users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Fairy » WoG and GC
WoG and GC
 Fairy.Nirrvana
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Nirrvana
By Fairy.Nirrvana 2009-03-10 09:10:06  
Ok, so I'm working on getting my coffer for PLD head AF. I am of course having trouble because I can't get enough people to help with gate breech. So...during a party yesterday I was told by someone that you can do it by going into the past with carnation flowers.

I have spent very little time in the WoG areas and am wondering if this is actually true. I checked Atlas and it doesn't show coffers on the map.

Am I missing something or was this dude just pulling my leg?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-03-10 09:13:38  
You can do it, but I'm not 150% sure how it works.

There are flower NPC's in the past (Lycopodium's or whatever they're called) and you can trade flowers to them and they'll transport you to the same spot in the present.

I've never done it, personally, so I'm just going off what others have told me.

As for getting there, you can take the Sauromongue Campaign [S] Maw to present Maw and run up into Garlaige behind Gate #3.
 Cerberus.Quipto
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2009-03-10 09:20:38  
you need to activate the lycopodium "light" in the past before you are able to use it in the present. the light is located by the 3rd banishing gate. you will need to go to GC in the past and exit where the maw is. use the maw then re-enter GC in the present and make your way towards the light. trade it a single Amaryllis. then presto, youre behind banishing gate #3.
 Fairy.Nirrvana
By Fairy.Nirrvana 2009-03-10 09:30:31  
>< thanks...I'm probably going to die doing this huh? lol I totally don't know my way around over there but I guess I'll try it out.

Thanks all!!
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-03-10 09:35:31  
Well, in GC[S], there's no mobs XD So you'll be safe until you get to the present.

Carry 1-2 stacks of prism powder and silent oil, and you should be fine XD with coffer repops every 5min now, you should be able to get it in no time at all!
 Fairy.Nirrvana
By Fairy.Nirrvana 2009-03-10 09:37:17  
Oh? No mobs...ok...that makes me feel better. I've gotten all the maws but that about the extent of my WoG knowledge.

Thanks so much. you have no idea how helpful this is!!
 Cerberus.Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2009-03-10 09:53:01  
lol, there ARE mobs in GC[S]. you will need sneak for bats and slime, and invis for yagudo that are right next to the 3rd banishing gate. the ones with the sword logo next to their name wont hurt you unless you attack them, or have tags on.
 Ifrit.Durai
サーバ: Ifrit
user: olan
By Ifrit.Durai 2009-03-10 09:55:27  
I did it by going to the past in another area, walking to SC, walking through GC. When you exit to SC, go to the present through the maw and walk back into GC. You're now behind the third gate if I'm not mistaken.

I figured this out after my LS decided to not help me.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-03-10 10:00:37  
Quipto said:
lol, there ARE mobs in GC[S]. you will need sneak for bats and slime, and invis for yagudo that are right next to the 3rd banishing gate. the ones with the sword logo next to their name wont hurt you unless you attack them, or have tags on.

Fair enough XD I've never noticed anything more than Campaign mobs (the ones with the swords) in GC[S], but I haven't really done much exploring, I only used it to go from GC[S] -> GC
 Cerberus.Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2009-03-10 10:02:41  
yeah, you dont see any mobs until you get deeper into it by the south gate. but you should only have to worry about those the one time you go that far in to activate the light.
 Fairy.Nirrvana
By Fairy.Nirrvana 2009-03-10 12:16:13  
thanks again everyone! I'm now wearing my PLD crown. I walked in and there was the coffer. This was SO much easier than doing a gate breech.

Woot!
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-03-10 12:20:06  
Awesome, Congratulations ^^
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-10 12:32:25  
Nirrvana said:
thanks again everyone! I'm now wearing my PLD crown. I walked in and there was the coffer. This was SO much easier than doing a gate breech.

Woot!

Congratulations!

Ya, you can't really depend on people to help with the banishing gates, especially #2 and #3. I shouted offering 10k each for 2 peeps to help me and a friend get through (trying to get my WHM AF hat) and STILL never got a response for 45 minutes. Much easier to go through the past to get behind 3 at least, like you learned ^^
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-03-10 13:27:47  
Nirrvana said:

Woot!

YAY GALLANT CORONET!!!! Great job, I wish you were on Ragnarok, I wouldn't mind helping a fellow Paladin with AF quests^^
 Fairy.Nirrvana
By Fairy.Nirrvana 2009-03-11 10:27:45  
Thanks again everyone. Yesterday was actually a great FF day, not only did I learn this little trick, not only did I walk in and get the coffer but I also had a 4 hour party that got me to 58 and now I'm on to my next coffer.

Maybe the FFXI Gods are finally answering my prayers?!

Let's hope so.