フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » NIN EVA
NIN EVA
First Page 2
 Odin.Dezaar
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: dezaar
By Odin.Dezaar 2011-04-09 16:35:40  
How much EVA should be a goal? How much is too much. Just capped skill and wondering where cap is. AGI is 150 target I believe.

Please assist.
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-04-09 16:44:02  
Differs per mob. You should aim to only have the mob land 20% of its hits (I believe 20% is the minimum hit rate, I'm sure someone else can either confirm/offer an alternative figure)
 Odin.Dezaar
サーバ: Odin
user: dezaar
By Odin.Dezaar 2011-04-09 16:56:26  
Hmmm... I always heard that 400 was a good target for THF and NIN @ 90
 Sylph.Agentblade
By Sylph.Agentblade 2011-04-09 17:09:53  
Odin.Dezaar said:
Is that just Eva skill? or eva skill with Eva gear stacked?
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-04-09 17:10:15  
Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Differs per mob. You should aim to only have the mob land 20% of its hits (I believe 20% is the minimum hit rate, I'm sure someone else can either confirm/offer an alternative figure)
20% is correct. There is no "target" evasion per se, as it is different depending on the situation. Just keep all of your evasion gear with you and have multiple setups to deal with high/medium/low accuracy mobs.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-04-09 17:11:18  
Sylph.Agentblade said:
Odin.Dezaar said:
1 eva skill = 0.9 evasion stat (after 200). There is no reason to count one as being any different than the other, aside from the value added.
[+]
 Sylph.Agentblade
By Sylph.Agentblade 2011-04-09 17:12:50  
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Sylph.Agentblade said:
Odin.Dezaar said:
1 eva skill = 0.9 evasion stat (after 200). There is no reason to count one as being any different than the other, aside from the value added.
kk good to know /cheers
 Phoenix.Studboy
user: Studboy
By Phoenix.Studboy 2011-04-09 17:23:42  
Honestly right now, depends on what/where you are fighting.

In Abyssea, I can throw on 2 evasion Sekka +2's and an Unger Boomerang, and I have more than enough evasion to tank 90%+ of the NM's there. That's with capped skill and no merits. This also includes Gnarled Horn Atma.

Outside, I generally throw evasion in slots that do not have haste, such as Boxer's Mantle, etc. until I am comfortable with the hit rate.
By Gimpness 2011-04-09 17:37:47  
I don't really find an eva set to be useful anymore, but if you were to make one it should look somewhat like this:

The hat could be replaced by af3+2 to make it more of a hybrid eva/dd build. Just something to aim for i guess. But again, I rarely use an eva set inside abyssea because atmas.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
サーバ: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2011-04-09 18:02:39  
this is what i use for my eva set (which i only use if all shadows are down, which is almost never thanks to +1 shadows on ichi and ni.)

its a mix/hybrid set 21 haste with dualwield+ and gives around +80eva. i wouldn't worry about the 150agi since your going to hit that in abyssea with cruor buffs and GH atma.

this set works great for me so far, and i've even fulltimed it on a
few mobs and it's shown a huge difference.

note: sekka+2 is augmented with agi+9 eva+20, you can even dualwield them if you don't have kannagi for a whopping 18agi 40eva just from weapons.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2011-04-09 18:31:29  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Fairy.Ghaleon said:
this is what i use for my eva set (which i only use if all shadows are down, which is almost never thanks to +1 shadows on ichi and ni.)

its a mix/hybrid set 21 haste with dualwield+ and gives around +80eva. i wouldn't worry about the 150agi since your going to hit that in abyssea with cruor buffs and GH atma.

note: sekka+2 is augmented with agi+9 eva+20, you can even dualwield them if you don't have kannagi for a whopping 18agi 40eva just from weapons.
Have you considered Antares as to remove any weakness to paralyze or blizzard spells? That drove me mad for a long time lol and it would boost subtle blow + crit rate more while keeping the same evasion. Only downfall is 5hp and sam can't use it pretty much lol

i had one but i sold it for gil back when it was 1m+ i have a signed SH+1 that i use that i'm never going to sell, so i just use that instead lol.

edit-
in abyssea your probably capping ddex with RR atma so no crit+ there, nin should be capping subtle blow as long as they have merited and using the 2 subtle blow+ spells as well as the gear listed above, not to mention the agi won't do much since your gonna hit the tp - cap for agi with cruor buffs, atmas. so yea, Antares isn't worth the price tag. considering SH+1 is 400k and Antares is almost 2m now on my server. (but if you have the money to spend, then by all means.)
 Asura.Yunalaysca
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-04-09 18:34:48  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Fairy.Ghaleon said:

Have you considered Antares as to remove any weakness to paralyze or blizzard spells? That drove me mad for a long time lol and it would boost subtle blow + crit rate more while keeping the same evasion. Only downfall is 5hp and sam can't use it pretty much lol
evasion augmented mirke

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-04-09 18:40:10  
antares still has more agi for subtle blow, and doesn't take up an augment on acp.

Post deleted by User.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2011-04-09 18:43:12  
gdi, i took too long to edit my post :(
 Siren.Kunimatsu
サーバ: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-04-09 18:43:26  
A lot of old content, and visions/scars of aby NMs will have a crappy hitrate on you in DD gear. Yonin, capped eva+merits and the +50 AGI from GH does a lot of the evading for you.

I would only consider fulltiming EVA gear against the harder NMs of abyssea solo/lowman. The more haste/dd gear+atma you use the faster you'll kill, which is far more beneficial than having excess eva you don't actually need.
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-04-09 18:48:03  
the more haste/dd gear and atma you use, the faster you'll kill... if you're not casting shadows. if you are casting shadows, you'll want to evade enough so you're not spending too much time casting utsu.
 Siren.Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-04-09 18:53:40  
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
the more haste/dd gear and atma you use, the faster you'll kill... if you're not casting shadows. if you are casting shadows, you'll want to evade enough so you're not spending too much time casting utsu.

I have 2 separate gear sets for casting ichi and Ni, Ni set has max haste with eva+ in slots with no haste, and ichi goes evasion+ heavy.
By Gimpness 2011-04-09 18:54:20  
Fairy.Ghaleon said:

that's basically mine... cept i'm too lazy to do sekka's and i use dusk and an eva/dw mirke. and ballerines, then swap into af3+2 for utsu. Well... now that i think about it all i really use for an eva set that's different from my normal tp set is an eva/dw mirke and ballerines...... lol...

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-04-09 18:54:42  
uh that has nothing to do with what i said

edit: that was at kunimatsu or w/e, damn you guys posting in between :(
 Siren.Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-04-09 18:56:58  
Oh you mean evading enough so shadows don't get eaten too fast?
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-04-09 18:58:28  
yeah

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-04-09 19:00:18  
Basicly just aim for 26% haste and put evasion and subtle blow in the other slots, and tada: You got yourself a nice eva-tankset :P
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-04-09 19:00:35  
why do people always think i'm a guy, that's clearly a girl taru in my avatar!
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-04-09 19:00:58  
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
why do people always think i'm a guy, that's clearly a girl taru in my avatar!

We all look the same :(
First Page 2