users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Blade Jin
Blade Jin
 Siren.Shihan
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: shihan
By Siren.Shihan 2011-03-01 13:35:37  
Just got my Iga +1 head and I was wondering. For Jin. Shura head or Iga+1? Rest of the gear is basic. Haub+1 byakkos thunder ring etc. Have RR, Have Stout Arm. Not sure what I should use.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-03-01 13:42:31  
Aias Bonnet. It's got a good drop rate, easy fight just proc blue!! check it out.

If I could only choose between the 2 you listed I would go with Iga +1. For Atmas you should use Razed Ruins, Gnarled Horn and Atma of Apocalypse.

If you don't have Gnarled Horn go get it in place of Stout Arm. If you have VV I would use that over Stout Arm until you get Gnarled Horn. If you don't have Apocalypse yet I would go RR/GH/VV until you do.

Good luck :)
 Siren.Shihan
By Siren.Shihan 2011-03-01 13:50:00  
Have Gnarled Horn. I use it with RR and SA. 4 Curatae and 1 zone win till I can try for APOC. I'll take a look into Aias. Thanks
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-03-01 16:18:25  
Use GH, not SA. Try for a Loki's body instead of Hauby.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-03-01 16:42:01  
Ragnarok.Nemesio said:
Use GH, not SA.

yea i said that twice i'm not sure why he ignored it :P
 Siren.Shihan
By Siren.Shihan 2011-03-02 10:02:18  
Im not ignoring anything. I use RR Stout Arm and GH as my 3 untill apoc. Working on Loki's 0/6 so far with blu and th

*edit* I dont have VV so thats why I use Stout Arm. Just wanted to clarify that. Working on that as well.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-03-02 10:38:18  
oh i misunderstood then <3 :P GL on Loki my LS had little better drop rates than that with blue must just be a bit of a bad luck streak you'll get it :)
 Cerberus.Lightvision
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Lightvision 2011-03-03 07:34:31  
Ragnarok.Nemesio said:

i tried using loki's for jin and was very disapointed, it dropped my average WS from 3.2k to 2.4k and that was compaird with Iga Ningi+2 whish is far better than hauby(+1) as far as i noticed

as far as atma's go RR/GH/Apoc is by far the best combination for jin, if you do not have Apoc i'd strongly suggest VV over anything else

and yeah i will agree Aias Bonnet is prob the best WS head piece for jin overall
 Siren.Shihan
By Siren.Shihan 2011-03-03 13:16:01  
I gotta tell you lightvision... I work for a company called Light Visions... kinda creepy.. lol
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-03 14:56:01  
Iga +2 is better than Loki's when you're not capping pDIF and critrate, but not by 33% >_> Eyeballing much?
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-03 15:02:52  
Cerberus.Lightvision said:
i tried using loki's for jin and was very disapointed, it dropped my average WS from 3.2k to 2.4k and that was compaird with Iga Ningi+2 whish is far better than hauby(+1) as far as i noticed

I suddenly crave an Iga Ningi+2 right now. Adds 33% to my previous WS damage? I'm sold.
 Ramuh.Yarly
サーバ: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2011-03-03 15:03:55  
Does Anwig Salade beat out Aias Bonnet with some certain combination of stats?

str/agi vs str/dex vs dex/agi vs aias bonnet
 Ifrit.Herc
サーバ: Ifrit
user: kametas44
By Ifrit.Herc 2011-03-03 15:13:04  
Ragnarok.Nemesio said:

as far as atma's go RR/GH/Apoc is by far the best combination for jin, if you do not have Apoc i'd strongly suggest VV over anything else

and yeah i will agree Aias Bonnet is prob the best WS head piece for jin overall

^ this... Hauby is def better for jin until u get af body +1 or 2.... Lokis is the best blade: Hi body though...not for jin
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-03-03 15:16:48  
I personally always say better numbers with Loki. Also had Haub+1 and Ningi+2.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-03 15:18:52  
Ifrit.Herc said:
Ragnarok.Nemesio said:

^ this... Hauby is def better for jin until u get af body +1 or 2.... Lokis is the best blade: Hi body though...not for jin

Let's be realistic here, Loki's beats Haub unless you actually need accuracy for some reason.

Ramuh.Yarly said:
Does Anwig Salade beat out Aias Bonnet with some certain combination of stats?

str/agi vs str/dex vs dex/agi vs aias bonnet
DEX/AGI came out on top in my calculations provided you're not WSing in Loki's, at least inside Abyssea. STR/AGI is very slightly ahead of Aias under the same conditions and equal or better than DEX/AGI if using Loki's.
 Ifrit.Herc
サーバ: Ifrit
user: kametas44
By Ifrit.Herc 2011-03-03 15:26:34  
I agree lokis will out perform hauby on jin... But AF3+1 or +2 is the def superior
By richwood 2011-03-03 15:39:56  
Ifrit.Herc said:
I agree lokis will out perform hauby on jin... But AF3+1 or +2 is the def superior

I have both Loki's and AF+2

The both seem to preform in testing about the same, Loki's is slightly ahead. But only buy about .5% on avg damage over an hour or so of WS in Abyssea.