言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Blade: To brew
Blade: To brew
First Page 2 3
By Brigandier 2011-08-09 17:43:27  
After camping the AH for about 3 months, I finally got my hands on a Shamo (TP Bonus Katana) and decided to give Blade: To a shot on Apademak (weak against ice/earth). Here were my results:

The above was done using Smiting/Beyond/Ultimate. Since it seems to do well, I am considering getting Atma of Undying for another 20% ice damage boost, but I didn't want to blow another brew to see if it will out parse Ultimate.

Any suggestions on how to squeeze a bit more out of it? :)
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2011-08-09 17:45:28  
Trial of magians katana?
By Brigandier 2011-08-09 17:47:51  
Bahamut.Milamber said:
Trial of magians katana?
Edit: Whoops, read that wrong. I wonder how much more DMG that would add?
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-08-09 17:47:57  
can get a TP bonus+100 ToM katana since it will work in off-hand, or try an int+/MAB+ katana to off-hand

edit: and the shamo is low base dmg compared to the ToM ones i'm sure
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-08-09 17:56:03  
I would think TP Bonus katana or dagger (shamo or martial) off hand + dagger main hand doing AE would be the best all around maybe not against this particular mob.

tbh i didn't know there was a tp bonus katana just knew about the dagger NINs can't use and martial knife price went through the roof. Someone mind linking to said ToM TP Bonus Katana?
 Fenrir.Leoheart
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-08-09 18:02:39  
This was done with a level 80 kannagi using no set up bar the atma - Razed ruins, ultimate and beyond.
I usually average around 20k-30k Blade: to's on a brew then going down to 15k ish on heroes nms such as Azdaja.
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
user: Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-08-09 18:04:05  
idunno I had bad personal experience trying Blade: To on Rani so it kind of got me away from using it
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-08-09 19:37:19  
blade to : bayond ,ultimate and mm?
 Carbuncle.Axle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-08-09 19:57:36  
Carbuncle.Tweeek said:
idunno I had bad personal experience trying Blade: To on Rani so it kind of got me away from using it

Ya Rani and Blade: To don't mix. My brewed To did 500 dmg, then i switch to something else. Had beyond and everything on too.
By Brigandier 2011-08-09 21:35:08  
Carbuncle.Axle said:
Carbuncle.Tweeek said:

Ya Rani and Blade: To don't mix. My brewed To did 500 dmg, then i switch to something else. Had beyond and everything on too.
Perhaps Rani is a special case with To (maybe resistance to ice?). I'd like to see someone try Blade: Teki as well. I've read that Yu is comparable to AE, and my testing has shown Teki beating Yu.

I can agree with everyone that "AE Works", but I don't like the small amount of testing that happens due to everyone assuming "AE or nothing".
By Jovant 2011-08-10 21:03:12  
just tried a brew on apademak. wasnt hitting big numbers like 50k+
i was using Beyond/Ultimate/Undying. using TP @ 100 was only getting me as high as 24k my low was 8k average was around 13-16k. did you wait for full 300tp? to net that damage of 55k?

fyi: was in TP gear maybe thats why?

edit: fleed to Sisyphus on my remaining brew had 300tp and i did a 56k blade: To... so im guessing you was in fact waiting for 300tp to WS on apademak?
By Brigandier 2011-08-10 21:19:54  
Jovant said:
just tried a brew on apademak. wasnt hitting big numbers like 50k+
i was using Beyond/Ultimate/Undying. using TP @ 100 was only getting me as high as 24k my low was 8k average was around 13-16k. did you wait for full 300tp? to net that damage of 55k?

fyi: was in TP gear maybe thats why?

edit: fleed to Sisyphus on my remaining brew had 300tp and i did a 56k blade: To... so im guessing you was in fact waiting for 300tp to WS on apademak?
All of mine were done @300TP no matter what. I used Smiting(100TP Bonus)/Beyond/Ultimate, and main handed Shamo (TP Bonus Katana, adds another 100TP). My WS set is my usual Jin set with some MAB and breeze belt/gorget:

TP Bonus and Gorgets were probably the most important factors. Blade: To has a .5 modifier at 100TP, and a 1.0 modifier at 300TP, and gorgets/belts push that to 1.2 I believe. Other than that, I had Innin up and behind Apademak (due to its conal weakness/petrify attack) and an Acetic's Tonic going too. Most of my hits were 50kish, with the 56k being the highest.

I did have a few lower ones as well in the 25k range, but I assumed they were resists; however, maybe it's possible to double attack it to higher numbers? I'm not too sure of the mechanics, which is why I posted it up here lol.
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-08-10 22:05:41  
Rani resists any element aligned with darkness (ice/water/earth/dark).
 Quetzalcoatl.Scruffyballs
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Scruffyballs 2011-08-11 09:30:53  
If you're waiting for 300tp, how many were you able to get in with one brew?
By Brigandier 2011-08-11 10:28:17  
Quetzalcoatl.Scruffyballs said:
If you're waiting for 300tp, how many were you able to get in with one brew?
I wasn't waiting for 300TP due to TP bonuses I had, but I managed to kill 4 of them before my brew wore. If you don't have a TP bonus katana, just go smiting/beyond/ultimate and wait for 200TP (will still count as 300TP). If you're careful about not getting stunned (I wasn't), you could probably still get 4 out of a brew if you're lucky, but have someone there on standby just in case.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [49 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Kajii
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kajii
By Leviathan.Kajii 2011-09-29 02:11:57  
Just did this and was able to kill 6 Apademaks with one brew :D
 Cerberus.Freonski
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Gero
By Cerberus.Freonski 2011-09-29 04:15:06  
Brigandier said: »
SA/TA
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2011-09-29 04:22:50  
Cerberus.Freonski said: »
Brigandier said: »
SA/TA

No.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-09-29 04:26:58  
grats on 666th post being "No."
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2011-09-29 05:55:38  
Personal highest so far is 62k+ on Dragua using a single hand ToM MAB katana, /war, Beyond/Ultimate/Beyond
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-09-29 05:59:59  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Beyond/Ultimate/Beyond
:O Teach me how
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2011-09-29 06:56:43  
>.> Don't attempt this on Azdaja, same atma, proper MAB gear, Innin, Wizards Roll 11, Ascetic's Gamberic, couldn't break 5k lol
 Asura.Malkavius
サーバ: Asura
user: Malkavius
By Asura.Malkavius 2011-09-29 07:04:04  
Ragnarok.Nekonarf said: »
>.> Don't attempt this on Azdaja, same atma, proper MAB gear, Innin, Wizards Roll 11, Ascetic's Gamberic, couldn't break 5k lol

I was doing 15k~ Blade: To's on Azdaja with a no where near perfect MAB setup. Ultimate, Beyond, SB
 Odin.Zelphes
サーバ: Odin
user: Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2011-09-29 09:10:53  
Interesting numbers you can put @300 TP with Blade: To, but if this is about best brew WS for NIN on Apadamak, stick to Sanguine Blade. With just Cosmos/Banisher and no brew-specific gear set, each WS does 30-34k consistently @100 TP which produce more dmg per brew over Blade: To. I usually get 7 kills done per brew, and can be lucky to do 8 kills if everything is timed right (start with 300 TP pre popping brew and no odd resists on WS).
 Cerberus.Wojo
user: Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-09-29 09:30:36  
I have no clue how you would hit 55k blade:to, thats insane.

I have the +100 TP magian katana and I've brewed apademak. Since :TO is wind / ice, i thought Gales/Beyond/Ultimate would be best. I went in NIN/BLM with some MAB earrings, etc. 200~300tp i would see 30k~ fairly consistently. Overall the magian katana is not worth getting. Non-brew specific gear/atmas is 'almost' as good as what I saw.

I will try smiting / ultimate / beyond with the ToM katana this weekend and report back.

I thought the +100 TP bonus only works on the main hand....is this wrong? If that's not the case, i would throw martial knife in the offhand or offhand the +100 TP katana while aolean edging martial knife main.
 Cerberus.Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-09-29 09:34:36  
Ifrit.Eikechi said: »
can get a TP bonus+100 ToM katana since it will work in off-hand, or try an int+/MAB+ katana to off-hand

edit: and the shamo is low base dmg compared to the ToM ones i'm sure

A quick search in the forum for TP Bonus and you see a bunch of people saying it only works in the main hand. I should test it out.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-29 09:35:06  
Cerberus.Wojo said: »
I have no clue how you would hit 55k blade:to, thats insane.

I have the +100 TP magian katana and I've brewed apademak. Since :TO is wind / ice, i thought Gales/Beyond/Ultimate would be best. I went in NIN/BLM with some MAB earrings, etc. 200~300tp i would see 30k~ fairly consistently. Overall the magian katana is not worth getting. Non-brew specific gear/atmas is 'almost' as good as what I saw.

I will try smiting / ultimate / beyond with the ToM katana this weekend and report back.

I thought the +100 TP bonus only works on the main hand....is this wrong? If that's not the case, i would throw martial knife in the offhand or offhand the +100 TP katana while aolean edging martial knife main.
No weaponskill, or magic, has ever been multi-element in terms of the damage dealed, I really don't know what led you to believe this.

:To is ice and only ice, hence when you read the help message for it it reads
wait for it
[+]
 Cerberus.Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-09-29 09:42:14  
I'm not the only crazy person here, cuz that guy is using breeze belt/gorget in his setup.

Jovant said:
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-29 09:53:57  
Cerberus.Wojo said: »
I'm not the only crazy person here, cuz that guy is using breeze belt/gorget in his setup.

Jovant said:
No, you still are
But I know where your confusion lies now
Skillchain properties != Elemental damage done to the mob
Nor does it mean that the "Enhances X-element damage: Superior" on atmas affects weaponskills based on weaponskill properties, otherwise every person would be using something stupid like Atma of the Beyond to enhance their Ukko's Fury damage or something.

Let me break it down further:
Blade: To has the weaponskill properties of both "ice" and "wind" to make it simple
That means that for skillchains, those are the roles it is capable of taking when participating in a skillchain
Elemental gorgets and belts affect weaponskills by raising the ftp of weaponskills with the same skillchain property elements by 0.1

Kind of shocks me that people can level jobs like blm not knowing this sort of thing
 Cerberus.Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-09-29 10:06:49  
Ah yah that is how i got confused. Now i'm wondering what weaponskills has to do with blackmage. Or are you refering to specific skillchains for Magic Burst. (which has been a dead concept for i think 4 years?)
First Page 2 3