Orison Locket Is Useful?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Orison Locket is useful?
Orison Locket is useful?
First Page 2 3
 Valefor.Mithano
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2011-07-03 14:33:43  
Ok, I guess I'm being dumb, but I just don't see the usefulness of this piece. Not to say it's a bad one, but it feels like there's better choices.

At least if I am up with the other gear, it's only going to be useful for casting long cast time, non-cure spells ... meh? If you're going to go all out and have the best possible setup for casting haste and regen ... but hardly seems even worth the inventory slot.
 Bismarck.Nevill
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2011-07-03 14:35:07  
Good for Precast set when using spellcast.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-07-03 14:35:11  
Devotion if you don't have a Bloodbead Gorget?
 Cerberus.Vaness
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-07-03 14:36:40  
Cure spellcasting set would like a word with you.
So is regen, haste, poisona (ect)....
HP is good for devotion if you dont wanna camp tetra <.<

But forget it, it's very useless! ;D

NINJA EDIT: fastcast isnt ONLY fast cast, also cuts half of your recast a bit like haste. EX: loquacious give 5% fastcast and 2.5% recast.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-03 14:38:41  
Utsusemi. Any buffs such as stoneskin, blink, etc. It's got a lot more use than people are giving credit for.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-03 14:39:17  
Cerberus.Vaness said:

NINJA EDIT: fastcast isnt ONLY fast cast, also cuts half of your recast a bit like haste. EX: loquacious give 5% fastcast and 2.5% recast.
Loquacious doesn't give that much. More like 2%/1% I think.
[+]
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2011-07-03 14:39:20  
Fast cures = live DD's

It's a decent option for neck also in your max mp build.
Not that slackers bother with a max mp build much anymore.
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-07-03 14:41:01  
Cerberus.Vaness said:

I thought Loq only gave 2% FC.

beaten. =/
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-07-03 14:44:39  
Of course it's useful... What other precast options do you have for that slot lol? You don't need spellcast to use it. If you don't have macro space, equip it as your idle neck piece, then when you make your cure macro, equip your cure gear after the spell and not before. Or, considering how easy it is to cap cure potency, keep it on full time for the -recast too.
[+]
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-07-03 14:46:51  
Ramuh.Austar said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:

Loquacious doesn't give that much. More like 2%/1% I think.
Yeah I messed up with the actual neck -_- one of those blond moment you regret because all everyone will see is the small error ;p
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-03 14:52:23  
Just get it, 100% drop rate, if you don't like it, chunk it in the porter moogle.
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-03 14:58:23  
Precast piece for all spells except Bar, I don't see how that could possibly be any more straight-forward, I mean honestly.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-07-03 15:13:30  
Aceso's choker is better for cure precast, Orison Locket for all other spells with a long enough cast time to make sure you don't end up casting it in precast gear.

While it's not strictly NEEDED neither is any gear at all... so take it if you think it would be useful and if not save your space. But I personally love fastcast.
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-07-03 15:16:25  
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Precast piece for all spells except Bar, I don't see how that could possibly be any more straight-forward, I mean honestly.

this pretty much sums everything up.

I use Orison Locket for all my precasts as well don't feel the need for Aceso's Choker
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-07-03 16:02:46  
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
Aceso's choker is better for cure precast, Orison Locket for all other spells with a long enough cast time to make sure you don't end up casting it in precast gear.

While it's not strictly NEEDED neither is any gear at all... so take it if you think it would be useful and if not save your space. But I personally love fastcast.
Not sure, but did they up the -cure spellcasting time cap? Assuming 20% from merits, 12% from af3+2 pants, 4% from Incantor Stone/Loq Earring, 10% Light Arts and 5% from Orison Locket would put you at 51%. 51% without buying Choker or Clogs.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2011-07-03 16:04:14  
Total casting time cap is believed to be 80% as of the last major update. You will cure too fast to swap into midcast gear with enough cure cast/fast cast gear now.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-03 16:04:15  
Leviathan.Alkalinejoe said:
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:

Not sure, but did they up the -cure spellcasting time cap? Assuming 20% from merits, 12% from af3+2 pants, 4% from Incantor Stone/Loq Earring, 10% Light Arts and 5% from Orison Locket would put you at 51%. 51% without buying Choker or Clogs.
Most don't merit cure cast time.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-03 16:06:14  
Ramuh.Austar said:
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:

Because Regen Merits are so much more important? :|
[+]
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2011-07-03 16:07:02  
There is no reason to not merit cure cast time anymore. (I would have still advocated it for /blm and such before update though) Increased fast cast cap.
[+]
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-07-03 16:09:51  
Phoenix.Dramatica said:
Total casting time cap is believed to be 80% as of the last major update. You will cure too fast to swap into midcast gear with enough cure cast/fast cast gear now.
Ramuh.Austar said:
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:

Really? Most WHMs I've met/read on the forums merit Casting Time, I mean, there isn't much else to merit. I already 5/5'd Bar Effect and Regens aren't that effective in Abyssea and I've never been in a situation where I needed one outside either.

Phoenix.Dramatica said:
That's pretty insane. D: Can't you still adjust the value of midcast for spellcast so it swaps quicker? I'm still new to spellcast but I thought that was possible.

Totally unrelated, but can you have 1 second songs now with BRD and 80% -song casting time and Nightingale? :P
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-03 16:10:41  
Phoenix.Dramatica said:
I'm pretty sure you can pre-determine when you want your midcast to be set if you input a command in spellcast.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-03 16:12:41  
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:

Because Regen Merits are so much more important? :|
Yeah, if you do anything outside abyssea. Neither are terribly useful or needed inside.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2011-07-03 16:12:59  
Well it's pretty much instant, but would love a work around if you know one. (casting as fast as barspells if i remember right)
 Shiva.Msthief
サーバ: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-07-03 16:15:04  
Edit, beaten.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-03 16:17:29  
Phoenix.Dramatica said:
Well it's pretty much instant, but would love a work around if you know one. (casting as fast as barspells if i remember right)

I believe this should do it:
Code
<action type="MidcastDelay" delay=".2" />

Putting that after your precast command in spells and before your midcast command. Doesn't have to be .2 though, can be changed to the appropriate time.
[+]
 Shiva.Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-07-03 16:26:01  
Bahamut.Aeronis said:

Code

Putting that after your precast command in spells and before your midcast command. Doesn't have to be .2 though, can be changed to the appropriate time.

1. Will this permanently change your MidcastDelay, or just for that one spell in the one rule?

2. I know that with utsu cancelling you can set your midcastdelay to be so early that it won't even proc. Since you mentioned it, .2 is a safe value for all cures?
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-03 16:28:19  
Shiva.Msthief said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:

Code

1. Will this permanently change your MidcastDelay, or just for that one spell in the one rule?

2. I know that with utsu cancelling you can set your midcastdelay to be so early that it won't even proc. Since you mentioned it, .2 is a safe value for all cures?
It's meant to be put specifically in your Cure set, although you can do this for other spells. It'll only affect the rule you put it in. And I have no clue for #2, this was just something I pulled from another one of my spellcasts, test it yourself and find the appropriate time you need. It can be adjusted.
 Shiva.Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-07-03 16:34:42  
Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it. I wasn't sure that they officially increased the cap on cure casting time as well, it's nice to make good use out of an aceso's.
 Shiva.Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-07-03 16:52:19  
With -76%, native midcastdelay kicks in for c5&6.
 Cerberus.Quipto
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2011-07-03 17:06:50  
Ramuh.Austar said:
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:

Really now?
[+]
First Page 2 3