フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Remora » Spider Webs and Rainbow Thread AH Prices
Spider Webs and Rainbow Thread AH Prices
 Remora.Hatcher
サーバ: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: hatcher
By Remora.Hatcher 2009-03-19 04:43:56  
ok...

So rainbow thread shoots up to 90k a stack last week... what happens? Everyone has now gone out to farm spiders and put stupid amounts of webs and rainbow thread on the ah causing the price to now drop down to less than 70k a stack for rainbow thread.

one question WTF!?

By all means, farm spiders!! Please put webs and thread on the ah... but do us all a favour and stop undercutting each other!!! Spider webs sell stupidly fast if anything raise the price on those!! As for the threads can we stop cutting the market?? if we all can agree to keep the price say above 80k this will be profitable forever!!! Any questions?
 Remora.Vindeel
user: vindeel
By Remora.Vindeel 2009-03-27 15:52:28  
Meh that blows. This happens all the time on warpcudgels. Was rly good gil a while but people undercut more and more. Its rly annyoing but hard to do anything about it. people want fast gil and when there is high supply this happens =/
 Remora.Hatcher
By Remora.Hatcher 2009-03-31 04:29:59  
into the 50s now >.>

I given up with them
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-31 04:37:09  
It's not even so much about wanting fast gil, it's about wanting gil at all. With a lot of items up, if you don't undercut, other people will and yours just won't sell. If it DOES sell, then it will often take quite a while because of all the people selling it for less than you. So if you farm often or are a crafter, then waiting around for a week for things to sell on AH just isn't an option, as you build up a back-log of other things to sell.
[+]
 Remora.Hatcher
By Remora.Hatcher 2009-03-31 06:32:33  
the thing i just dont get is why spider webs themselves stay at around 2k a web. so what happens? ah botters or some (always the same on my server) players buy em all up synth into rainbow thread (48k + crystals) and sell for the easy 10k profit.

Others like me, farm and merit their own webs for the full benefit. 60k profit.

I've seen people undercutting themselves in the ah, which is just dumb lol
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-31 07:37:18  
Hatcher said:
the thing i just dont get is why spider webs themselves stay at around 2k a web. so what happens? ah botters or some (always the same on my server) players buy em all up synth into rainbow thread (48k + crystals) and sell for the easy 10k profit.

Others like me, farm and merit their own webs for the full benefit. 60k profit.

I've seen people undercutting themselves in the ah, which is just dumb lol

I still don't understand why so many people insist on farming all their own ingredients. It makes sense because you can synth in the field, but at the same time, don't forget you're not farming 100% profit per se. You're farming x gil worth of ingredients, and turning it into y gil worth of sellable items. Now if in one hour farming, you can make x = 60k, which translates to y = 70k, you'll be much better off if you can farm something completely different which gets you 70k an hour. Then you can spend that 70k on the ingredients you would otherwise farm, and still synth it for that 10k profit.

That's a bad explanation, but basically, farming something cheap and shitty just because you can craft it into something more expensive, is less productive than farming something more expensive and buying the cheap and shitty item to synth.
[+]
 Remora.Vindeel
user: vindeel
By Remora.Vindeel 2009-04-06 09:40:36  
Blazza said:
It's not even so much about wanting fast gil, it's about wanting gil at all. With a lot of items up, if you don't undercut, other people will and yours just won't sell. If it DOES sell, then it will often take quite a while because of all the people selling it for less than you. So if you farm often or are a crafter, then waiting around for a week for things to sell on AH just isn't an option, as you build up a back-log of other things to sell.

Well yeah your right about that. What people need to do then is to keep items on store and move on to another market til it opens up again. Too bad few do that, including me. Sometimes its just too much work =/

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-06 09:56:22  
Tails said:
It's called supply and demand.

It's called retards. People that would rather short themselves then wait a day or so for their ***to sell, and screw everyone else over. Puk Wings on Fairy used to sell steadily for 14k a stack. Stupid *** undercutters drove the price down to 6k (!), and now, that's the price on 'em. Doesn't matter if there's 1 stack or 10 stacks, you ain't selling them for more then 6k.

So, good job undercutters, for removing yet another revenue stream...
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-06 10:00:09  
O.oa Who farms puks for anything anyway...?

And Rainbow Thread is 70k/stack on Fairy and 0 on AH. =)

*Makes a note to buy/farm webs to make some thread tonight when he gets home.*
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-06 10:03:20  
Tbest said:
O.oa Who farms puks for anything anyway...?

I wasn't farming them, but I trio'd on them for quite a while, so I would get a stack every 3 parties or so, the income was nice in that it paid for my food, and they sold just as fast at 14k/stack as they do now.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-06 10:06:41  
*Shudders.* I avoid anything with puks as much as I can. >.> I'd rather xp anywhere else but puks.
 Remora.Hatcher
By Remora.Hatcher 2009-04-06 10:09:05  
I've moved on to making bullets with my alchemy mule...

4 veteran crafts ftw!! lol
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-06 10:11:10  
Tbest said:
*Shudders.* I avoid anything with puks as much as I can. >.> I'd rather xp anywhere else but puks.

They're really not that bad as long as you don't fight them on windsday or lightsday. We were all piercing damage in my THF RNG DNC trio, so they went down pretty easy for us, and we got decent exp for a trio on 'em.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-06 10:11:53  
Hehehe. I hear that. <3 having access to 4 90+ crafts and an 80+ one.
 Remora.Hatcher
By Remora.Hatcher 2009-04-06 10:14:45  
yeah i am debating what i want to work on next, dont think i am ready for the gold road yet so either leather or smithing ...
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-06 10:20:06  
Yeah, we don't have those beyond 60 either. >.>