version of Ninja series weak upper"

To me, this one sounds like they are asking for more potent versions of the enfeebling (weakening) ninjutsu. Shot down because that would make nin better than rdm.

"Want to increase the power of 遁術"

I think this one is asking to increase the power of elemental ninjutsu (lol). In the response is mentions "double shinobu" which I think would be the "futae" ability. Basically they are saying "If you make full use of all the stuff that is already there (like gear, futae, etc) it already does enough damage. We will think about increasing the accuracy though."
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-16 12:56:12  
I don't think there's much point linking the japanese Q&A.

(Edit: unless you speak it)
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-16 12:58:14  
Shiva.Flionheart said: »
I don't think there's much point linking the japanese Q&A.

(Edit: unless you speak it)
I agree, but atm that's the only information available.
 Cerberus.Drayco
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2011-08-16 12:59:28  
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-08-16 13:00:51  
Big sad face from me for not having a specific mention of Jubaku: Ni.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-08-16 13:04:14  
Phoenix.Kirana said: »
"I want to add a version of Ninja series weak upper"

To me, this one sounds like they are asking for more potent versions of the enfeebling (weakening) ninjutsu. Shot down because that would make nin better than rdm.

"Want to increase the power of 遁術"

I think this one is asking to increase the power of elemental ninjutsu (lol). In the response is mentions "double shinobu" which I think would be the "futae" ability. Basically they are saying "If you make full use of all the stuff that is already there (like gear, futae, etc) it already does enough damage. We will think about increasing the accuracy though."

遁術 is "tonjutsu" or elemental ninjutsu.
it's kind of weird because "tonjutsu" literally means ninja art of escape :D they basically say "no, because there's already a lot of stuff to improve the power of elemental ninjutsu, although we'll look into adjusting the accuracy."
First Page 2 3 4