users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » spell cycle time
spell cycle time
 Titan.Gaiarorshack
サーバ: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: MiavPigen
By Titan.Gaiarorshack 2011-03-30 16:09:25  
from the start of you casting a spell until its ready again how long does it take

A: casting time + recast time
B: Recast time only

or put it otherwise

is recast timer counted from spell activated or spell landing ?

I wannan calculate how i get maximum output of cure spell so i need to know how those factors play correctly on the spell to spell delay
 Diabolos.Kiddo
サーバ: Diabolos
user: BKiddo
By Diabolos.Kiddo 2011-03-30 16:11:44  
Landing
 Titan.Gaiarorshack
By Titan.Gaiarorshack 2011-03-30 16:36:08  
so haste does not work on the entire recycle delay. sine it only works on the recast delay which is from the landing...

Meh that makes it difficult to calculate without knowing the proportion of casting time and recasting time
 Diabolos.Kiddo
サーバ: Diabolos
user: BKiddo
By Diabolos.Kiddo 2011-03-30 16:41:51  
I do not excell @ math/algebra. I know some peoples on here may be able to help, but not meh, sry.
 Fenrir.Enternius
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-03-30 16:44:41  
This was hard to understand, but I assume what you're asking about is, for instance Utsusemi: Ichi has a 30 second recast and 4 second cast time. That's a total of 34 seconds, not just 30.
 Titan.Gaiarorshack
By Titan.Gaiarorshack 2011-03-31 02:24:44  
Diabolos.Kiddo said:
I do not excell @ math/algebra. I know some peoples on here may be able to help, but not meh, sry.

i am actually trying to make an excel sheet to calculate how haste and fast reduces you recast time together.
and it works fine so far
But it does not take casting time into calculations so the calculations of improved "burst output" is wrong since it only calculated on recast delay.

if it was only recast dealy between starting a spell and its ready again

improving casting speed only would not improve the spell output per time unit.
and since my cure machine mule is nothing but a curebombing machine spell/min is a more important factor than just making them land faster.

Anyway TY for info
 Titan.Gaiarorshack
By Titan.Gaiarorshack 2011-03-31 02:30:45  
example

Cure IV
Casting Time: 2.5 seconds
Recast Time: 8 seconds

if i use cure clogs i remove 15% of the casting time
2.5secs* 0.15 = 0.375 shortning of the spell cycle delay

if i used blessed pumps i removed 2% of the recastt ime
8secs*0.02 = 0.16 secs shortening of the spell cycle delay

so if the coplete recycle time form startingh to cost to spell is avaible again is casting time + recasting time then cure clogs reduces that time more

however if recast timer stars at the start of casting the spell and not from landing casting time would no influence the cycle time and cure clogs would no help me at all to get more spells/min
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-31 02:39:42  
Recast is from when the spell lands.
 Titan.Gaiarorshack
By Titan.Gaiarorshack 2011-03-31 02:48:57  
cure clogs. just like merits in cure casting time does ONLY affect the casting time and not the recast time right ?

Haste only works on recast time and not casting time ?

fast cast works its entire value on casting time but half its value on recast time ?

just making sure i got it all right ^.^

oh and does cure casting stack UPON the fast cast or next to it like fast cast and haste stack next to each other (first one is taking into account and then the next)?
 Asura.Pergatory
サーバ: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2011-04-01 13:07:42  
I believe you're correct on all points. Haven't personally verified that cure cast does not affect recast, but I can vouch first-hand for the other two (fast cast works on both, but only half on recast, and haste works only on recast).
Titan.Gaiarorshack said:
oh and does cure casting stack UPON the fast cast or next to it like fast cast and haste stack next to each other (first one is taking into account and then the next)?
Nobody knows for sure, but my recent testing suggests that they compound rather than stack. For example, if you have -20% Cure Cast and 30% Fast Cast, you will get a (1 - 0.2)(1 - 0.3) = 0.56, or a total reduction of 44% instead of 50%.