users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Question about neck and belt choice for Hi
Question about neck and belt choice for Hi
 Unicorn.Grimjow
サーバ: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Grimjow
By Unicorn.Grimjow 2011-04-26 23:36:20  
Ok so I am getting mixed responses about this so hopefully someone who understands the mechanics can chime in and help me out.

Whats the best choice for neck and belt for WS

Shadow Gorget/Shadow Belt

Or something like Hope Torque/Crudelis Belt....

Also why is said choice the best choice?

I know the Gorget/Belt effect the mod but it's already 4.0 so I am told it has a much less drastic effect....

However in Abyss my AGI is already over 150 so will another 9 AGI really make more of a difference than the 2 Shadow pieces?

Thanks in advance
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2011-04-26 23:38:28  
sounds like you should test out any and all of your possible combination of gear and take the best results. Old school style back when nobody knew nothing and everything was speculation
 Unicorn.Grimjow
By Unicorn.Grimjow 2011-04-26 23:41:24  
Yea I was going to but the issue is aside from Crudelis the other 3 are a bit of a pain to get....

And I don't want to go through the hassle to just /toss the inferior ones :)
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-04-26 23:54:28  
i think nightfyre said hope/anguinus are best unless pdif capped.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-04-27 00:08:38  
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
i think nightfyre said hope/anguinus are best unless pdif capped.
Yup. Outside Abyssea I usually swap Anguinus for Cuchulain's Belt to increase dDEX, though if acc were ever relevant I might reconsider that.

Bismarck.Kyaaadaa said:
sounds like you should test out any and all of your possible combination of gear and take the best results. Old school style back when nobody knew nothing and everything was speculation
That would be a great idea except the mechanics are well understood and you'd need a monstrous sample size to be reasonably certain, meaning that you'd not only be wasting time by doing so, you'd be wasting a lot of time.
 Unicorn.Grimjow
By Unicorn.Grimjow 2011-04-27 00:21:11  
I agree it would be a huge waste of time.... That's why I was hoping someone had some insight.
 Ifrit.Hitoseijuro
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Hitoseijuro 2011-04-27 00:28:44  
Unicorn.Grimjow said:
I know the Gorget/Belt effect the mod but it's already 4.0 so I am told it has a much less drastic effect.... However in Abyss my AGI is already over 150 so will another 9 AGI really make more of a difference than the 2 Shadow pieces? Thanks in advance
Blade: Hi is a 5.0 ftp considering its 2 hits from dual wield. Any DA/TA further increase the chances of raising the average of that ftp. Just the 5.0 alone, with both shadow/belt being added is a 4% increase.
5.2/5.0 = 4%

9agi to 150 agi, is a 5% increase to wsc. Now you said over 150 so I not sure how much is over, but it does kind of make a difference considering like most stats in the game, the more you have, the diminishing each amount stacked on becomes. However, you also get attack from these pieces and since ninja does not have abundance of attack, its generally always benefits from it.

150*.6 = 90, 90*.85 = 76
159*.6 = 95, 95*.85 = 80

80/76 = 5.2% When you add this to the base damage(being that its bigger) will be lower of an overall increase, but with the att should out do the belt/neck combo.
 Alexander.Msthief
サーバ: Alexander
user: Msthief87
By Alexander.Msthief 2011-04-27 06:43:30  
Let me just say from anecdotal evidence that yes 9 Agi will make a difference. Currently I'm doing Gorget / Crudelis while working on a Hope torque. Might be worth considering, seeing as it's a happy medium.

Edit: Soil Gorget works as well, I farmed that up in maybe 3 hours? The Yovra organs are a joke these days. Xzomits are ridiculously easy because the "mother" of a pair is a guaranteed drop. Aerns are a pain, but find a th6 *** and they come fairly regularly. Also... farm the Om versions from the teleports. Very simple these days.