users online
hMP
First Page 2 3
 Phoenix.Fredjan
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-03-18 14:31:35  
just wondering, how many people have actually been looking into a post-abyssea scenario in case there's no rdm/brd?
I was thinking something like this:

of course, mirror tiara for those who don't have a refresh hairpin
[+]
By Jarvikk 2011-03-18 15:10:47  
I am not sure exactly what you are getting at...any magejob with any common sense has already evaluated/acquired everything in this set you show OR better....hMP inside OR outside of Abyssea is still hMP...
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Phix
サーバ: Bahamut
user: phix
By Bahamut.Phix 2011-03-18 15:16:49  
Jarvikk said:
I am not sure exactly what you are getting at...any magejob with any common sense has already evaluated/acquired everything in this set you show OR better....hMP inside OR outside of Abyssea is still hMP...
Well as true as that may be many of us that played while we had no minikin / heavens etc ,
But a large amount of people quite frankly are screwed if we do get out side content due to hmp sets being inadequate.
[+]
 Phoenix.Lithical
By Phoenix.Lithical 2011-03-19 19:49:07  
abyssea gave reason to not have an hmp set?
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-03-19 20:01:35  
Whats hmp?

Oh, it's inventory +09458094368.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dionikes
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Dionikes
By Bahamut.Dionikes 2011-03-19 20:02:13  
Phoenix.Lithical said:

Well of course you dont hmp IN abyssea. I'm shitting mp on mage. Outside abyssea post 90+ content we will see. Even then, hmp set is situational, the game has become a bit faster and more fluid and i dont find myself resting much, even outside abyssea.
[+]
 Cerberus.Mystina
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Lede
By Cerberus.Mystina 2011-03-19 20:02:15  
It's still naive to not keep a HMP set, for the few times and things you do outside of abyssea. Based on the new update, might be possible to have things outside abyssea again.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-03-19 20:05:14  
Who ever said we'll get post-abyssea content? Even current content outside abyssea..there's nothing to do.

Oh, yeah, speculation. Sure, hmp might be useful again if that happens. Until then, the shits trash.
[+]
 Phoenix.Lithical
By Phoenix.Lithical 2011-03-19 20:06:33  
Cerberus.Mystina said:
It's still naive to not keep a HMP set

and using inventory as a reason just makes you sound like the idiots who sub rdm
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Terribleone
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Terribleone 2011-03-19 20:09:21  
This is the hMP set I use on my WHM. Yes, I do use it in Abyssea too. I only have MM for a Refresh Atma. I could improve it, but +55 hMP is pretty good for now.

Sylph.Krsone
サーバ: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-03-19 20:44:07  
Leviathan.Hohenheim said:
Whats hmp? Oh, it's inventory +09458094368.

Phoenix.Lithical said:

Inside abyssea as blm/rdm and even moreso as rdm/??? a HMP set is the least used set imo and if you are pushed for space then pieces in this set arent as favourable to keep in your inventory over other gear. Probably down to us getting more gear particularly situational gear like zodiac ring and twilight cape which doesnt replace an existing piece of gear whilst still being restricted by 80 inventory space limit.

Anyway my build for BLU/RDM/BLM is :

Just realised before I clicked submit this was a whm thread, well all gear in the build is still equippable by whm. Bit dated now but may give a few ideas assuming people click on a thread titled "hMP" to check a few builds out. Needs work but not a particularly high priority atm.
[+]
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-03-19 20:46:13  
IDK if hMP set is useful in Abyssea. If you're losing so much MP in Abyssea, do you even have the time to rest?
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-03-19 20:46:15  
I don't even think it's possible to be out of mp in abyssea ever. You have temps, stacked with at least +10 refresh, and if needed, just kill a nq mob and get a temp chest or a full restore one...
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-03-19 20:50:56  
I've ran really low before (less than 30%) but that was before Temps, so not counting the 1k+ in MP you'd get with Lucid ethers and Elixers.

And the only mob that'll push me down that low is the Ironclad in Uleg, otherwise, I don't dip that low often.
 Titan.Bomber
サーバ: Titan
user: Bomber
By Titan.Bomber 2011-03-19 20:56:52  
I don't even think it's possible to be out of mp in abyssea ever. You have temps, stacked with at least +10 refresh, and if needed, just kill a nq mob and get a temp chest or a full restore one...
It IS possible to run out of MP as a suicide BLM using Ultima atma ^_^ Im a Taru and have 1100-1300MP inside aby w/ MM+ultima+Beyond

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-19 21:11:22  
Titan.Bomber said:
It IS possible to run out of MP as a suicide BLM using Ultima atma ^_^ Im a Taru and have 1100-1300MP inside aby w/ MM+ultima+Beyond
my sch has been forced to convert multiple times in abyssea, and rest when the timer is down, sublimation is great, but you can easily dump so much mp so fast even with good refresh gear/atma. whm and blm are no exceptions.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-03-19 21:13:40  
Which then you have temps and can kill one mob for temp/restore chest ;o

Idk, but hmp has probably no use inside abyssea. At least, I have never encountered the need.
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-19 21:15:22  

Idk, but hmp has probably no use inside abyssea. At least, I have never encountered the need.
then you were either slacking or only used your mage for exp parties, it's very easy for a typical blm to slack off and get away with it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-03-19 21:18:28  
Asura.Yunalaysca said:

then you were either slacking or only used your mage for exp parties, it's very easy for a typical blm to slack off and get away with it.

I'm talking about whm. My blm doesnt have much use outside of procs. And I haven't done an xp pt in god knows how long for xp.
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-19 21:22:01  
whm really isnt exception, our career whm in our shell is forced to rest often due to how much he puts out for sex healing/buffing/debuffing etc etc. not to mention you are not likely to get your party rounded together all that often, which atleast doubles your mp output.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-03-19 21:23:16  
you must have shitty melees then lol
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-19 21:24:54  
hardly, there is plenty of occasions where things dont go the way you want it to, killing Rani without brew is an example.
[+]
 Phoenix.Lithical
By Phoenix.Lithical 2011-03-19 21:27:18  
shitty melees are the ones who ride seigan and /nin. and hmp sets are nice with extended fights (psyche suction happy ulhuadshis that take forever to kill?, rani, etc). they're not as useful as they are outside abyssea, but not having one just makes you look incompetent
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-03-19 21:27:25  
don't see how stuffs getting *** up so much, outside of non-brewing rani
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-03-19 21:28:54  
Phoenix.Lithical said:
shitty melees are the ones who ride seigan and /nin. and hmp sets are nice with extended fights (psyche suction happy ulhuadshis that take forever to kill?, rani, etc). they're not as useful as they are outside abyssea, but not having one just makes you look incompetent

lol incompetent..i got rid of my hmp set because there was precisely no reason for it anymore. i don't know what your guys' bone is for hmp or the situations in which you need them.
[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
サーバ: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-03-19 21:29:29  
Titan.Bomber said:

All blms use those 3 atma he knows this and as blm/rdm with refresh1 up and minkin, whatever you are doing in abyssea you should still never really need to use a HMP build much. Unless youre gonna totally clear your mp pool convert do it again, manafont revitalizer repeat use all other temps, have dried all other means of getting mp such as martellos/aspir then you might want to rest.

This would only be possible on an NM anyway or a series of nms where you arent getting temps/2hr chests between kills personally for me this is only time ive considered resting. Just Killing regular mobs on a mage job youd be getting chests so refreshed ja's/more temps and no real reason to need to rest.

Oh and suicide blm? Either get a better tank, ease off dmg a bit the fight probably doesnt need to be rushed that fast, or its a kited fight and theres no reason for you to die whatever your mp expenditure and remember emnity douse.
[+]
 Cerberus.Mystina
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Lede
By Cerberus.Mystina 2011-03-19 21:29:57  
Phoenix.Lithical said:
Cerberus.Mystina said:
It's still naive to not keep a HMP set

and using inventory as a reason just makes you sound like the idiots who sub rdm

Allow me to rephrase what i said then:

NONE HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE whms aren't navie and won't just "scrap" a healing MP set, no one said keep it on you full time, but don't just "get rid" of it" infact, the "idioits are the people who don't even bother with them, i rarely use mine, but i wont be stupid enough to get rid of it.

Hence the "naive" part.
 Phoenix.Bohgo
user: Bohgo
By Phoenix.Bohgo 2011-03-20 12:18:15  
Due to inventory issues and being too lazy to swap gear from my Mog Sack to rest, I use Orison Bliaud +2 and Serpentes outside of Abyssea. Everything else is similar. I will use refresh/+hMP Stearc Subligar if I ever get it.
First Page 2 3