Fortitude Axe Vs Byakko's Axe....

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Fortitude Axe vs Byakko's Axe....
Fortitude Axe vs Byakko's Axe....
First Page 2 3
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-26 20:36:01  
User submitted image

VS

User submitted image

Now, here is my problem...

I'm currently a 6 hit WAR (meaning I just need to hit 6 times to get enough TP to WS, 5 times after every WS to get 100% TP) who has both weapons...

After extensive testing (actually, since I got my Fort Axe yesterday, I just been doing campaign whacking mobs with the axe) I find out that I like the Fort Axe's ability to get enough TP to WS (in like less than 3 rounds on average, compared to 4-5 rounds with Byakko's Axe) but I miss the 1k+ Raging Rush (but, I am a monster on Steel Cyclone with Fort Axe)...

Damage with Byakko's Axe isn't really that much more compared to Fort Axe, although I'm probably missing about 40 damage per hit, I make that up, plus some thanks to the constant double attack from Fortitude Axe (mostly Triple Attacking and Quad Attacking sometimes)

What would you guys recommend? Should I dump Byakko's Axe and be a full time SC monster, or keep Byakko's Axe for "certain events" that I rarely am on WAR anyway for (BLM ftw).
 Asura.Deemos
By Asura.Deemos 2009-03-26 21:14:59  
User submitted image
[+]
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
サーバ: Seraph
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-03-26 21:39:32  
wow... ^ is just creepy
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2009-03-26 22:07:54  
Keep Byakko's for high defense mobs for now. Save up for a perdu voulge and use that 90% of the time.
The other 10% would be in zerg situations or as an example: a very close friend of mine uses fort when we do RvB since its a race between him and the blue mage to zero hp.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-03-26 22:11:06  
For the unitiated, the pic Deemos posted is 4chan shorthand for, "***... Not this *** again." In other words he's slamming the OP.

BTW D, nice morp pic combining the original poster with admiral ackbars head! :D
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-03-26 22:22:24  
Korpg? getting slammed? i dont see it...

EDIT: 1 post from 500 Malekith, YEW CAN DEW IT!!
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-26 22:23:45  
Ashman said:
Keep Byakko's for high defense mobs for now. Save up for a perdu voulge and use that 90% of the time.
The other 10% would be in zerg situations or as an example: a very close friend of mine uses fort when we do RvB since its a race between him and the blue mage to zero hp.

Thank you for your post

Unfortunally, I thought this might happen, but I was hoping to have some sort of advice before they realized what was going on. Leave it to noobs to derail a thread before it even gotten started.
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-03-26 22:26:46  
BUT I NEED TACOS!! I need them or I will explode! That happens sometimes...
 Asura.Deemos
By Asura.Deemos 2009-03-26 22:39:07  
Korpg said:
Ashman said:

Thank you for your post

Unfortunally, I thought this might happen, but I was hoping to have some sort of advice before they realized what was going on. Leave it to noobs to derail a thread before it even gotten started.

There are stickies on forums for this reason, plenty of threads if you just google, i came up with 5 threads and thats just from putting in some simple keywords, i found the answer before i even posted.
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-03-26 22:41:25  
You, sir, truly are an inspiration to us all, Deemos. I still think that pic is creepy...
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-26 22:45:49  
Deemos said:

There are stickies on forums for this reason, plenty of threads if you just google, i came up with 5 threads and thats just from putting in some simple keywords, i found the answer before i even posted.

Where are the threads then? I have seen some sites that talk about one or the other, but not both....

Personally, I think you are talking out your *** as usual.

On subject now:

Perdu is better than Byakko's Axe, but since I don't do Assaults or rather, don't have the time to do assaults, I just have Byakko's Axe. Its not a bad axe to be honest. I think that damage over time with Fortitude Axe is better than Byakko's Axe, because of the constant stream of double/triple/quadruple attacks make up for the lack of damage.
 Asura.Deemos
By Asura.Deemos 2009-03-26 23:24:43  
Kyaaadaa said:
You, sir, truly are an inspiration to us all, Deemos. I still think that pic is creepy...
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2009-03-27 01:41:18  
Don't forget martial bhuj, I have byakko, martial, and perdu and can say that usually the martial is my fave.
 Bismarck.Kenage
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Kenage
By Bismarck.Kenage 2009-03-27 02:34:01  
Harpunnik said:
Don't forget martial bhuj, I have byakko, martial, and perdu and can say that usually the martial is my fave.
Martial Bhuj is good for EndGame if you don't have Perdu, if you have it, both will perform more or less the same(Martial a bit ahead 1~2% ahead).

For merits Perdu or Byakko will be far better than Martial just because Ragging Rush is much better WS in merits than Steel Cyclone.

Byakkos's Axe DoT is better than Fortitude, besides remember that you are trading 12attk or 6att&6acc to wear your virtue stones, this also hurts Fortitude's DoT a bit.

I hope it helps.

Ken.
 Cerberus.Unrepentant
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Unrepentant 2009-03-27 02:55:53  
Malekith said:
BTW D, nice morp pic combining the original poster with admiral ackbars head! :D

Look a little closer, that's a bald dudes head (note the hair on the lower side) with a hand to the forehead that was morphed into the foreground face. Nice try though, come again.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-27 06:37:46  
Ok, been in a nice merit party, using nothing but my Fort Axe

I would say, my damage over time has increased slightly at the expense of my WSs.

WSs with Byakko's Axe = 800~1.2k each, if all hit

WSs with Fort Axe = 400~700 each, if all hit, unless I pull out a Warrior's Charge Steel Cyclone, which gives me 1.2k

But, I am a triple attack madman, and I WS alot more with Fort Axe....so, I believe my DoT has increased alot...
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-27 09:05:42  
Korpg said:

I would say, my damage over time has increased slightly at the expense of my WSs.

WSs with Fort Axe = 400~700 each, if all hit, unless I pull out a Warrior's Charge Steel Cyclone, which gives me 1.2k

But, I am a triple attack madman, and I WS alot more with Fort Axe....so, I believe my DoT has increased alot...

See soboro vs hagun/onimaru arguments.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-27 09:09:18  
Frobeus said:
Korpg said:

See soboro vs hagun/onimaru arguments.

Agreed. But the nice thing is, Fort Axe has a ton more damage than Soboro....
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-03-27 09:38:46  
As a WAR does that Fort Axe hit 4x often or very rarely? I would think with WARs DA job trait + brutal it should quad hit fairly often. Just wondering.
 Pandemonium.Isiolia
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Isiolia
By Pandemonium.Isiolia 2009-03-27 09:53:29  
I've usually parsed slightly lower overall damage using Fort compared to Perdu. It's -great- for /DNC, but I'd say to stick to Byakkos or Perdu for most other things.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2009-03-27 16:50:33  
Quote:
As a WAR does that Fort Axe hit 4x often or very rarely? I would think with WARs DA job trait + brutal it should quad hit fairly often. Just wondering.

Sea weapons are not beholden to this rule.

Quote:

In the posts you made and time you looked for pic/searched threads you spent more energy then just answering the OP.

I'm not saying Korpg is a saint but at least when he gets rowdy there is some provocation or something he feels needs to be corrected. Troll people who deserve trolling and don't be an asshat. He just asked a simple question.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ragnell
サーバ: Bahamut
user:
By Bahamut.Ragnell 2009-03-27 17:27:51
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Malekith said:
For the unitiated, the pic Deemos posted is 4chan shorthand for, "***... Not this *** again." In other words he's slamming the OP.

That's not Ackbars head..
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-03-27 17:31:36  
Ragnell said:
That's not Ackbars head..

LoL internet went down before I had a chance to come back on here and make the correction. The head shopped in is that of Jean Luc Picard. I shoulda known that off the bat. :p
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2009-03-27 17:39:00  
Kyaaadaa said:

TACQUITOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSS!~

You must have Lifebelt Gloves and Tungi Sushi or your Double Attack won't proc.

lolRagingRush.

That is all. Please continue your discussion. I am eager to see how this all pans out.
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-03-27 17:39:44  
Ultrarichard said:
Unrepentant said:
Malekith said:

Look a little closer, that's a bald dudes head (note the hair on the lower side) with a hand to the forehead that was morphed into the foreground face. Nice try though, come again.

It's captain picard!
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-27 17:45:03  
Ultrarichard said:
Unrepentant said:
Malekith said:

It's captain picard!

I'd recognize that head anywhere! <3 JLP!!
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-27 17:55:56  
Sammitch said:
Kyaaadaa said:

TACQUITOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSS!~

You must have Lifebelt Gloves and Tungi Sushi or your Double Attack won't proc.

lolRagingRush.

That is all. Please continue your discussion. I am eager to see how this all pans out.

I am a WAR, with merits, and double attack gear, which proc's 25% of the time

Add the 50% double attack on EACH hit with Fort Axe, and I can triple attack alot and quad attack every so often

Thats a lot of TP gaining there, and I was averaging about 600 Raging Rush, which isn't all that bad to be honest....

I wish that Fort Axe had a higher damage rating though....but without double attack gear, it wouldn't be worth it
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2009-03-27 18:04:58  
I haven't had a Sea Gorget for very long, so I have only gotten limited 'testing' with Fort Axe, but when I do RvB with Ashman, i think its better to do 3 400-600 King's Justice, then 2 800~s, simply because of our SMN is there doing Predator Claw, and that the DoT is a tad higher as well, at least if the triple attacks proc.

Other then RvB, Besieged, and Campaign, this axe is meh imo. I would rather use Perdu(Byakko's in your case) in a merit party because of the higher base damage, and because of perdu's acc/att+ hidden effect.
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2009-03-27 18:55:00  
Korpg said:
I am a WAR, with merits, and double attack gear, which proc's 25% of the time

Add the 50% double attack on EACH hit with Fort Axe, and I can triple attack alot and quad attack every so often

Thats a lot of TP gaining there, and I was averaging about 600 Raging Rush, which isn't all that bad to be honest....

I wish that Fort Axe had a higher damage rating though....but without double attack gear, it wouldn't be worth it

Little, if any of my derision was directed to you, Korpg. Fort Axe may well do better with RR than SC with lower base damage, but higher TP gain and DA. I prefer to pound out consistent 1000~1500 Steel Cyclones [M. Bhuj, /SAM, Dynamis Mobs] than spotty damage that might spike into that range with Raging Rush. [hence the derision @ RR] IMHO the mistake people make when comparing the 2 WSes is they use the same gear for both, rather than taking into account the needs and benefits for each. ie. ACC + ATK for RR, STR and bonus VIT [where you can fit it in] for SC.

If I were still doing endgame NMs and such I'd rock Byakko's high base damage for 300TP, and switch to M.Bhuj if it's not a "med, wait, WS" situation. Steel Cyclone all the way unless someone needs me to make a Frag chain. Fort Axe is a specialty weapon that's better suited to the same situations as Soboro Sukehiro for SAM.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-27 19:39:54  
Thats the problem about double attack/triple attack weapons, they have a very low DMG rating. Except for Fort axe, I don't think there is any weapons with a Damage rating over 40 that you can double attack often, triple attack as WAR with.

Correct me if I'm wrong though lol
First Page 2 3