フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Blade: Jin
Blade: Jin
First Page 2 3 4
 Asura.Kaisuko
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-08-13 01:57:34  
Didn't see anything recent on this so I wanna know, what's the best Blade: Jin WS set?
This is my current: (all assuming RCB, SS+RR+Apoc, and BH have +3% Crit Dmg, but I'm pretty sure they beat anything else regardless(?))

I currently use that no matter what, but that would probably be my berserk up set. And this as a berserk down set: (If I'd quit being lazy)

For both though, I'm unsure as to which to use; Loki's or Iga+2? Started to think Iga would win unless I'm using GH over SS, but I'd like some opinions. Thanks.^^

Edit: Missing Anwig Salade, which I plan to get soon; 4 agi/dex crit/ws dmg. *fixed*
 Asura.Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-08-13 03:22:36  
Sleep bump; hoping for some replies when I wake up!
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-08-13 03:25:02  
Did you try a Thunder Belt?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-08-13 03:42:46  
Crit rate +1 light earring might be better during zerk up, other than that I can't really think of anything right now..
By medjai 2011-08-13 05:14:12  
wouldnt breeze/thunder gorget be better than Rancor collar?
also wouldnt Anwig Salade augmented with DEX/AGI CRIt/WSdmg slightly outdue
STR/DEX CRIT/WSacc?
edit: forgot to state it would slightly be better inside of aby instead of out lol
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-08-13 05:26:51  
medjai said:
wouldnt breeze/thunder gorget be better than Rancor collar?
also wouldnt Anwig Salade augmented with DEX/AGI CRIt/WSdmg slightly outdue
STR/DEX CRIT/WSacc?
edit: forgot to state it would slightly be better inside of aby instead of out lol

Rancor shits all over gorgets.
I doubt ele belt is better than this belt unless attack is capped.
And regarding the anwig, yes, unless you need the accuracy.
I belive STR/AGI wsacc/wsdmg is better than STR/DEX aswell
[+]
 Asura.Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-08-13 10:13:27  
What I've gathered from other threads is Rancor > everything if its more than a 1-hit ws.
I haven't parsed or anything, but on nin I feel as though I'm not capped on attack as easy as other jobs, so I favor anguinus over an ele belt, but of course, I'm unsure.

Also, sorry about the Salade, I meant dex/agi crit/ws dmg, edited that in at like 4:30am. xD

..And on the light earring, is it possible to get more than 1%?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-08-13 10:15:06  
Asura.Kaisuko said:
What I've gathered from other threads is Rancor > everything if its more than a 1-hit ws.
I haven't parsed or anything, but on nin I feel as though I'm not capped on attack as easy as other jobs, so I favor anguinus over an ele belt, but of course, I'm unsure.

Also, sorry about the Salade, I meant dex/agi crit/ws dmg, edited that in at like 4:30am. xD

Naw, atleast I've never ever seen more than +1% on the earring.
And yeah, I agree with attack on NIN, feels like I'm allways starving for it >_>
 Asura.Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-08-13 10:21:52  
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Asura.Kaisuko said:

Naw, atleast I've never ever seen more than +1% on the earring.
And yeah, I agree with attack on NIN, feels like I'm allways starving for it >_>
Pretty sure I had one, but dropped it because I was in need of space at the time and couldn't think of a good time I would use it. x.x;
By Otomis 2011-08-13 10:23:13  
I have ele belt and torque, As well as a very string Agi set for Hi sets. but as many other have been noticing how much AGI actually effects WS past a certain point seeming to be from 150-200 dependent on mod it diminishes strongly. Since I have been playing with using more attack and double attack as well as triple attack with Hi set. I have noticed my base WS stay near the same while the extra crit double and triple attack proc some very nice number at a seemingly higher rate then going with a full AGI set.

Has anyone else been testing attack set vrs stats set in and out of abyssea? What results have you come up with. I have a nin DPS calc in XL but it seems to primarily focus on stats as well. The one I have even allows for you to enter you atmas as well as food ans base stats. If anyone would be interested in the XML for nin let me know I will post it. Would be great to have some hard core parsers and math geeks take a further stab at the Nin XML and re-posting it for the rest of us.

Thanks - Otomis
By Otomis 2011-08-13 10:30:36  
Aye I know this is Jin forum which I have noticed same effects for Jin as much as Hi. The only difference is that with having a Str and Dex mob the diminishing return seems to be less then with Hi.

O.o /sigh my XML is on other laptop BRB ;)
 Asura.Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-08-13 10:37:13  
Yeah, it becomes a bigger difference when STR is one of the main mods, in abyssea it almost guarantees to be capped fSTR(or close to it) while things such as Hi, Torcleaver, etc fall behind. So it'll probably be harder to see these diminishing values, which I didn't even know existed. Not saying you're wrong, just saying I didn't have a clue^^; lol

To clarify though, did you mean +150~200 or total?
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-08-13 10:39:07  
My Jin set:

Crit rate is your friend. Rancor collar and Iga back are great (atheling might be better when attack is needed). Also, I recommend using GH over SS, unless you are tanking something that requires the max HP boost. The DPS boost from both a nearly the same, but GH has more useful other stats.
By Otomis 2011-08-13 10:45:18  
Asura.Kaisuko said:
Yeah, it becomes a bigger difference when STR is one of the main mods, in abyssea it almost guarantees to be capped fSTR(or close to it) while things such as Hi, Torcleaver, etc fall behind. So it'll probably be harder to see these diminishing values, which I didn't even know existed. Not saying you're wrong, just saying I didn't have a clue^^; lol

To clarify though, did you mean +150~200 or total?

Meant It seems when total stats hit between those lvs on regular mobs you are at the max effect of the stats. anything past that offers little damage advantage as opposed to adding more attack power or crit/double attack/triple attack.

OK...How the heck to I load this XML file to the forum?
By Otomis 2011-08-13 10:55:44  
Well i guess I am a little internet slow as to how to upload xml files to forum. if anyone needs a decent Nin XML file let me know. Peace out peeps!
 Sylph.Kiaru
サーバ: Sylph
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-08-13 11:05:23  
Iga tekko +2 < af1+1 gloves for jin. :(

Iga body +2 > lokis for jin.

Iga cape is horrible inside abyssea, atheling always.

Ample gloves are pretty much inventory -1 :/

Iga +2 feet > Lithe boots > those weird as hell boots you have for jin.

Anwig salade with ws dmg +2% > aias bonnet.

SS > GH for pure DPS, GH is for kannagi owners, SS is for non-kannagi.
 Asura.Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-08-13 11:07:58  
Sylph.Kiaru said:
Iga tekko +2 > af1+1 gloves for jin.

how does +10 to mod beat +12? (+3 atk from the 6 str as well)

Edit: Also, thanks Oto, but I don't know how either. lol
 Asura.Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-08-13 11:24:08  
Sylph.Kiaru said:
Iga tekko +2 < af1+1 gloves for jin. :(

Iga cape is horrible inside abyssea, atheling always.

Ample gloves are pretty much inventory -1 :/

Iga +2 feet > Lithe boots > those weird as hell boots you have for jin.

Anwig salade with ws dmg +2% > aias bonnet.

SS > GH for pure DPS, GH is for kannagi owners, SS is for non-kannagi.
Damn your editing xD
But as you see I have 2-sets, Rager boots are for low attack situations, as a nin there's a lot of times where attack isn't going to be capped, probably not even with the attack set I have posted(especially on high teir heroes NMs)
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-08-13 11:27:36  
i SS is better for atma, how is loki's worse for body Kiaru? SS will get you those big spikes, but here's why I use GH.... with RR you get +30% crit rate, but its not gonna put you at that super high point where most of your hits are crits. GH not only gives you 50 agi for subtle blow checks, and +10% counter, it gives you +20% hit rate. I've noticed I crit a hell of a lot more with GH. Its VERY noticeable and it speaks for consistency for jins. It will pretty much always crit atleast 2/3 and thats not accounting for DA/TA (apoc, brutal, /war.. etc etc).
 Asura.Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-08-13 11:30:14  
Well to be honest, I use GH more than SS for versatility, but when I've used SS I preferred it more(for DD); but of course I don't parse crap so my word isn't that good I suppose. lol
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-08-13 11:31:42  
Asura.Kaisuko said:
Sylph.Kiaru said:
Iga tekko +2 > af1+1 gloves for jin. Iga body +2 > lokis for jin.
how does +10 to mod beat +12? (+3 atk from the 6 str as well) Edit: Also, thanks Oto, but I don't know how either. lol
Depends on if you are ACC caped or not... in weak mobs yeh the AF+1 will win but the acc on the af3 can be helpful for capping out acc on tougher ones.
 Sylph.Kiaru
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-08-13 11:36:16  
Math was done somewhere that SS is more damage and af3+2 body is slightly ahead of loki's for jin. The mods/attk/crit beat loki's 11 dex mod and +Crit dmg.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-08-13 11:37:45  
jin has a dex mod
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-08-13 11:57:39  
I think she meant that Loki's (11 DEX) compared to af3+2 body (12 DEX) adds nothing to the ws but crit dmg.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-08-13 12:02:40  
more like she edited her post
 Sylph.Kiaru
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-08-13 12:03:32  
Really though, jin sucks horribly. Work on kannagi~
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-08-13 12:09:20  
i wouldn't say jin sucks horribly, hi loses a lot of its edge outside, although aftermath is still good. anyway that attitude's pretty unnecessary, not everyone is going to want to put the effort in for a kannagi.
 Asura.Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-08-13 12:11:53  
I plan on working on it eventually, but until then all I have is Jin :P
 Sylph.Kiaru
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-08-13 12:12:49  
Hi does not lose it's edge AT ALL outside, aftermath + double ws damage(My hi's do double the damage my jins did outside <_<) + higher damage katana is huge.

It's also not a lot of effort at all, and if you're serious about NIN you should get a kannagi, blade: jin is really weak.
First Page 2 3 4