2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Fan-Art » MS Paint Suggestions/Discussions
MS Paint Suggestions/Discussions
By Raborn 2011-04-27 22:39:14  
Fairy.Spence said:
Maybe just tweak the rules in the OP's.

1. Only MS Paint is allowed for submitted entries. Tablet or mouse.

2. Use IMG tags to post your submission, no URLs please.

3. If you want to play, submit your entry in a reply.

4. Try to post at least one work in progress (WIP) along with your entry in a link or spoiler.

5. No voting for yourself.

6. To vote for someone post a reply saying "I vote for (Name in Bold)"

7. No submitting old works from the original MS Paint Challenges! Should a subject that you did a work for in the last challenge arise, please use a fresh idea!

8. Entry submissions open Sunday, voting takes place the following Saturday. Please try to refrain from casting your vote before then.

9. Something about not quoting entries and cut down quotes to one or something?

1. Tablet or mouse, what does this mean? I am only aware of one MS paint.

2. Ok

3. Mmmmmmmmmmm.

4. Do not like this one. too much work for a 5 second > 5 minute ms paint drawing.

5. Ok

6. Ok

7. Ok

8. No, some people do not access the forums every day of the week. Open the voting period at least 2-3 days before the contest end. Late submissions will just have to accept that penalization. (snooze, you lose).
 Cerberus.Eugene
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-04-27 22:39:56  
A mouse is one form of input. A tablet is another form of input.
 Fairy.Spence
サーバ: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2011-04-27 22:42:27  
Some people thought using a tablet wasn't fair with MS paint. It just means either is fine.

I don't care about WIPs tbh, if you're going to cheat at this, well... *cough loser cough*

I don't like your last suggestion. Someone else had mentioned spoilering their vote before hand, I like that better, but I feel if you don't want to come on Saturday and vote, don't vote.
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-04-27 22:43:55  
I know there's been confusion in the past, maybe a line making it clear that generally the winner of the week picks the next week's topic? It'll be especially useful for first time entries that may not necessarily know they have to pick a topic when they win.
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2011-04-27 22:47:51  
1. Only MS Paint is allowed for submitted entries.

4. Try to post at least one work in progress (WIP) along with your entry in a link or spoiler.

7. No submitting old works from the original MS Paint Challenges! Should a subject that you did a work for in the last challenge arise, please use a fresh idea!

8. Entry submissions open Sunday, voting takes place the following Saturday. Please try to refrain from casting your vote before then.The winner gets to choose next week's theme.

9. Please limit the quoting of entries to make browsing the thread easier.
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-04-27 22:53:15  
Possibly:

Please limit the quoting of entries to make browsing the thread easier.

for quoting you'd want the limit to be 0 if at all possible, and 1 only if it's way out of the way.

also, minor point, week's requires an apostrophe :p
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2011-04-27 22:55:10  
Haha, y'know what? No one even reads the rules to begin with. I don't know why we're even bothering.
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-04-27 22:55:40  
hey, it shows you care.
By Raborn 2011-04-27 22:57:56  
I do like someone posting all the entries on the first page, this will definitely help the voters who ...... want to vote.
I was just shifting through the entries to see who did what, and then it hit me that Spence had copied them all into his first post.
It was so convenient and easy to pass between them.
I liked that idea the most.

You really don't want to add too many rules because when you over complicate something it really pushes people away.

I'd let the winner pick the topics and the runner-up be in charge of placing all entries into their first post for the next week's submissions.
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-04-27 22:59:07  
The runner up gets the work. sounds like a great reason not to lose xD
 Bismarck.Nevill
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2011-04-27 23:13:20  
I say make each week consist of 2 threads. One solely for submissions and voting, and the other for quoting these works, bumping with a link to submission page. Could get confusing but could also cut down on some of the unwanted clutter.
 Bismarck.Maiyuu
user: maiyuu
By Bismarck.Maiyuu 2011-04-27 23:15:38  
It's a nice idea, but I think we should make it more like a helping hand and not a rule. If it happens, it happens. Just in case the person doesn't have time to group them.
By zahrah 2011-04-27 23:56:35  
Cerberus.Eugene said:
I know there's been confusion in the past, maybe a line making it clear that generally the winner of the week picks the next week's topic? It'll be especially useful for first time entries that may not necessarily know they have to pick a topic when they win.

Yep! I can claim fault for that week. Oops.
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-04-28 00:05:13  
I wasn't calling anyone out :)
By zahrah 2011-04-28 00:10:06  
Cerberus.Eugene said:
I wasn't calling anyone out :)

Yeah...I understand. Just called myself out on that one. I would have preferred knowing before I jumped the gun. LOL!
 Cerberus.Irohuro
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-04-28 00:27:13  
there was something i was thinking but now i cant remember it after reading through to see if it had already been mentioned,

but another thought

could have spence confer with the winner of the previous week, and he make the topic so he can keep the posts in the OP.

as for the tweaks mentioned
1. (`.`)b
2(`.`)b
3. participate over play maybe? but thats just semantics
4.(`.`)b
5.(`.`)b
6.(`.`)b
7.(`.`)b
8. maybe add in what was mentioned about if one needs to vote early? could make it too long though.
9(`.`)b
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-04-28 00:31:42  
Cerberus.Irohuro said:
could have spence confer with the winner of the previous week, and he make the topic so he can keep the posts in the OP.
not a bad idea, but i figure (if he wants to take on this responsibility)as long as spence makes a post on the first page it really shouldn't be that big of a deal.
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2011-04-28 01:24:57  
dont think making 2 treads for submission and votes is good since one might get lost or miss some entries, and have to have one extra tab/window open.

as for early voting, Sat is still good and stuff. I know some days I have missed voting because i been out or forgot, but SOL. it isnt bad, since you still have a little time on sunday to cast a vote, atleast till a winner is declared
 Lakshmi.Hewison
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Hewison
By Lakshmi.Hewison 2011-04-28 07:57:22  
Raborn said:

This is a tablet:

This is a mouse:

Inb4 Rin says my tablet looks cute >.<

While going through the rules I noticed that some of them are very similiar. The only reason I'm pointing this out is less rules = more likely to follow them and so on. An example,

Fairy.Spence said:

2. Please submit your entry as a reply, using an IMG tags to post (no URLs please).
If possible, please include atleast one work in progress (WIP) as either a link or in a spoiler tag -

Obviously the wording could be different. I also included the spoilered code for spoiling because not everyone is BBCode savy.
I could also see 5. and 6. being put together.

The problem I see with this is that what I said above could easy be skim read and not fully understood. That's why the wording could be different and uses of different BBCode could be used to stress different things in the sentance, like I just did :3
Italics are really hard to spot on their own though. It's like freaking where's Waldo :<
 Asura.Alexstaifter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Alexstaifter 2011-04-28 08:37:57  
Raborn said:
Fairy.Spence said:
Maybe just tweak the rules in the OP's.

1. Only MS Paint is allowed for submitted entries. Tablet or mouse.

8. Entry submissions open Sunday, voting takes place the following Saturday. Please try to refrain from casting your vote before then.

9. Something about not quoting entries and cut down quotes to one or something?

2. Ok

3. Mmmmmmmmmmm.

4. Do not like this one. too much work for a 5 second > 5 minute ms paint drawing.

5. Ok

6. Ok

7. Ok

8. No, some people do not access the forums every day of the week. Open the voting period at least 2-3 days before the contest end. Late submissions will just have to accept that penalization. (snooze, you lose).

1)Just a way of doing the drawing, like in rl using a brush or using a pencil is just two different ways to do the same thing (which is to make art)

5)Its just a way to prove your doing the work and not something found somewhere else, and simply "Save As" (WIP) than "Save As" (Final Image) isn't that hard to do honestly.

8)I agree with the voting should be opened bit earlier, Friday would be better, in case someone isn't around on saturday to vote than, and I disagree with being Penalized, for someone voting early if someone ends up putting their Image up late friday through saturday. But if a person votes on friday and anytime after that before sunday, other entries come in and they would pick that instead, they should be able to change their vote.

A) To encourage people to want to enter and chance at different people having a chance to create a topic/theme, the last week's winner (the current week's topic maker) should not have their entry voted on for the week they make the topic.(since I am sure they have an idea of a image for their picked topic, still allowing them to make it, but just giving other people a chance to win) (or more honestly, to allow a wider group of people the chance to make topics)