users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » sirona's ring vs aquasoul
sirona's ring vs aquasoul
 Valefor.Lisamarie
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Kej
By Valefor.Lisamarie 2011-06-14 16:31:33  
So lately I've been seeing a lot of WHMs using Sirona's Ring paired with Aquasoul or Neptune's ring.. How does it compare to two Aquasoul or two Neptune's ring for cures? I'm getting ready to upgrade from two star rings (don't use hMP setup anymore so I'll just satchel them) so I'm wanting to know my options.

Thanks!
 Bismarck.Nevill
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2011-06-14 16:32:51  
imo, aquasoul for cures, sirona for cursna.
 Lakshmi.Galith
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2011-06-14 16:40:04  
Neither will make a huge difference but Mnd adds more to cures than healing skill. This is of course discussing one ring adds 8 hp to cure while the other adds like 10.

http://members.shaw.ca/pizza_steve/cure/Cure_Calculator.html

there is an old cure calculator does anyone have one updated for c6?
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-06-14 17:06:15  
I believe the Sirona's ring is better than a 6 MND ring, but inferior to a 7 MND ring.

So it's good if you don't feel like splashing out 600k for a slightly superior ring. It's not that much better.
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-06-14 17:44:10  
iirc Sirona's Ring equals 6 MND equivalency

MND7 will beat it.
 Shiva.Msthief
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-06-14 17:59:45  
1 Mind = 3 Vit = 5 Healing magic. Sirona's gives 3 mnd, 3 vit, 10 healing. 3 + 1 + 2 = 6 mind. Curing amount is flat, you don't get more or less for stacking one of these stats or the other. So if you're talking cure amount only, Sirona's is equal to a 6 mnd ring.

It comes down to what you want to get out of it as a secondary use. 6 mnd ring will give you better mnd-based enfeebles since mind has a direct connection to potency on stuff like slow. Sirona's will make your cursna better but let's face it, trying to cursna doom is ALWAYS roll of the dice. I'd say 6 mind has more uses, but it really doesn't matter.

Edit: Obviously aquasoul wins. If you're a career Whm (or Rdm but for another reason) you should have the 7 mnd, if not who cares.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-06-14 22:18:24  
It just doesn't matter lol.
 Leviathan.Niniann
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-06-14 22:31:19  
If you're buying MND rings do it with the intention of having it for Slow/Paralyze, not for cures. It's such a small difference for cures... plus Sirona's is cheap and you can use your gil more efficiently elsewhere.
[+]