users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Synergy » Levelling Synergy
Levelling Synergy
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-05-10 10:39:14  
Loooong time ago, I was looking at levelling Synergy and was told Mythril Leaves (I think that was one of the ingredients anyway) was the best way to do it.

If memory serves me right, I spent 1hr+ crafting and got 2 levels on it. Would I be better if I wanted to continue levelling Synergy to treat it as I would any other craft? (Craft within 3~8 levels of my current level)
 Diabolos.Inuyushi
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Inuyushi
By Diabolos.Inuyushi 2011-05-10 10:42:27  
This is from my experience:

You can stay within the 3~8 range if you want (what seemed like to me) faster skill ups. But if you have an apron (or can make a Stall from your guild) you can do that all the way to the cap of that synth. Stall would take you to the current cap if I understand things correctly. I would just suggest getting something that requires alot of Fewell as this will net you the most exp/synth and less time trading ingredients.

Best of luck!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [261 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2012-01-26 10:29:37  
Bump.

I finally stopped being lazy and started working on Synergy, figured I'd get some confirmation on something here.

I heard you can "spam one Fewell and purposely fail", I assume this is a means of attempting to get skill ups regardless of the balance you actually need?
 Asura.Toxleh
サーバ: Asura
user: Toxeus
By Asura.Toxleh 2012-01-26 10:33:56  
ya as long as that feywell is the same affinity as your synth, reason why ppl did/do plat nuggets because it has earth affinity in the synth. so you just haste yourself and spam earth feywell to skillup, you also get skillups from successful thwacks, so if u have a friend to make you carpenter's gloves or fisherman's cuffs that helped me when skilling up. lastly i would also spam pressure handle/safety lever 1 of the times because you can get skillups on those too.
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2012-01-26 10:39:04  
Hmm.

Atm I'm doing Selbina Earring, figured I could make use of the earring after I'm done with it. Figured afterwards, I'd do a "Cloudy Wheat Broth" until cap while I have Cooking levelled aswell.

Both are part Water synths (one is Earth/Water, the other is Water/Fire), so I'd only need to spam Water fewell only on both and I could skill up?
 Asura.Toxleh
By Asura.Toxleh 2012-01-26 10:43:07  
yeah, i dont think poison effects you that adversely that u wont skillup. so you can just spam it and not worry just dont let yourself die. and dont even bother with selby earring either, you can just spam wheat broth until your capped. you know unless you want to just complete the earring for yourself. synergy is like fishing you can skillup no matter what level you are and no matter what level the synth is.
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2012-01-26 10:45:50  
Awesome ^^ Thanks a ton! :D I'll start work on Wheat Broth now then while there's a bunch of Fire Fewell on AH and no more Water XD
 Asura.Toxleh
By Asura.Toxleh 2012-01-26 10:53:52  
that works its cheaper to use feywell, don't forget you can recharge your feywell and synergy engineer, as well as don't forget to upgrade your skills. only really need 2 skills 5/5 safety lever and 5/5 feywell feeding
[+]