WHM DD?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » WHM DD?
WHM DD?
First Page 2 3 4
By Tebernok66 2011-05-23 21:19:27  
Im leveling WHM and i just wanna know what ppl think about a dd whm. is it feasible? is it fun? whats the gear set up?
 Carbuncle.Kyofooyo
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Kyofooyo
By Carbuncle.Kyofooyo 2011-05-23 21:22:24  
it's possible for a WHM to melee, but to DD? there's no way it could ever parse up with real DD's
 Remora.Dodu
サーバ: Remora
user: Tsuko
By Remora.Dodu 2011-05-23 21:27:17  
That depends where we're talking about. IIRC, Hexa Strike is the most powerful non-Empyrean WS in Abyssea, and clubs in general aren't terrible weapons. Their ease in hitting 26% haste while wearing Royal Redingote for additional DW is also a pretty fair advantage.

Any WHM that puts real effort into DD equipment should absolutely demolish any run of the mill pickup DD, and be pretty competitive with a significant portion of good, non-Empyrean DD.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-23 21:28:55  
Feasible? Very, until Abyssea exists as major source of activities.

Fun? Nothing like Hexa striking a bunch of mobs after being stuck in the backlines for so long, worrying about keeping everyone else alive and well. Of course the fact we live now in the era of Abyssea means you'll not necessarily experience the excruciating pain of grinding levels staying still and spamming cures, haste etc

Gear setups depend greatly on how much effort you put into them. If you were to give it all you got and aim for the top, this would be it, more less:

and it would turn you into a God of War.
[+]
 Leviathan.Purplestuf
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Purplestuf 2011-05-23 21:29:18  
not alot of gear available to use, but its fun. I just started playing again and have started to explore WHM DD. If you want to, expect people to heal in parties =p.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-05-23 21:35:24  
i would probably tp in the resilient

edit: and drop the brutal
[+]
 Remora.Dodu
By Remora.Dodu 2011-05-23 21:36:15  
Healing and DDing simultaneously is still easy in parties. RR/GH/MM while keep your damage and MP relatively high. I suppose you could Mystic Boon things if necessary, but I can't imagine giving up an offensive atma would lower your damage as much as giving sacrificing a Hexa for a Boon would.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-23 21:38:31  
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/18712/making-hexa-better/9/

Here is the topic of epicness. You can learn from it, Hexa with it, live by it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-05-23 21:42:59  
If you're looking for even more information on the subject might I suggest skimming through http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/42449-WHM-Melee-random-crap/page32
This is pretty up to date on most things whm melee
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
サーバ: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2011-05-25 11:48:08  
I'm a little confused by the OP's question. It's like asking if a Dodge Neon can go fast.

WHM can DD, but why? If you're doing it just to be different, then who cares how good it is, as long as you try to do your best? If you're doing it to do real damage, then you're sorely misled. It won't come close to a real DD job except in Abyssea, where any job can DD and it simply becomes a question of whether you can afford to divert your attention from healing.

I'd encourage you to have some fun and DD from time to time in meaningless events, like Abyssea farming or Campaign. However, I would discourage you from thinking you can contribute meaningfully to a group as a WHM DD. You're far more useful to them as a healer. If you want to DD, you should be leveling a different job.

P.S. Wolfshadow I could stare at your avatar all day long...
[+]
 Fenrir.Camaroz
サーバ: Fenrir
user: camaroz
By Fenrir.Camaroz 2011-05-25 12:02:36  
Pergatory you are completely mistaken, you can ask Terminus and around on Fenrir how much I can do outside abyssea and that was at 75, I can easily main heal and dd. Maybe it is you who is misled.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-25 12:06:22  
I actually did a few Dyna runs (city runs, due to the lower level of mobs allowing me to hit them) back at 75 as Whm/Nin after Mystic boon was introduced and it was a really nice break from the traditional "stare @ Pty HP bar".

Damage from the occasional Hexas was not worth mentioning but it brought that extra feel any Pre-Aby Whm used to long for after spending weeks or even months leveling to 75, not to mention the fact that /Nin gave access to the highest Cure Potency build available at that time with the Templar Mace/Asklepios club combo!

Now the Whm/Nin is brought back with even greater ease, thanks to Atmas covering for any need of Refresh and granting High Acc and Crit Damage and the new Tefnut wand/Templar mace DW combo.
 Shiva.Aaralyn
サーバ: Shiva
user: Aaralyn
By Shiva.Aaralyn 2011-05-25 12:14:52  
I've personally never got the concept of whm dd. When it was my only job, I would "dd" on it because none of the other dd jobs appealed to me, until they came out with dancer. To me, dancer is like white mage turned inside out. It dds better than a dd whm, while still being able to cure. Though not as efficiently as a whm can cure.

The most i dd on whm now is when no one else can do the red or blue triggers for some reason. Then I just throw on haste gear, put misery and auspice up, and go at it. If I want to dd but still heal a little, I get on dnc.

Edit: stupid phone
By ryozzzzzz 2011-05-25 12:47:42  
is it fun? hell yeah.

back in the days of 75, it was awesome, and you could solo a lot of stuff, and even do decent damage, in a standard PT. though most people looked down on whms meleeing. but whit abyssea, its a total other story, whit some good atmas, RR is the main one i would say, for crit+ and crit damage+ as hexa is a crit ws, and it will help A lot. MM is also pretty important, since you will want the refresh+10 ^^; after that id say either VV, or GH.(probably AA would replace VV/GH if you have it) personally i go whm/war, whit molva club and genbu shield. im sure whm/nin would do better, but blood tanking isn't a problem as you can easily heal yourself. also zerk and aggressor is nice addition to the arsenal. and in abyssea, specially on dolls in altepa, you can, and should do as much, and most likely more than the standard DD, partly due to dolls blunt weakness, but also because hexa is awesome. dont know how people look at whm meleeing in abyssea, but i defiantly find it extremely fun.

TLDR: whm dd is awesome, do it
 Remora.Dodu
By Remora.Dodu 2011-05-25 12:54:35  
Shiva.Aaralyn said:
I've personally never got the concept of whm dd. When it was my only job, I would "dd" on it because none of the other dd jobs appealed to me, until they came out with dancer. To me, dancer is like white mage turned inside out. It dds better than a dd whm, while still being able to cure. Though not as efficiently as a whm can cure.

The most i dd on whm now is when no one else can do the red or blue triggers for some reason. Then I just throw on haste gear, put misery and auspice up, and go at it. If I want to dd but still heal a little, I get on dnc.

There's nothing to get. You can sit there twiddling your thumbs, or you can provide a significant chunk of damage by engaging. Its not a movement, its just the most productive use of one's time.
 Shiva.Aaralyn
By Shiva.Aaralyn 2011-05-25 13:08:12  
Remora.Dodu said:
Shiva.Aaralyn said:

There's nothing to get. You can sit there twiddling your thumbs, or you can provide a significant chunk of damage by engaging. Its not a movement, its just the most productive use of one's time.

I feel time would be spent better healing, as thats what whm was designed to do. Yeah, you can still heal, but not as efficiently.

To do it for fun is one thing I guess, but as far as contributing, what main dd doesn't have an emp weapon these days. Better off having a real dd, while whm cures. I always find something to do, other than twiddling my thumbs.
 Remora.Dodu
By Remora.Dodu 2011-05-25 13:13:52  
wat

If your healing and support efficiency is hindered by switching two atma and engaging, its because you're terrible, not because it conflicts with job design.

Healing is easy, supporting is easy, DDing is easy. Doing all three at once isn't any more difficult.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-25 13:15:31  
Shiva.Aaralyn said:
Remora.Dodu said:
Shiva.Aaralyn said:

I feel time would be spent better healing, as thats what whm was designed to do. Yeah, you can still heal, but not as efficiently.

To do it for fun is one thing I guess, but as far as contributing, what main dd doesn't have an emp weapon these days. Better off having a real dd, while whm cures. I always find something to do, other than twiddling my thumbs.

What's with healing efficiency? A cure is a cure. Either you get it right or not, so whether you're doing it while swinging a club or staying still in the background makes no difference.

Also, talking about Empyreans is pointless since Whms can get one too, and end up wielding the 2nd highest base damage club in the game, a considerable boost to HP/MP, a unique WS etc etc ... see where I'm going?
 Remora.Dodu
By Remora.Dodu 2011-05-25 13:18:43  
WHM's Empyrean weapon isn't really a point of reference. Its sole benefit is its base damage. Its virtually the last thing you should ever upgrade, and only while working on Mjollner.

But that's a whole lot of work for a job who's melee benefit is hardly eternal. If Abyssea ever dies out, and the atma system discontinues(or isn't drastically biased towards crit. damage), so will WHM's incentive to engage.
 Fenrir.Camaroz
By Fenrir.Camaroz 2011-05-25 13:18:57  
in abyssea its not even fair whm is broke. when i say easy i mean could close my eyes and heal and dd. efficently is doing something productive instead of standing around with 1800 + mp
 Fenrir.Camaroz
By Fenrir.Camaroz 2011-05-25 13:23:22  
also when hexa is doing 3k + with a molva maul consistently tell me how we arent contributing; and thats with a piece of junk club.
 Shiva.Aaralyn
By Shiva.Aaralyn 2011-05-25 13:44:54  
Theres outside abyssea as well.

If you're dding, it's not going to be with solace up, so you're not going to use emp body, you won't have as much mind so your cures won't be as high. Or in the case of some who prefer fast cast, you'd be missing that. But big deal in abyssea, right?

Sure that stuff isn't normally going to make or break anything in abyssea. but the cure skin, fc and mind still contribute to the efficiency of what whm was made to do. Which is not dd.
 Remora.Dodu
By Remora.Dodu 2011-05-25 13:55:22  
You've got to be trolling. Are you honestly going to sit here and claim that 10-15% FC, and something in t he neighborhood of 5 MND are going to be more beneficial to a party than engaging for a significant increase in potential damage output?

Take your "not what the job was designed for" nonsense wherever the 'tards that complain about ninjas tanking do. Your inability to adapt to changes in job dynamics is more of a hindrance than anything else.

le edit: Solace doesn't matter in EXP, but if you need it that badly, taking away Misery isn't a big deal.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-25 13:55:22  
Shiva.Aaralyn said:

If you're dding, it's not going to be with solace up, so you're not going to use emp body, you won't have as much mind so your cures won't be as high. Or in the case of some who prefer fast cast, you'd be missing that. But big deal in abyssea, right?

Sure that stuff isn't normally going to make or break anything in abyssea. but the cure skin, fc and mind still contribute to the efficiency of what whm was made to do. Which is not dd.

Fine! Enjoy the background while the rest of us go have fun :P
 Fenrir.Alexaundria
By Fenrir.Alexaundria 2011-05-25 13:57:01  
Shiva.Aaralyn said:

There's nothing wrong with DDing with Solace up, especially if someone else in your party has a samba going on and you don't need the accuracy from Misery's auspice. Outside of Abyssea, most things shouldn't be hurting you so much that you need Cure V to do 1.5k, anyway.

As for fast cast, that should be precast only. Shouldn't have it all throughout your spells.
[+]
 Fenrir.Camaroz
By Fenrir.Camaroz 2011-05-25 14:03:51  
Fenrir.Alexaundria said:
Shiva.Aaralyn said:

There's nothing wrong with DDing with Solace up, especially if someone else in your party has a samba going on and you don't need the accuracy from Misery's auspice. Outside of Abyssea, most things shouldn't be hurting you so much that you need Cure V to do 1.5k, anyway.

As for fast cast, that should be precast only. Shouldn't have it all throughout your spells.

This ^^
 Shiva.Aaralyn
By Shiva.Aaralyn 2011-05-25 14:03:54  
Odin.Sheelay said:
Shiva.Aaralyn said:

Fine! Enjoy the background while the rest of us go have fun :P

Will do! :p but I will be having fun too!
 Remora.Dodu
By Remora.Dodu 2011-05-25 14:07:10  
How about instead of deflecting with emotes, you defend or retract your terrible advice. I'd rather that anyone coming here for guidance didn't read your silly assertions and take them as credible suggestions.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-25 14:27:42  
Exp party? Sure. Nms? No thanks. I would rather a WHM focus on healing and not DDing. You wouldn't have use of a staff, lose out on decent amount of cure potency. A lot of NMs have nasty AOEs that silence etc. I wouldn't want any WHM of mine to be "DDing" NMs to speed it up, if at all.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4