フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » RDM - Almace DEX Set
RDM - Almace DEX Set
First Page 2 3
 Bismarck.Disguise
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: xKrafty
By Bismarck.Disguise 2011-07-21 13:04:55  
I'm wondering what would be a good set to boost DEX as a RDM when wanting to weapon skill with a Almace.

I'm unsure on how to post what item set I currently use, if someone could tell me I'll post mine and see what improvements I can make.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-21 13:07:45  
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/17622/melee-gear/

Last few pages probably has what you are looking for
 Bismarck.Disguise
By Bismarck.Disguise 2011-07-21 13:10:01  

That's a item set I just made with what I use.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-21 13:10:49  
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-21 13:12:09  
Atheling Mantle for sure. Can quest a jupiters ring, potentially with +attack augment. DEX ammo, suppa, Gorget, Cuchulain's belt. dunno about helms off the top of my head.
 Bismarck.Faelar
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-07-21 13:12:58  
Ramuh.Austar said:
Atheling Mantle, can quest a jupiters ring, potentially with +attack augment. DEX ammo, suppa probably. Gorget. Cuchulain's belt. dunno about helms off the top of my head.

Aias Bonnet.
 Bismarck.Disguise
By Bismarck.Disguise 2011-07-21 13:13:04  
Ramuh.Austar said:
Atheling Mantle, can quest a jupiters ring, potentially with +attack augment. DEX ammo, suppa probably. Gorget. Cuchulain's belt. dunno about helms off the top of my head.

Atheling Mantle purely for the +20 attack?

I use Nifty mantle because of the +DEX it offers.

Bismarck.Faelar said:
Ramuh.Austar said:

Aias Bonnet.

RDM can't use it.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-21 13:13:45  
Bismarck.Faelar said:
Ramuh.Austar said:

Aias Bonnet.
RDM can't use that.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-21 13:14:01  
Bismarck.Disguise said:
Ramuh.Austar said:

Atheling Mantle purely for the +20 attack?

I use Nifty mantle because of the +DEX it offers.
yeah.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-07-21 13:15:09  
I want an Almace, but the trials are enough to want me to hang myself more
 Bismarck.Faelar
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-07-21 13:15:48  
Ramuh.Austar said:
Bismarck.Faelar said:
Ramuh.Austar said:

Aias Bonnet.
RDM can't use that.

Ah, right. Ignore that. Just got off work so I'm a little bleh.

Threw this together, seems to be an ideal set.

Selenian Cap augments would be DEX/AGI +4, WS dmg +2%, crit dmg +2%.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-21 13:16:11  
Aslo either AF gloves are barbarian mitts.
 Bismarck.Disguise
By Bismarck.Disguise 2011-07-21 13:16:37  
Sylph.Liltrouble said:

It's worth it, I was thinking of getting a Kannagi but I choose the Almace to complete my RDM, I'm happy I made the choice and time into it.

May not be the best damaging empyrean out there, but I can do 2-4k most of the time.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-21 13:17:16  
Bismarck.Faelar said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
Bismarck.Faelar said:
Ramuh.Austar said:

Aias Bonnet.
RDM can't use that.

Found this around, looks to be an ideal set.

Selenian Cap is DEX/AGI +4, Weapon skill damage +2%, critical hit damage +2%.
Dunno if I would bother with the bow, not worth losing ammo slot for 1 DEX on WS. Also antaress harness. Same ACC, but with DEX for mods.
By sefalon 2011-07-21 13:20:22  
Wouldn't a antares harness be better than a scorpion harness
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-21 13:20:59  
yes
[+]
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-07-21 13:21:13  
Bismarck.Disguise said:
Sylph.Liltrouble said:

It's worth it, I was thinking of getting a Kannagi but I choose the Almace to complete my RDM, I'm happy I made the choice and time into it.

May not be the best damaging empyrean out there, but I can do 2-4k most of the time.

I have the Fleuret, working on an Arch-boss set for the Sagasinger, which I think is more elite for Rdm than the almace, and I won't have to contemplate suicide in obtaining, XD
[+]
 Bismarck.Disguise
By Bismarck.Disguise 2011-07-21 13:23:40  
Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Bismarck.Disguise said:
Sylph.Liltrouble said:

I have the Fleuret, working on an Arch-boss set for the Sagasinger, which I think is more elite for Rdm than the almace, and I won't have to contemplate suicide in obtaining, XD

I have the Chimeric Fleuret but I prefer the Joyuse when I'm TPing for the extra hits.

The sagasinger, me and a few friends need 2 more Tomes so we can pop him.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-21 13:24:09  
Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Bismarck.Disguise said:
Sylph.Liltrouble said:

If you're not using almace, use a *** dagger.
[+]
 Cerberus.Maxiel
サーバ: Cerberus
user: maxiel
By Cerberus.Maxiel 2011-07-21 13:28:22  
Sylph.Liltrouble said:

Don't know how it's like in Slyph, but apparently everyone in Cerb already has their Almace and Kannagi. I've been there more times than I can count in the past month and there's barely any competition. Maybe my group is just lucky...
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-07-21 13:30:47  
Cerberus.Maxiel said:
Sylph.Liltrouble said:

Don't know how it's like in Slyph, but apparently everyone in Cerb already has their Almace and Kannagi. I've been there more times than I can count in the past month and there's barely any competition. Maybe my group is just lucky...
It's not the camps that have me wanting to /wrist, it's the repetitivness. staying in a zone, hours on end, doing the same thing over and over and over and over.... Sagasinger or BUST!!!
 Bismarck.Luces
By Bismarck.Luces 2011-07-23 07:21:44  
Ramuh.Austar said:
Bismarck.Faelar said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
Bismarck.Faelar said:
Ramuh.Austar said:

Aias Bonnet.
RDM can't use that.

Found this around, looks to be an ideal set.

Selenian Cap is DEX/AGI +4, Weapon skill damage +2%, critical hit damage +2%.
Dunno if I would bother with the bow, not worth losing ammo slot for 1 DEX on WS. Also antaress harness. Same ACC, but with DEX for mods.

This is my weapon skill set it's posted in the RDM mellee section which covers this thread,including offhand sword discussions. RDM can't go pure dex for Almace, We don't have enough, nor access to gear with much of, atk, and outside sadly accuracy at times, to do this. Antarees or AJ would be better then SH+1 but I don't have time to farm for those right now. I was using chimaric for most the time offhand then after the update I switched to str shamshir +2 and it's much more consistent higher damage. Lithe boots do very little for us on rdm compared to rager's. If you using RCB, and atk drink and atmas and your finding yourself capped then lithe boots would over way them. Outside lithe can't touch it. I use the bow just because I havn't got demonry core or thunder satchel, when I'm not soloing I use tiphia sting, phantom tathlum and light sachet instead of the bow.
By Cathaldus 2011-07-23 08:04:15  
Surely Demonry Core (+4 DEX) or Thunder Sachet (+2) would be better then the bow, if not just so you can macro the ammo slot.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-07-23 08:40:56  
Oneiros Pebble as well if you need accuracy during TP, Smart grenade if you don't. Thundersoul over Jupiter's unless it has attack augments. Rancor Collar for neck as well.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-23 09:17:57  
What is going on in here...

Str sword, rings augmented with atk, WS/crit DMG +2% Selenian Cap.
By Cathaldus 2011-07-23 11:45:46  
Question: is Lithe Boots better than Rager Ledelsens (AGI-6 Accuracy+10 Attack+12)? Though that is WoE, yuck!
 Cerberus.Lightvision
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Lightvision 2011-07-23 12:08:37  
Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Cerberus.Maxiel said:
Sylph.Liltrouble said:

It's not the camps that have me wanting to /wrist, it's the repetitivness. staying in a zone, hours on end, doing the same thing over and over and over and over.... Sagasinger or BUST!!!

/sigh

well i complete 50 helms, 50 skins, 50 gems and 50 lanterns in a total and 4 days, its called CLEAVING only KI you need to get from NM is bugard.

if you have this kinda attitude then you dont deserve to even get an empyrean ans basically stfu, Sagasinger wont allow you to pull of 2-5k vorpal's on RDM, i personaly have done up to 6.2k CDC on PLD, messed about in mage gear waiting on starting Voidwatch and was doing an easy 600-1.2k cdc, vorpals wont do as much
[+]
By Starkzz 2011-07-23 14:09:10  
Assault Jerkin/Tarasque mitts+1 are prob the best-in slots for RDM IMO, tis what I use anyway.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-07-23 19:25:04  
Warlock's +1/Antares/Lithe if you need the accuracy from Antares/near attack capped/outside and benefitting from dDEX on weak monsters are options as well.
First Page 2 3