Drg Or Drk. Wut You Think?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » drg or drk. wut you think?
drg or drk. wut you think?
First Page 2 ... 8 9 10
 Fenrir.Phatstackodax
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Phatstackodax 2009-04-10 10:23:26  
So I've been thinking about raising another melee job. Specifically I'm debating on drk or drg. my drk is only 10, and my drg is already 43. this is going to be a slow climb to 75 b/c its just not that important to me however which do you all think i'd have more fun with. my other jobs are blu/rng/bst and soon cor. whatcha think and why?
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-10 10:24:19  
Let me be the first to tell you...

LOLDRG
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Majora
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2009-04-10 10:25:12  
Enternius said:

LOLDRG

telling that a job that pulls hate with DoT past 52... well...

w/e you lvl of those both - its a good thing that you take your time there XD
 Ifrit.Haseyo
サーバ: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-04-10 10:25:20
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Well both are 'lol' jobs so...
I say Drk since I like Drks as Cor. :P
 Fenrir.Phatstackodax
By Fenrir.Phatstackodax 2009-04-10 10:25:38  
yeah i know. but its more for me to have fun with. not really for any endgame purpose...
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-10 10:26:55  
Everyone I know that's played DRG has had a good time and enjoyed it, and everyone I know that's played DRK has bitched about it, so I vote DRG. ^^
 Ifrit.Haseyo
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-04-10 10:28:30

There isn't enough Raise in the world for all the Drks we have...they give up early. :3
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-10 10:29:24  
Magistrella said:
Enternius said:

LOLDRG

The one advantage DRG has is that it gets its good WS at LV49, before most DDs do. That is the one and only reason DRG can take any hate.
As far as taking hate through DoT...WAR, MNK, DRK, RNG, and SAM can all do that too.
Edit:I assume that when talking in DoT, you mean that whenever I Double Attack or Critical hit on DRK, and immediately gain the atteion of the mob, that counts as taking hate through DoT?
 Fenrir.Phatstackodax
By Fenrir.Phatstackodax 2009-04-10 10:31:20  
idk. i was leaning towards drk just so i can watch my hp go from 5 to 0 since i'm taru after all. one souleater would kill me ^^ mp sponge FTW lol
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Majora
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2009-04-10 10:31:54  
Enternius said:
Magistrella said:
Enternius said:

LOLDRG

The one advantage DRG has is that it gets its good WS at LV49, before most DDs do. That is the one and only reason DRG can take any hate.
As far as taking hate through DoT...WAR, MNK, DRK, RNG, and SAM can all do that too.
Edit:I assume that when talking in DoT, you mean that whenever I Double Attack or Critical hit on DRK, and immediately gain the atteion of the mob, that counts as taking hate through DoT?

same on my drg here <.< one DA or a crit for 300 at 55 on colis... better have super jump rdy ><
 Ifrit.Haseyo
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-04-10 10:32:05

Every Drk swing = Animated Flourish.
Every Drk JA = Flash.
Every Drk WS = Provoke.
 Fenrir.Phatstackodax
By Fenrir.Phatstackodax 2009-04-10 10:33:37  
so. if i raise drk should i merit enm+ to really piss ppl off? lawlz
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-10 10:34:56  
To be honest, there's nothing wrong with leveling any job. Except PUP of course. In fact, if I were to suggest any job to level, it would be SAM. Taru suffers too much from low HP (for Souleater) AND low STR to be an incredibly effective DRK.

That being said, if you have RNG at 75, you know exactly how DRK works. You take too much hate and you die a lot. End of story.
 Fenrir.Phatstackodax
By Fenrir.Phatstackodax 2009-04-10 10:37:23  
yeah. and lvln bst has taught me more about hate control than just about anything. at this point its not "do i know how" its more "will this be fun enough to lvl to 75"... ^_^
 Shiva.Thedevilsson
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Thedevilsson 2009-04-10 10:38:47  
DRG and DRK are both fun. Every merit party wants a DRG not many want a drk + drk invites slow down in whitegate areas. DRG picks up big time i can't flag up on drg in whitegate without getting at least 6 invites.
 Fenrir.Phatstackodax
By Fenrir.Phatstackodax 2009-04-10 10:39:37  
I'd like to take cost for gear into consideration for this too. I realize drg does not have many choices. So does that make the only gear available more or less $$$?
 Fenrir.Phatstackodax
By Fenrir.Phatstackodax 2009-04-10 10:40:35  
whoops~ actually gotta work for a while. i'll check thread later ^.~
 Cerberus.Jiko
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-04-10 10:41:48  
Psh. Pups where its at...

;)
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-10 10:42:31  
As a lot of people have already said, the good thing about DRG is that it's fun. Mainly because you don't have to worry about taking hate and dying anywhere near as often with High Jump and Super Jump.
And yeah. DRG doesn't get a good melee body until 55, and then that's one of the best until 70+ at least. At least most of the DRG AF is useful.
 Seraph.Greyfin
サーバ: Seraph
user: Greyfin
By Seraph.Greyfin 2009-04-10 10:59:44  
DRG and DRK both have their uses, to say one is better than another is kinda pointless in this game now days.
DRG end game is now a viable option with the appropriate gear and merits. Angon works wonders for everyone in your alliance that is meleeing a mob, and your high dmg polearm allows you to do dmg to those high defense mobs without too much problems.
DRK is pretty sick end game too , again with proper gear and merits. DRK is king of the ZERG! fights with a M.Kris, Ridill, B.Zanghal or Kclub.
Both of these jobs are fairly gear dependent(which job isn't though hah) and some of the gear can be difficult to obtain.
DRG and DRK both use about the same TP gear, might that be askar, ares, or homam, and both use about the same WS gear, Hecatomb, with the exception of a couple of slots.
Overall both are very fun jobs, i would say, take both of them up to 37(might as well go to 41 with east ron pt [s]) and stay with what kept you hooked longer.

Or flip a coin!
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-04-10 11:20:06  
As an average DRK64, I will say that DRK is a fun job to play.

Being a Taru, you will die alot, but since your STR is lol you won't rip hate from a competent PLD.

Gear wise, I've used stuff like the Royal Squire set for the added ATT and ACC. DRK has a wider choice of gear from 25+ when you start with Republic Subligar.

As for all these OMFGWTFZERG! DRKs I've been reading about, if you are THAT emo, then go ahead and SouleaterBloodWeaponKCLub away.

Oh yeah, there is nothing more satisfying then sucking the mob's life away with DRK's variety of ABSORB spells. What can DRG do, JUMP? LMFAOOMFGTHISISNTWoW!!!
 Seraph.Blindkarma
サーバ: Seraph
By Seraph.Blindkarma 2009-04-10 11:40:31  
Def DRG. It's fun, sadly cheap, and is a better merit pt job. Besides that, you got healing breath. Seeing as your a bst you prolly wouldnt care to much to solo as drg if you absolutely had to. But i'd assume it'd be a hell of a lot funner than bst. Btw, at 75 with Saurian helm or Wyrm Armet, u can easily do Healing Breaths for 450+, the hell needz a mage when you got a goonie? Oh and you also got Angon for endgame activites, /joy.

DRK is... hmm, well, if you got the right gear you can zerg stuff???!!

Yeeaaa...
 Cerberus.Unrepentant
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Unrepentant 2009-04-10 11:41:11  
Kungfuhustle said:
OMFGWTFZERG! DRKs.... What can DRG do, JUMP? LMFAOOMFGTHISISNTWoW!!!

Spoken as someone who's never done either. As some have said, both can be fun. As for gear costs I think the basic gear is more expensive for DRK since the best "easy to obtain" body piece for DRG is Assault Jerkin and anything better is r/ex as well. As for end game I know I have to go to all god type fights as DRG for Angon but we do have DRKs that go to things not just to zerg because they can still bust out big #'s.
And unlike the quoted moron, I have both at 75 and have a least a little bit of a clue of what goes on.
 Shiva.Thedevilsson
By Shiva.Thedevilsson 2009-04-10 11:51:43  
Drg gear is real cheap pick up a scorp harness and it will last you til 72 or 75 if you don't want barone body or some of the nicer bodies. As far as Endgame stuff i have no problems with Tp or hitting HNM's or sky gods. Alot of Endgame shell would prefer drg over drk do to the fact drk uses one weaponskill and pretty much dies afterwards saw this happen to many times in kirin etc. I will say 200-300k will keep your drg gear'd all the way to 72. Main reason i lvld drg its cheap and fun.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-04-10 11:54:06  
I'd say do DRG, unless you have the xtra Gil to really pimp out drk.

Although I think DRG is probably more fun to play.
 Phoenix.Mogue
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2009-04-10 11:56:18  
Enternius said:

Not every job has the same melee% and ws% DoT. If you think SAM is going to pull hate with melee swings you have no clue how this concept applies to melee damage-dealing jobs.

DRG gets a great weaponskill at level 1. It's called Double Thrust. It outperforms any other low-level weapon skill by miles and will continue to do so until WARs get Sturmwind (and any intelligent WAR will still be spamming Shield Break). A well-geared DRG will outclass any other job in terms of overall DoT from Lv1 until the mid 50s. Anyone who understands how DoT works (>.>) knows the job simply has the most damage potential at these levels in the same way that MNK has the most damage potential at 75.

In terms of endgame, obviously DRG cannot zerg in the same class that DRK can or anything close to it, but putting together a solid DRK zerg set can take months or even years of commitment. It isn't something you should half-***.

At 75, overall DoT (read: merit and etc.) between the two jobs is very comparable and usually tilts based on quality of gear.

Finally, thanks to the hate-shedding abilities the posters above are loling about, DRG also excels in events like Dynamis (a good drg/mage can be 100% self sufficient in Dynamis), Limbus and certain god fights (hi2u JoL) where pulling hate means you're probably getting the people around you, or just yourself, killed.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-04-10 12:00:13  
To Mogue:

I'd put Tachi: Enpi up there with Double Thrust.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-10 12:03:02

DRK will frustrate you at lower levels as weapon skills aren't that great until you're 60+. DRG is much more self sufficient and has better solo capacity and a vast majority of it's gear is rare/ex which will save you alot of gil in the long run.

Imo unless you are dying to put out huge numbers and die alot or just be apart of the zerg scene, I would pick DRG. Besides you got it leveled up a good distance already.

Also, Drakesbane & Angon = <3
First Page 2 ... 8 9 10