フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » New Update - Critical Hit Rate and Damage Cap Inc
New Update - Critical Hit Rate and Damage Cap Inc
First Page 2 3
 Cerberus.Wojo
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-05-10 00:53:13  
I just did some quick testing, SS RR GH got about 95% crit rate which is stupid high. I"m guessing they uncapped the dex > crit rate %

Also with 43% critical damage increase in gear, SS gave me an additional 20%~

so critical hit damage cap raised from 50 for sure. going to test WS now..

UPDATE: that 43% was on Ranged attacks, its 48% on my regular attacks with the Q talthum (sorry dont have iga neck, dirty tree..). so with 48% Atma of the SS is now useful.
[+]
 Shiva.Khimaira
サーバ: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-05-10 00:57:47  
Yay! We really can have nice things!
[+]
By Nabis 2011-05-10 08:06:34  
any new info on this?
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-05-10 08:56:08  
With your gear, atma, and assuming dex cap, you should be at 82% before adding new merits that came out yesterday. A 10% stretch with a low "test" count isn't unheard of. Also, if your "quick testing" was visual and not parsed, I definitely would not jump to conclusions. Do a large test sample with a parse and I would love to hear that it holds the same results (but i do not think it will).
 Phoenix.Neosutra
サーバ: Phoenix
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-05-10 11:01:28  
Uncertain if the new best atma combination is SS/RR/GH, or still RR/GH/Apoc.. If Apoc is even close to SS (now that the cap is gone), I'll probably stick with Apoc.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-05-10 11:06:51  
i'm interested to see what the difference in VIT will be as a factor
 Phoenix.Neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-05-10 11:12:24  
Doesn't affect players so won't make a difference.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Makenshi
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Wolfen
By Quetzalcoatl.Makenshi 2011-05-10 11:17:17  
So my 5th merit in Crit Hit Rate isn't just for outside Abyssea anymore, definately makes them worthwhile inside again lol
 Cerberus.Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-05-10 11:25:58  
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
With your gear, atma, and assuming dex cap, you should be at 82% before adding new merits that came out yesterday. A 10% stretch with a low "test" count isn't unheard of. Also, if your "quick testing" was visual and not parsed, I definitely would not jump to conclusions. Do a large test sample with a parse and I would love to hear that it holds the same results (but i do not think it will).

I did some tests by removing GH atma and the Crit % was certainly lower. It may be the case that I got lucky and crit 49/50 on a few mobs. that leads to :

Phoenix.Neosutra said:
Uncertain if the new best atma combination is SS/RR/GH, or still RR/GH/Apoc.. If Apoc is even close to SS (now that the cap is gone), I'll probably stick with Apoc.

And i totally agree. Apoc jus doesn't seem as nice now that SS is VERY useful now. I was hitting 300~ crits on normal mobs. It almost made it not worth it to take the time out of my regular attacks to use a weaponskill...

So this brings me to a point. I wanna meet the dev or manager at Square enix that said,, "You know what we need RR is not strong enough, lets make Crits better". :)
[+]
 Cerberus.Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-05-10 11:27:11  
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
i'm interested to see what the difference in VIT will be as a factor

My crit damage was significantly lower (200 > 100) on the NM tiger vs the normal tigers in altep. Was that because the NM's vit was higher? or because the NM's Defense is higher... I dont know.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-05-10 11:27:27  
Phoenix.Neosutra said:

i thought they said it didn't affect mobs (as in mobs VIT wouldn't matter) I read something wrong?
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-05-10 11:29:47  
Cerberus.Wojo said:

So this brings me to a point. I wanna meet the dev or manager at Square enix that said,, "You know what we need RR is not strong enough, lets make Crits better". :)

lol dude is a pimp if its all true.

are you parsing this ish? also any news on your WSs?
 Cerberus.Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-05-10 11:32:59  
Raising the crit damage % cap is definitely true. I'm not entirely convinced that the Crit% (from DEX > AGI) percentage was raised but I was SHOCKED to see like 79/80 crits with that atma setup. I usually need to have Innin up to see that.

WS Damage was not visibly better in my coupla hours of testing.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-05-10 11:33:33  
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Phoenix.Neosutra said:

i thought they said it didn't affect mobs (as in mobs VIT wouldn't matter) I read something wrong?

He meant it does not effect the player's attacks, only mobs attacks. SE made this very clear.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-05-10 11:39:58  
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Phoenix.Neosutra said:

He meant it does not effect the player's attacks, only mobs attacks. SE made this very clear.

oh.. I must have misunderstood mind providing the text of the info?
 Phoenix.Neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-05-10 11:48:26  
Was on the SE forum, a Dev commented saying players shouldn't worry, as the Vit change would only effect monsters. You can dig it up if you if you're interested, I'm not going to go find it for you.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kyokaku
サーバ: Bismarck
user: subakyo
By Bismarck.Kyokaku 2011-05-10 11:56:02  
So, our critical hit rate his risen for some reason?
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-05-10 12:03:28  
It appears dDEX has a much higher cap, which obviously in Abyssea is extremely substantial. I'd wait and see until after this maintenance before changing any gear etc though.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-05-10 12:42:00  
Phoenix.Neosutra said:
Was on the SE forum, a Dev commented saying players shouldn't worry, as the Vit change would only effect monsters. You can dig it up if you if you're interested, I'm not going to go find it for you.

you're such a darling thanks for the help!

Anyways for everyone else this is what I had read from the SE forums (which I rarely browse because I can't login cause I don't bring my SID to work)

Quote:
To quell some of your concerns about the adjustments set to take place regarding VIT and critical hits, you'll be glad to know that this adjustment will only be for player characters and NOT monsters.

So again, I'm asking for some clarification if you know differently please (anyone but Neosutra) help me out, am I some how misunderstanding that post or is there conflicting information listed somewhere else?

all I want to know is how does it affect it, is it only for when a player gets hit with a crit if they have higher VIT now they will take less dmg?
 Asura.Masekase
サーバ: Asura
user: masekase
By Asura.Masekase 2011-05-10 12:47:05  
If you gonna quote at least quote the full comment.

To quell some of your concerns about the adjustments set to take place regarding VIT and critical hits, you'll be glad to know that this adjustment will only be for player characters and NOT monsters. Additionally, in regards to the note about "certain job traits will see their maximum level of effectiveness adjusted by equipment, magic, and/or job abilities" have no fear as no negative adjustments will be taking place. Instead the limits on these will be increased, making players even stronger.

It says no negative adjustments are taking place.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-05-10 12:49:12  
Asura.Masekase said:
If you gonna quote at least quote the full comment.

To quell some of your concerns about the adjustments set to take place regarding VIT and critical hits, you'll be glad to know that this adjustment will only be for player characters and NOT monsters. Additionally, in regards to the note about "certain job traits will see their maximum level of effectiveness adjusted by equipment, magic, and/or job abilities" have no fear as no negative adjustments will be taking place. Instead the limits on these will be increased, making players even stronger.

It says no negative adjustments are taking place.

VIT and crit hits are not job traits, those are two different notes if I'm not mistaken.

If you gonna quote bold at least quote bold the full comment.

Also I never assumed or implied something would be negative I'm just asking about it in general.. I just am wondering how VIT is coming into play now how is it affecting crits where did I say anything about being gimped or it having a negative affect?

All I want to know is if someone can confirm it only affects when a mob crit hits a player and if so how much of a factor is VIT coming into play, how much damage is it reducing etc
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-10 13:01:46  
You got it right, we take less damage from mob crits depending on our VIT now.

I plan to run a parse this evening to try and get an idea of how high the dDEX cap is now and will explore lower values from there.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-05-10 13:02:33  
lol ok thanks.. i dont know why that was so hard (for everyone else) it really makes me wonder why they felt the need to make that change, I can only think it's a tiny step in the right direction for pld being lolfixed?

going to be interesting what the best new atma combos are seeing:
RR/GH/SS and RR/SS/Apoc from people or sticking with the old RR/GH/Apoc
[+]
 Asura.Solara
サーバ: Asura
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-05-10 13:02:55  
Your Vit lowers the mobs crits against you, the mobs vit doesn't affect your crits.

@Cerberus.Wojo: Your crit dmg will almost always be lower on nms than normal mobs of the same family because of differences in their level and defense. There's nothing remotely new about that, it was probably just more obvious to you because of the higher crit dmg cap. http://ffxi.gamerescape.com/wiki/PDIF

edit: Night beat me to it. Ah well.
 Sylph.Kimble
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-05-10 13:07:16  
Well, need to see what happens after todays maintenace as its possible the crit dmg is way higher then they wanted. Think back to when they did the 2 handed update.
 Lakshmi.Zantok
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Zantok 2011-05-10 13:09:09  
The 2H update destroyed my soul. ><
 Cerberus.Evilpaul
user: Evilpaul
By Cerberus.Evilpaul 2011-05-10 13:12:09  
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Phoenix.Neosutra said:

Like that means something? They don't test ***very extensively. (Leaving the last two words off the preceding sentence would make it more accurate.)
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-05-10 13:13:53  
So WTF, did non-crit jobs get shafted again?
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-05-10 13:17:53  
Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:

lulz will be had.
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-05-10 13:50:26  
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:

lulz will be had.
Why the f#*% would they do this >_> It's not like Crits weren't already too powerful
[+]
First Page 2 3