Impact?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Impact?
Impact?
By Damiyen 2011-04-10 05:59:26  
Recently received this toy and I was curious if i could get some information on how to maximize the damage.

Not that this is WHM section, and not BLM/RDM/SCH

This is my current gearset

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/208605

Obviously my post is pointed in the direction of
Ratio of Damage for MAB and INT.
SCH or RDM sub? Dark Arts vs. 24MAB
(Elemental Magic Skill level even applicable or necessary?)

Also if anyone would be so kind, Looking for a spellcast Rule for Twilight Cape > Searing Cape, as well as Uggalepih Pendant > Artemis
 Bismarck.Nalien
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: juro
By Bismarck.Nalien 2011-04-10 06:38:16  
Elemental Magic skill only supports your magic accuracy, not your damage.

This said, if you feel (or parse) your accuracy to be sufficient, you may aswell disregard any additional magic skill or even look into replacing existing skill with further INT or MAB.

As you are trying to maximize your damage, go with the RDM sub.

If I recall correctly, /rdm is only 1 INT short of /sch, while /rdm gains Fast Cast (more nukes, more damage lulz) and MAB.
While /SCH has some abilities to enhance spellcasting, maybe even recast, that alone should not make up for it.

Of course this assumes you're inside of Abyssea or have nearly infinite MP to begin with.

Concerning the ratios and returns of INT and MAB, no clue, I've stopped maths wizardry before Abyssea even released, because this game got too easy and annoying to bother, so you'll have to wait for someone like Dasva for those.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-10 06:38:17  
My friend that I duo with has done ~2kish on WHM on few tier1 NMs lol. Would see more mileage out of it with /blm and ascetics, elemental seal lol. Maybe have 3rd atma as ultimate or cosmos. You won't land it on anything that matters w/o resists unless ES'd for most part.
By Damiyen 2011-04-10 06:44:49  
I always MB it off my Blue Doing CDC > Benthic Typhoon.

Only damage worth mentioning is i did 4400~ to T2 VNM in Vunkerl.

Pretty respectable considering my only atma benefiting it is MM.(yea i used astetics gambir)

Would Magic Bursting give any Macc towards this spell? or is that strictly breath spells.

Ive only casted this spell like 7 times in abyssea so far, and Ive had 1 resist.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-10 06:46:17  
Uh anything that matters... You really casted it on tier2 NMs such as Apademak, Alfard, Sobek etc etc and not gotten resisted at all?
 Bismarck.Nalien
サーバ: Bismarck
user: juro
By Bismarck.Nalien 2011-04-10 06:46:46  
Quote:
Ive only casted this spell like 7 in abyssea so far, and Ive had 1 resist.
Might want to mention the targets, otherwise this information holds no value.
By Damiyen 2011-04-10 06:54:24  
Forgive me my memory is awful......Considering theres no screenshots i doubt this holds any value anyways

Iratham (Resisted) (no ***)
Vunkerl t2 VNM (Never resisted)
Awahondo (Resisted)(no ***)
Dvalinn (Not resist)
Dive-E-Sepid (not resist)
Amphitrite (Not resist. 2400~dmg)
Thats all my poor memory can do @ this hour

This is all on my mule account 90 WHM/RDM

Note the 1 Resist i speak of is the t2 VNM in vunkerl. the same one i did 4400~ to

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Morgish
サーバ: Ifrit
user: morgish
By Ifrit.Morgish 2011-04-10 10:00:03  
On the topic of impact was killing itzpapalotl and the blm with us accidentally cast impact on him, used Exuviation and everyone did
"insert ffffffuuuu.jpg here" Healed him for 21,000 hp.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Delirium
サーバ: Siren
user: Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2011-04-10 11:35:45  
Damiyen said:
Would Magic Bursting give any Macc towards this spell?

Magic bursting pretty much maximizes MACC
By DuzellLevi 2011-04-10 11:57:59  
On RDM I use MM Tower Cosmos to get the best out of Impact without sacrificing normal utility. Other than that MAB and Int. Go with /blm for elemental seal, when your dumping 666 mp you want to make sure its worth it. The Damage ToM staff would also help. Lastly, Impact is more for the massive stats down, on some NMs (HQ cerebrus for instance) I have seen a 10-15% damage increase on nukes and WSs after casting Impact, also it can help brds land threnelodys on resistant mobs.
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-10 14:26:03  
Bleh can't find where I did testing to find actually values for base dmg and int multipliers... but it was rather unimpressive even if you disregard the 666 mp... I'll see if I can refind or test them
By Orih 2011-04-10 14:37:56  
Try it with sch/rdm. voidstorm with dark obi and twilight cape and hit upwards of 6k on nms. havent tried bursting yet
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-10 17:08:11  
Ok hard to tell exact values without more a decent bit more testing but V~940 int M~2.33. Oh and to put that in perspective Blizz V has V of 828 and aerojas is 902. T5 and most jas have M values of 2.3 supposedly aeroja is 2.33333. So barely the highest dmg spell as is right now. But incredibly inefficient and blizzja will eat it alive

Need to find a mob that has the same int as I have at least naked to make this easier. And that I know is exactly the same
 Asura.Pergatory
サーバ: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2011-04-11 11:26:20  
Definitely use WHM/SCH for Impact casting. The elemental skill from Dark Arts is vital, and you can use Parsimony to cut the cost down considerably.

I use a build similar to the one you posted and it works well. Even with the skill from Dark Arts, I still sometimes see resists. When I try to cast it on my SMN (which is pretty much never /SCH) it's almost always resisted down to 100-200 damage and about 10 seconds of attribute down which is pointless. I imagine it'd be the same on WHM without Dark Arts.

Honestly though, you should be using /SCH pretty much all the time anyway.
[+]
 Leviathan.Snakeslice
user: neavep
By Leviathan.Snakeslice 2011-04-11 11:54:55  
Asura.Pergatory said:
Definitely use WHM/SCH for Impact casting. The elemental skill from Dark Arts is vital, and you can use Parsimony to cut the cost down considerably.

I use a build similar to the one you posted and it works well. Even with the skill from Dark Arts, I still sometimes see resists. When I try to cast it on my SMN (which is pretty much never /SCH) it's almost always resisted down to 100-200 damage and about 10 seconds of attribute down which is pointless. I imagine it'd be the same on WHM without Dark Arts.

Honestly though, you should be using /SCH pretty much all the time anyway.

This, On my decked out blm I only reach between 4~5K depending on the nm for 666 mp so its really not that efficient but! Impact really shines as an elemental debuff, -20% to every stat so in other words. More dmg to the mob, less dmg dealt from the mob, and my favorite, less resist for those people that cant land procs.

I often use it on a nm if someone is having trouble landing a yellow proc or if its just rape time on the nm. So my suggestion would be the same as Pergatory, /sch and get your elemental as high as you can so the spell goes unresisted and last the full duration which i believe to be around 2mins+ but am unsure.
 Asura.Pergatory
サーバ: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2011-04-13 13:45:08  
Yeah I use it more for the attribute down than the damage. If they trigger red weakness I'll almost always cast Impact because hey, nothing better to do for 30 seconds. Sometimes I'll do it if they trigger blue as well. It's kinda hard to cast normally because it takes so long, having your WHM tied up for that long can sometimes be disastrous.