New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Kamome Vs. Oirandori
Kamome Vs. Oirandori
 Asura.Yunalaysca
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-02 17:37:16  
i'd like to know if anyone has done the math between both of these katanas while you have an additional 2-3 people meleeing on the same mob for inside and outside abyssea. the Nin in question uses GH and RR atmas.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-02 17:58:12  
Do we even know how Oirandori works? Like does it add to or seperate from Ddex?
 Fairy.Ghaleon
サーバ: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2011-03-02 18:06:33  
kamome should still win for offhand. but if the nin has nothing better to use w/ main hand then Oirandori+kamome would not be a bad combo at all. since both are low delay katanas.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-02 18:07:35  
I think she was asking for overall party since brought up other people meleeing on it too
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-02 18:17:16  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
I think she was asking for overall party since brought up other people meleeing on it too
^

it's seperate from dex, from my understanding it increases the melee-er's crit rate by 10-15%
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-02 18:19:12  
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
^

it's seperate from dex, from my understanding it increases the melee-er's crit rate by 10-15%
If true that is friggin rediculous. Actually possibly better than kamomone even with just nin on it situationally. Assuming the proc rate is good
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2011-03-02 18:27:08  
ive been using the ori/kam combo while making my kanagi
its nice, hit nicer jins with the effect on then without from looking at my parses
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-03-02 18:46:24  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
^

If true that is friggin rediculous. Actually possibly better than kamomone even with just nin on it situationally. Assuming the proc rate is good
The proc rate is pretty meh, I'd say 1% proc rate which isn't that bad seeing as how fast we attack on ninja. It seems to proc every 2~3 mobs when killing things solo, and procs occasionally on nms.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-02 18:48:50  
Well at that low I'd definitely say it sucks... just get a dnc to feather step!
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-02 19:08:47  
Cerberus.Wolfshadow said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
^

The proc rate is pretty meh, I'd say 1% proc rate which isn't that bad seeing as how fast we attack on ninja. It seems to proc every 2~3 mobs when killing things solo, and procs occasionally on nms.
you sure you aren't just having bad luck or something of that nature? i've observed much higher proc rates.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-02 19:09:24  
PARSE OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-03-02 19:16:59  
I agree...1% is ridiculous. I use it and it procs a lot more than that. I'll do a parse next time i'm on nin and post it here if someone else doesn't beat me to it. Did a popped NM in tahrongi and it proc'd like 5 different times in 30seconds...I see a lot higher than 1% whenever I use it.