users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Fairy » Dynamis Calendar
Dynamis Calendar
 Ramuh.Haseyo
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-05-22 09:52:53  
I like the excitement of "Comon we have to enter before they do! Hurry!" thing. :o
 Diabolos.Cassi
サーバ: Diabolos
user:
By Diabolos.Cassi 2009-05-22 10:34:37
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Yeah, then you have the civil people /random, both LS leaders, then losing team just goes, '*** you, we're in.' hahahahaa
 Fairy.Tbest
サーバ: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-01 16:19:54  
<.< You two are silly.

FFXI Dynamis Calendar

Btw... Updating this with a bit of news. Want to announce that one of the three linkshells that continued to exclusively use ShadowRealms' forum calendar has begun to use FFXI Dynamis Calendar.

Thanks again, Smokari and his shell SmokenKings.
 Carbuncle.Sterling
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2009-06-01 16:51:40  
Oh and by the way, FFXI Dynamis Calendar.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-12 09:34:03  
*Nods.* Yes, in case you hadn't heard...

FFXI Dynamis Calendar
 Fairy.Lutia
user: Lutia
By Fairy.Lutia 2009-07-03 03:40:13  
Hi, since there was some lulzy drama at Xarc on wednesday, again: We're not using it.

And since you want a reason: You reserve dynamis zones on an external calendar - First come first serve. Shells plan ahead for months and take zones, thx. We just go to the zone and claim it - First come first serve. It's the same thing - you can't force us to plan ahead, we never do.

Are you gonna make a NM claim calendar, where you have to sign up to be allowed to claim Valkurm Emperor? Great idea, people could finally plan ahead and stop wasting their time. /facedesk
By Fairy.Mystaticromance 2009-07-06 23:53:14  
I don't think the relation you assume is even close to correct. It's not even close to the same thing. This is a way to conveniently organize with other linkshells instead of creating another reason to hate someone. The calendar's purpose is to eliminate these run-ins. Yes, people plan dynamis a long way in advance. Most businesses plan things years in advance, this is no different. Yes, FFXI is not Real Life, however many things are run similar. We recently had Radiance snipe our Dynamis-Xarcabard. The worst part was that they acknowledged that they checked the calendar and the continued to gather and take it anyway.

No one makes other LS's use the calendar, but in my personal opinion it alleviates headaches.
[+]
 Titan.Ojofer
サーバ: Titan
user: cmondry
By Titan.Ojofer 2009-07-07 03:00:13  
I think using the Calendar is great, total morons like to jump ahead of others just to be &$$#@1*$ making game play a lot more frustrating than needed. "First come, First serve" should not be a motto with Dynamis especially when it comes to the fact that dyna isn't an instance event. Do everyone a favor and wait your turn, don't bump others because you don't have a sense of organization. If you can't grasp the concept then you should just go find something else to do.
[+]
 Fairy.Lutia
user: Lutia
By Fairy.Lutia 2009-07-08 09:06:44  
"First come first serve" goes very well with "wait for your turn". Also, "just go find something else to do" works very well, since there are a total of 10 dynamis zones which you could go to if one is taken.

As said before, we are not planning our runs in advance and take what is available at the time we are gathering. If someone "snipes" us during gather, we go somewhere else. Empty care cup is empty.

If this gives you a "headache", maybe you should consider blaming SE for making Dynamis non-instanced.
 Fairy.Sukasaroth
By Fairy.Sukasaroth 2009-07-08 09:15:17  
Ojofer said:
I think using the Calendar is great, total morons like to jump ahead of others just to be &$$#@1*$ making game play a lot more frustrating than needed. "First come, First serve" should not be a motto with Dynamis especially when it comes to the fact that dyna isn't an instance event. Do everyone a favor and wait your turn, don't bump others because you don't have a sense of organization. If you can't grasp the concept then you should just go find something else to do.

i think Wakka sucks.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-08 09:32:08  
*Shrugs.* Suit yourselves. Like the saying goes...

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

I can show you a good way of letting other shells know your intentions, but I can't make you use it. So you had ONE bad experience with someone that refused to abide by the calendar, big deal.
Our shell has had Burnout's shell ADC enter ahead of ours countless times, that doesn't mean that I'm going to stop using it though. If you run on a night when any other shells run, not using the calendar will only hurt you in the long run.
Others will see that no shells intend to do a zone such as Xarc/Beauc/etc. and schedule that run, then when you go to 'take what is left', you'll get stuck with the leftovers no one wants.
It's kind of like being the last in line at the end of a night for a buffet.

Good luck with your future Dynamis endeavors though. =)
 Fairy.Sukasaroth
By Fairy.Sukasaroth 2009-07-08 09:36:34  
holy ***you didnt post a link to the calendar in that post at all.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-23 11:10:16  
Just for you, Sukasaroth.

FFXI Dynamis Calendar