フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Blade: To
Blade: To
First Page 2
 Ragnarok.Priestsan
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Priestsan 2011-07-10 20:58:55  
Heya everyone.

Wanted to ask if anyone here tried To with brew against a NM like azdaja (for example), wanna try to brew it with NIN but since hi > hi does darkness, cant count with the skillchain dmg which adds a lot of speed on kills (been doing smite >> smite >> light).

Been hearing To is really good but i didnt see any comment on azdaja or any hard NM for the matter or any pic with dmg so im really wondering if to go hi route or try to (and possibly waste a brew)

Atmas would be beyond/ultimate/baying moon plus MAB gear whenever i can equip it.

Thanks!
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-07-10 21:09:48  
Is there a particular reason why one wouldn't want to use Aeolian Edge in this case?
I mean, I'd assume blade:to does acceptable amounts, but I'd imagine that AE would have greater results, not to mention its ability to skillchain with itself.
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2011-07-10 21:10:57  
Ragnarok.Priestsan said:
Heya everyone.

Wanted to ask if anyone here tried To with brew against a NM like azdaja (for example), wanna try to brew it with NIN but since hi > hi does darkness, cant count with the skillchain dmg which adds a lot of speed on kills (been doing smite >> smite >> light).

Been hearing To is really good but i didnt see any comment on azdaja or any hard NM for the matter or any pic with dmg so im really wondering if to go hi route or try to (and possibly waste a brew)

Atmas would be beyond/ultimate/baying moon plus MAB gear whenever i can equip it.

Thanks!

Everytime i brew on NIN i just do Aoelian Edge. Seems to get the job done
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2011-07-10 21:12:23  
Beyond, Undying, and Smiting Blow would be better.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-10 21:14:11  
If you were to use an ice WS for brewing, undying would be better than baying moon, but you should be using AE :|
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-07-10 21:25:25  
It's my understanding that To isn't particularly strong as a brew WS unless you're a THF using SA/TA, am I wrong?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-07-10 21:29:55  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
It's my understanding that To isn't particularly strong as a brew WS unless you're a THF using SA/TA, am I wrong?
Why do I have the feeling that there is something wrong with this post? o.ob

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
you should be using AE :|

Pretty much!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-07-10 21:35:09  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
I didn't know it stacked with SATA, are you sure?
I may be getting it confused with a different WS, I just remember some people I know one-shotting various NMs with what otherwise appeared to be lackluster weaponskills. I know Kagero works like that.

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-10 21:40:35  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
I didn't know it stacked with SATA, are you sure?
I may be getting it confused with a different WS, I just remember some people I know one-shotting various NMs with what otherwise appeared to be lackluster weaponskills. I know Kagero works like that.
Was under the impression that only GK elemental WS's stacked with SA, due to physical properties on the first hit.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-07-10 21:41:56  
Maybe it's Blade: Chi
By xenomasterkenshin 2011-07-10 21:44:34  
We did try AE and numbers were on the 8-9k range, lower than smite spam (2 each pop tho but the undead in the area makes brew holding a pain sometimes).

Gonna try Hi tomorrow and see how it goes, btw brewer for AE used gales/beyond/baying moon (no ultimate) for those numbers i put earlier.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2011-07-10 21:47:13  
Chi and To are also hybrid physical/magic weaponskills (and well Teki too, but who uses Teki) so yes they'll stack with SATA.

It's pretty much Jinpu for nin, if you get a triple on it you can see some pretty big numbers but it's averages can be so so depending on what you're fighting.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2011-07-10 21:56:24  
I thought SATA wasn't that effective brewed because of the way the SATA dmg is added on, can't really recall that well though since normally it's not even worth bothering to use the time to line up.

I see 2 problems with that anyways, 1, you can't tell how much dmg you're doing past the visible cap, and 2, you've got to find the right combo of NM with lots of hp but no natural MDB, rather rare in abyssea.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-07-10 21:58:34  
Fenrir.Tarowyn said:
I thought SATA wasn't that effective brewed because of the way the SATA dmg is added on, can't really recall that well though since normally it's not even worth bothering to use the time to line up.

I see 2 problems with that anyways, 1, you can't tell how much dmg you're doing past the visible cap, and 2, you've got to find the right combo of NM with lots of hp but no natural MDB, rather rare in abyssea.
It actually works out favorably in the case of To because To's fTP is below 1.0. The 999 base damage from DEX/AGI isn't affected. That's why I was guessing it's only especially good with SATA; THF gets significantly higher base damage, the DEX/AGI enhancement from AF1+1 or AF3+2 gloves, and force crit.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-07-10 22:08:41  
fwiw just went out and confirmed that it stacks with sata
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-07-10 22:11:27  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

It actually works out favorably in the case of To because To's fTP is below 1.0. The 999 base damage from DEX/AGI isn't affected. That's why I was guessing it's only especially good with SATA; THF gets significantly higher base damage, the DEX/AGI enhancement from AF1+1 or AF3+2 gloves, and force crit.

Ah, I see where you're going.
Your original post made me wtf because I felt there was something terribly wrong but I simply couldn't figure it out.

(sorta like this)
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2011-07-10 22:12:04  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Fenrir.Tarowyn said:
I thought SATA wasn't that effective brewed because of the way the SATA dmg is added on, can't really recall that well though since normally it's not even worth bothering to use the time to line up. I see 2 problems with that anyways, 1, you can't tell how much dmg you're doing past the visible cap, and 2, you've got to find the right combo of NM with lots of hp but no natural MDB, rather rare in abyssea.
I think I had this conversation with you elsewhere too, but To is not a .5 FTP like it says on wiki, it's most likely a really bad old interpretation of the info on Gobli.

As for SATA, I though I recall someone testing at some point and essentially SATA would just add that amount of extra dmg at the end of the ws. Dunno how it would work with the whole hybrid thing. If Jinpu's also better as THF than SAM I imagine To would be the same as silly as it may seem, hehe. It still seems annoying to have to line up though.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-07-10 22:20:33  
Fenrir.Tarowyn said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Fenrir.Tarowyn said:
I thought SATA wasn't that effective brewed because of the way the SATA dmg is added on, can't really recall that well though since normally it's not even worth bothering to use the time to line up. I see 2 problems with that anyways, 1, you can't tell how much dmg you're doing past the visible cap, and 2, you've got to find the right combo of NM with lots of hp but no natural MDB, rather rare in abyssea.
I think I had this conversation with you elsewhere too, but To is not a .5 FTP like it says on wiki, it's most likely a really bad old interpretation of the info on Gobli.

As for SATA, I though I recall someone testing at some point and essentially SATA would just add that amount of extra dmg at the end of the ws. Dunno how it would work with the whole hybrid thing. If Jinpu's also better as THF than SAM I imagine To would be the same as silly as it may seem, hehe. It still seems annoying to have to line up though.
I'm pretty sure it's just outside the fTP term, but still before pDIF, MAB, WSDMG+, etc. Somebody more familiar with THF mechanics might know for sure how it interacts with MAB. As for To, I only did two weaponskills but 0.5 was within bounds so I'm not inclined to rule it out as an accurate value. It's definitely below 1.0.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2011-07-10 22:28:40  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Fenrir.Tarowyn said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Fenrir.Tarowyn said:
I think I had this conversation with you elsewhere too, but To is not a .5 FTP like it says on wiki, it's most likely a really bad old interpretation of the info on Gobli. As for SATA, I though I recall someone testing at some point and essentially SATA would just add that amount of extra dmg at the end of the ws. Dunno how it would work with the whole hybrid thing. If Jinpu's also better as THF than SAM I imagine To would be the same as silly as it may seem, hehe. It still seems annoying to have to line up though.
I'm pretty sure it's just outside the fTP term, but still before pDIF, MAB, WSDMG+, etc. Somebody more familiar with THF mechanics might know for sure how it interacts with MAB. As for To, I only did two weaponskills but 0.5 was within bounds so I'm not inclined to rule it out as an accurate value. It's definitely below 1.0.
Being outside of FTP means it'll at most just add 3000 (*.15) each though right? It's not that small but it's not exactly super huge either. I guess it depends whether it gets added into the dmg for calculating the magic portion.

As for To, I dunno, what were you testing on? Personal experience tells me no way in hell it's .5 and the numbers on wiki perfectly match the magic bonus dmg numbers you see on gobli. Though I do rarely do single hit To's, so maybe the first hit is just weaker...
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-07-10 22:36:33  
Fenrir.Tarowyn said:
Being outside of FTP means it'll at most just add 3000 (*.15) each though right? It's not that small but it's not exactly super huge either. I guess it depends whether it gets added into the dmg for calculating the magic portion.
I'm not 100% sure on how this works, but if it affects the magic part of the weaponskill then you'd see a much, much larger increase in damage.

Quote:
As for To, I dunno, what were you testing on? Personal experience tells me no way in hell it's .5 and the numbers on wiki perfectly match the magic bonus dmg numbers you see on gobli. Though I do rarely do single hit To's, so maybe the first hit is just weaker...
Level 0 mobs outside Saruta. 111 base damage including capped fINT, non-SA hit for 99 and the SA'd WS landed for 146. No MAB gear.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2011-07-10 22:45:03  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Fenrir.Tarowyn said:
I'm not 100% sure on how this works, but if it affects the magic part of the weaponskill then you'd see a much, much larger increase in damage.
Quote:
Level 0 mobs outside Saruta. 111 base damage including capped fINT, non-SA hit for 99 and the SA'd WS landed for 146. No MAB gear.
Hmmm, that is quite low. You do still get offhand hit which helps some, but that makes it a bit weaker than jinpu without any DA/TA procs. Side note, MAB probably shouldn't matter since you're killing it with the physical part anyways and don't think fINT applies to it but trying to test that is like, kill me now.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2011-07-10 22:46:58  
Btw if you're still out there and not to busy, could you do a chi on a bunny for me real quick? lol Just curious if it's also lower or not.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-07-10 22:47:32  
Just covering my bases since I don't know exactly how the WS works.

Not in town right now but I can do that in a little bit.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2011-07-10 22:53:57  
Yeah, no hurry, was more of a curiosity than anything. Does explain why To would only seem to cap out at around or just a little over Retsu.

Btw, the way Gobli describes hybrid's to be is, you have the phsyical part of the WS which acts like any normal WS. You then get a % of that dmg added on as magic dmg which gets all the rules of magic dmg applied to it (MAB, resists, etc...) He never posted the actual test results for those since that data is like... ooooooooooold though.

The theory I've run into on here is that for like Jinpu, it's actually one physical and one magic hit but I don't personally buy that based on experience which the dmg of enpi vs jinpu, retsu vs chi, etc... Would probably need some more in depth testing to be able to say for sure though.

Edit: I wonder if Goten and Kagero have lowered ftp's too and that's why they suck balls so badly...
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-10 23:05:28  
Fenrir.Tarowyn said:
Yeah, no hurry, was more of a curiosity than anything. Does explain why To would only seem to cap out at around or just a little over Retsu.

Btw, the way Gobli describes hybrid's to be is, you have the phsyical part of the WS which acts like any normal WS. You then get a % of that dmg added on as magic dmg which gets all the rules of magic dmg applied to it (MAB, resists, etc...) He never posted the actual test results for those since that data is like... ooooooooooold though.

The theory I've run into on here is that for like Jinpu, it's actually one physical and one magic hit but I don't personally buy that based on experience which the dmg of enpi vs jinpu, retsu vs chi, etc... Would probably need some more in depth testing to be able to say for sure though.

Edit: I wonder if Goten and Kagero have lowered ftp's too and that's why they suck balls so badly...
Nah, that's just SAM in general.
First Page 2