NIN EVA
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-04-09 19:01:37  
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
why do people always think i'm a guy, that's clearly a girl taru in my avatar!

We all look the same :(
i'm not even wearing a hat!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-04-09 19:12:33  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Have you considered Antares as to remove any weakness to paralyze or blizzard spells? That drove me mad for a long time lol and it would boost subtle blow + crit rate more while keeping the same evasion. Only downfall is 5hp and sam can't use it pretty much lol
MDT gear for Blizzard aside, the -resist isn't actually going to matter on anything NIN would need an eva kit on. They'll have capped macc regardless if you're not stacking +resist, at which point -resist is obviously stupid and you wouldn't be wearing either body anyway.

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
I scrolled up and caught this no worries. Are you basing these *tests on lvl 75 content mobs just adjusted for our lvl? or actually testing new NMs? And if you fight something with exceptionally deadly TP moves, don't they get an accuracy bonus when wsing just like we do? As in an evasion bonus to counter that might save you? I've been on blm and hit with a 20 dmg Seismic Tail from Cep-Kamuy purely because I flashed him first and he missed etc

I guess I'm wondering if we can boost our evasion enough so only 20% of ws actually land too, not just melees
Many appear to get a hitrate bonus. I know Azdaja's Flails usually take off two of my shadows even in full eva pre-Dispel. I don't think it's worth trying to floor WS hitrate; I'd rather put shadows up early to compensate since it's probably not realistically possible. Also means I can potentially use a mix of DD and eva gear to kill faster.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-04-09 19:33:45  
Maximum evasion gear.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyler
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyler
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyler 2011-04-10 15:03:55  
++ on the hybrid sets these days. On most things in the original 6 zones yonin and kurayami usually do the trick and you can cap eva on mobs for melee swings. From what I have experienced mobs TP moves do work mechanically in similar ways to our WS and receive an accuracy boost on the first hit. With all the awesome gear there is now it's definitely possible to pump up enough evasion to get a noticeable eva rate on TP moves. When low manning something where there are only 1 or 2 people on the mob it's pretty easy to gauge where the mob is TP wise.

Personally:
Yonin/blind full time DD gear/atmas

Swap out to my hybrid set when I have 1 or 2 shadows left and Utsu:Ni is down(about 21 haste and +60 evasion or something idr)

Full eva gear when you can anticipate a TP move coming.

Casting shadows can be just as detrimental to your dps as swapping to a full eva set for 2~3 seconds so find a happy medium.

And naturally it's good habit to start casting in fastcast/eva gear and swap to haste gear before completion. I don't use windower or windower macroes(although I probably would if I could) and it is entirely doable.