フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » +250 DEX
+250 DEX
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Wojo
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-05-24 02:17:23  
Just got Savior tonight, brings me to 250+ dex. Too bad crit rate from dDEX is capped...

Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-05-24 02:52:08  
I've been curious about this... does "Enhances all status effects" extend to things such as haste, protect, shell etc... I see on wiki people saying it doesnt boost attack or defence but there is no comment on if they are buffed or not and the + to your attributes could be because curor buffs count as status effects.
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2011-05-24 03:50:26  
thats a hell of a sneak attack on THF tho.
[+]
 Cerberus.Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-05-24 10:15:16  
I had to go to bed, since it was late last night when I got this atma. I will play around with it in the next few days and report back. I intend to test it on GNAT NMs that used to irritate the *CRAP* out of me.

Also I am wondering if this replaces Einherjar for the "Resist Death: Superior."

SE really dropped the ball on Torero Torque, making it look exactly like Evasion Torque.
By Inuyasha 2011-05-24 10:22:15  
that is a sick sounding atma....

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kaht
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2011-05-24 11:19:01  
So that's why you wanted to join us for Fuath and Teug's atmas the other day :)

Congrats on the new atma! How long did it actively take you to finish it?
 Cerberus.Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-05-24 11:38:06  
So actively it took me maybe a week to get. The fame/quests part you just gotta pace yourself and knock out one zone at a time, don't let yourself get held back - move on and come back.

Haha, I was just thinking about you guys last night.... I was thinking what what is the hardest atma to get and what is keeping the rest of my LS from getting Savior in the short term.... And I thought, it was Fuath. I just happened to be running fame quests in Grauberg when a really nice linkshell let me join for Atma. So let me take this opportunity to thank you again. It means this much :)

The T3's in Attohwa, Altep, Grauberg and Ulegurand were my last atmas to get pretty much. Everything else I got from my linkshell. We had a GREAT run on friday where we finished and Pantokrator Isgebind, etc. Thanks to Denaub for donating his T3 in Attohwa.

As a Ninja, I use RR / Apoc as my standard two. The 3rd atma has usually ended up being VV for faster RED procs and a boost to my blade JIN's (lolninja doesnt have blade:Hi yet, mainly cuz i was working on getting Savior)... But I havent had a chance to really try Savior out... I mainly think it will be incredible for tanking harder NMs where the absorb and reistance will help. As far as damage goes, the +30 to STR/DEX/AGI cant hurt i suppose. So would either go GH/RR/Savior or Savior/RR/Apoc as my default setup.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-05-24 11:51:24  
I agree 100%, tbh. I just mentioned it because people on the NINja forums love GH, they LOVE IT!

Sorry, I'm not a big fan of gnarled horn. RR/Apoc/Savior will probably be standard depending how effective it is. Even with Blade: Hi, i cant imagine the extra +20 agi from using GH over Savior would be worth it...
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-24 11:52:45  
Because critrate +20%. Also free evasion is nice.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2011-05-24 11:55:38  
It would be situational like everything... if you are fighting something with lots of statis effect giving abilitys it would let your mages focus more on DD then keeping you not debuffed... As for only 20 less agl from GH don't forget the +30(?)% crit rate bonus as well which could have a pritty big impact on your damage during tp (which should be just as much, more often then not more then ws damage).
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-24 11:57:02  
lol
[+]
 Cerberus.Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-05-24 12:01:22  
Asura.Ina said:
It would be situational like everything... if you are fighting something with lots of statis effect giving abilitys it would let your mages focus more on DD then keeping you not debuffed... As for only 20 less agl from GH don't forget the +30(?)% crit rate bonus as well which could have a pritty big impact on your damage during tp (which should be just as much, more often then not more then ws damage).

I agree it is situational. Gnarled horn is +20% crit and if i'm going DD build, I throw up Innin and let our 90 spherai MONK tank it, and now i'm swinging like a mofo with 100% critical hit rate. Yes, Innin is that good, i use it every chance i get LOL. Cablemonkey gunna be pissed at me for probably misspelling his relic...
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-05-24 12:14:57  
RR/GH/Apoc destroys RR/Apoc/Savior lol, it's not even close. People have had this atma for a long time now. All it does is add +30 to all stats and add some resistance to debuffs, which I've heard is quite low. If you think +30 to stats is better than +20% crit rate and +50 agi then you're horribly mistaken, especially for NIN. If you're using innin on NMs and they're not turning to face you then you're doing it wrong, even with innin's -enmity.

I could see savior having some use for BLUs without Almace, but overall it's a fairly useless atma unfortunately.
[+]
 Cerberus.Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-05-24 12:17:22  
told you they love it.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-05-24 12:38:22  
Hey dont get me wrong, I like to see consistency. I dont use a parser anymore so I dont notice a huge difference in the 20% crit and I never need to use ichi on most mobs so the evasion is sorta wasted. If i had Blade:hi , I see the benefit of having UBER AGI.

I even got the Uzura +2 (+100 TP) to see if that bonus helped the crit rate of JIN, which it infact doesn't do ***. People think that getting crits on JIN is where you see huge spikes in damage. But really it comes from triple attack procing on the WS - (and i'm not forgetting the crits).

So for everything that I do, I find that I almost never use gnarled horn. To be fair, GH is awesome against mandy's.

I can justify using VV RR Apoc full time on NIN since the double attack is fantastic. But, hell, you could even go SS RR Apoc. Theres something for everyone and I'm not going to cater to one mindset over another.

It would be nice if someone with the atma of the savior could chime in and say hey, "this atma sucks because of X Y Z" or "this atma is great cuz of A B C", I havent had the time to put the atma through the paces yet so this is all just speculation. Thank you for your ideas guys.
[+]
 Fenrir.Curty
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2011-05-24 12:57:39  
Cerberus.Wojo said:
It would be nice if someone with the atma of the savior could chime in and say hey, "this atma sucks because of X Y Z" or "this atma is great cuz of A B C", I havent had the time to put the atma through the paces yet so this is all just speculation.

This atma sucks because it does not add SA, TA, QA, crit hit dmg, crit hit %, or regain. Many better options that do that.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-05-24 13:59:06  
i don't like it not even good for pet jobs, i tho it gave elemental resistances but it does not, congrats on the atma anyways ! i like people that take the time for success
By DuzellLevi 2011-05-24 14:19:43  
Savior is great for killing your own party on monsters that charm, with the extra resist sleep it makes it hard for players to land it on you as you try to kill them >:D
[+]
 Cerberus.Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-05-24 14:35:47  
I never had an osode or haubergeon, was too hard to get lol. I'm ok with sucking as long as I've having fun doing it. And NOTHING sounds funner than killing my alliance while charmed. Last time that happend, I took a torcleaver to the head. My linkshell jumps at the chance to beat the crap out of me.

Thank you.
[+]
 Cerberus.Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-05-24 14:38:25  
Phoenix.Deboro said:
If you dont have Hi, then use VV over savior and your jin's will go out the roof compared to Savior. 50str 10DA 50 ( ? ) att. Beats 30 all stats.

How does a WS with 30% modifier on STR and DEX get more benefit from +50 STR over +30 STR & +30 DEX. According to my math thats an overall boost of +60 to a 30% stat modifier. Are you taking into consideration the 10% Double attack? Its an honest question.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-05-24 14:46:13  
VV doesn't offer 10% DA or 50ATK.

+50STR, +5% DA, +2/tic regain

Any attack you gain is from STR, +25ATK for a one handed weapon.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2011-05-24 15:01:10  
Cerberus.Wojo said:
Phoenix.Deboro said:
If you dont have Hi, then use VV over savior and your jin's will go out the roof compared to Savior. 50str 10DA 50 ( ? ) att. Beats 30 all stats.
How does a WS with 30% modifier on STR and DEX get more benefit from +50 STR over +30 STR & +30 DEX. According to my math thats an overall boost of +60 to a 30% stat modifier. Are you taking into consideration the 10% Double attack? Its an honest question.

There is a point where you start getting lesser returns for stat base mods on physical WS... this is why when you use a physical WS when brewing the damage does not increace very much. RR adds more because of the DA and regain rather then the actual stat mods which pritty much cap out or come close to as a result of decent WS gear and cruor buffs.
 Cerberus.Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-05-24 15:28:38  
I just noticed, I got a title for that.
 Cerberus.Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-05-31 16:41:24  
Reminder, I do not have blade: Hi.

After testing this atma out for a week or so, I am happy to report that the absorption is great, the status effect resistance is there but less noticeable. The +30 stats doesn't make a noticeable difference, but like cruor buffs, maybe you dont notice them till they gone.

I have had the Resist! message show up quite often and its always nice to see that my whms dont need to remove a slow / para / curse as much. Additionally the resistance adds a significant advantage to enemies (like gnats) that have an added effect to their normal attacks.

The 10%~ Absorb is freaking great though. It can proc on ANY kind of attacks/spells including spikes and throat stab moves that Migawari cannot block.

As far as killing regular mobs, there is a noticeable reduction in my TP and damage output by not having VV, for example on. So at this point, if you are killing some rough NMs on a lowman setup, I would say give Apoc/RR/Savior a shot. Regular mob farming, you should use seomething else.

On a side note, I did fight a Sobek using Savior/Einherjar/RR. Death never landed on me but I had a hard time keeping hate because Apoc is just so good. I would like to try Savior/RR/Apoc on Sobek and see how often Death lands. As of now Savior doesnt do ***to save me from Tefenet's death move. So atm, I cannot say that Savior replaces Einherjar.

In Conclusion, there are atmas for different situations:

1) if you want to proc reds, you should use VV or plaguebringer
2) if you want to deal damage you should use SS or GH
3) if you to increase survivability, use Savior or Future Fabulous
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-05-31 16:51:19  
The death isn't incredibly common to begin with, you should be ok with just one resist death atma. Worse comes to worse, you can sidestep that ***.
First Page 2