users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » BST Pets and Random Special Abilities
BST Pets and Random Special Abilities
 Carbuncle.Sterling
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2009-03-14 16:13:37  
I was wondering if anyone knew exactly why a BST pet sometimes randomly performs its Sic ability when Sic has not been used (this does not count the act of using it early or on a prevous mob that was killed before the Sic could be used). I actually just had an incident where my pet randomly used its ability right before I used Sic, resulting in two of the same ability within 2 seconds of each other. This has happened before and I'm certainly not complaining, but this has been a pain in the past with pets randomly performing AoE abilities.

User submitted image
 Unicorn.Nibibi
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Nibibi 2009-03-14 16:20:18  
If you use sic and the pet doesn't have 100+ TP it will wait until it does to use an ability. This can result in a large time delay between the use of sic and the pet using the ability. But that makes this case seems even more strange since the pet usually needs 100+ TP to use an ability. I'm not sure what kind of TP return claw cyclone gives to a pet, but I'd imagine it isn't so much that it could do another ability one second later.
 Carbuncle.Sterling
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2009-03-14 17:03:59  
I'm thinking now that its either some glitch or just a buildup or an automatic thing that happens after the pet has had 300% TP after a long period of time. This happened after Saber had the 300% TP available for a long while, which usually seems to be the case when it does happen. I rarely find it happening with charmed pets when exping due to the short amount of time they stay charmed.
 Bahamut.Danagon
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Danagon
By Bahamut.Danagon 2009-03-14 17:07:08  
i heard about this but first time seeing it, if anything ima think its a glitch
 Bahamut.Danagon
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Danagon
By Bahamut.Danagon 2009-03-14 17:14:47  
tho now i think about it CORs QD gets 2 shots so we could get 2 sics in a way
 Odin.Aramina
サーバ: Odin
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-03-14 17:20:28  
Actually, at the levels before you had Sic, a pet could use TP randomly, but usually would not until it had a lot of it for a while.

That seemed to stop after learning Sic, but maybe it's glitched in campaign.

Otherwise, what was already said about using it before 100% TP (not on a blm pet), it will use it when it hits 100
 Seraph.Tarstark
サーバ: Seraph
user: Tarstark
By Seraph.Tarstark 2009-03-14 19:31:17  
The mayfly does it as well., I've seen it do 2 cursed spheres one after another.
Which does look cool.
 Seraph.Xdudemanx
サーバ: Seraph
user: xdudemanx
By Seraph.Xdudemanx 2009-03-14 21:12:02  
hmmm...my pet does that sometimes too when its paralyzed...its rare though....but im not sure if paralyze causes that to happen or if its just some random glitch....ive used sic before and pet wouldnt use sic cuz it was paralyzed..then used it on another mob at start of fight...but its happened even when pet wasnt paralyzed