Best Non-kc Offhand For Whinjar?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Best non-kc offhand for Whinjar?
Best non-kc offhand for Whinjar?
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-05-08 07:19:28  
What would be the optimal offhand when soloing Whinjar in abyssea? I'd like to farm my own dark rings and refresh hairpin in abyskonscht. I've a friend with a kc who doesn't play much so I'll try to borrow his, but barring that,

which of the occ. attk. x2, occ. attk. 2-4, and double attack+ naboot would be best?

Thanks~
 Leviathan.Purplestuf
By Leviathan.Purplestuf 2011-05-08 09:56:41  
OA 2~4 naboot+2
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-08 09:58:56  
You would get it done faster if you went on RDM and Aeolian cleaved but if it's just to have fun on WHM, nvm.
[+]
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-05-08 10:03:31  
Hohenheim, JTA on our server is like a godly DD whm..he did some trial weapons :) I am sure he would be more then happy to tell u which he found was the best combo
 Bismarck.Lighttaru
サーバ: Bismarck
user: lighttaru
By Bismarck.Lighttaru 2011-05-08 11:30:44  

this is the what i use atm, im on the demon trial so imp r perfect in there hence y i go solo once in a while. once this is done ima go with occ. 2-3 atk.

with 2 ls mate light never a problem, even bakka a pussy to whinja(soloed a few time to get blm neck for ls). one of my ls mate was at sapling n saw the NM up so i decided to try to solo it, went 1/1 on KI n nin neck :D fun fight!!
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2011-05-08 14:34:00  
this is what i use at the moment, still new to whm dd

Augments are
body: att/dual wield
gorget: dex+1
offhand (dmg +7 str +4? i dont remember at the moment)

Obvious upgrades would be
Naboot 2~4
Tatsu pants with haste and acc/att?
gorget with crit rate augment
rajas (just need to finish it up)
few pieces of blessed +1 but expensive
Goli body for high haste

edit: What i've noticed in parties is when i DD i feel like tping takes forever, damn clubs make it take so long to swing. Fulltime hasting myself still doesnt seem to be enough so i would probably put more dual wield and haste, as well as get the OA 2~4 to help speed things up. Ideally i think KC would be best even though the damage would be low you could keep up your hexas
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-08 14:52:01  
Pretty sure the OA2-4 naboot +2 is your best offhand, unless of course you can get the KC.

Here's what a top WHM TP set will look like (don't mind the clubs, they're just an example)

and possibly the top Hexa set

Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-05-08 14:53:34  
Odin.Sheelay said:
Pretty sure the OA2-4 naboot +2 is your best offhand, unless of course you can get the KC.

Here's what a top WHM TP set will look like (don't mind the clubs, they're just an example)

if u cant afford the plus 1 just swap out the royal redingcoat for the goliard body for capped haste ~ I believe~

/waits for sheelay to bring out the subligars
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-08 15:07:57  
Leviathan.Angelskiss said:

if u cant afford the plus 1 just swap out the royal redingcoat for the goliard body for capped haste ~ I believe~

/waits for sheelay to bring out the subligars

I'll show you my favorite, great for Winter celebrations!!!

[+]
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-05-08 15:08:35  
That is so hot nomnom
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-05-08 15:21:55  
Odin.Sheelay said:
Pretty sure the OA2-4 naboot +2 is your best offhand, unless of course you can get the KC. Here's what a top WHM TP set will look like (don't mind the clubs, they're just an example)

In abyssea you might be better off with DA one especially if you using DA/TA atmas.

DW on the redingcoat right? Assuming abyssea you are kinda overaccuracied on anything you'd actually consider meleeing so I'd put in more store tp in your tp set.

For hexa. Flame satchet. Maybe ire torque +1. Keep brutal on. Potentia cape if you don't spam addons to get your awesome cape. Beir Belt +1. Aqua ring instead of rajas.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-08 15:32:18  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Pretty sure the OA2-4 naboot +2 is your best offhand, unless of course you can get the KC. Here's what a top WHM TP set will look like (don't mind the clubs, they're just an example)

In abyssea you might be better off with DA one especially if you using DA/TA atmas.

DW on the redingcoat right? Assuming abyssea you are kinda overaccuracied on anything you'd actually consider meleeing so I'd put in more store tp in your tp set.

For hexa. Flame satchet. Maybe ire torque +1. Keep brutal on. Potentia cape if you don't spam addons to get your awesome cape. Beir Belt +1. Aqua ring instead of rajas.
Dasva! We're talking about Hexa again! Gotta bump the 9 page topic of epicness!
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-05-08 15:34:45  
Odin.Sheelay said:
Dasva! We're talking about Hexa again! Gotta bump the 9 page topic of epicness!
I'm a bit tired... is this just a general lets get to 9 pages for anye or referring to something specific?