users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » thinking of leveling whm
thinking of leveling whm
 Bismarck.Reyke
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: reyke
By Bismarck.Reyke 2011-02-22 14:22:04  
I was thinking of leveling whm since blm is 90 now but whm arent exactly known for dmg I was reading on wiki that Afflatus Solace can make holy do more dmg by how much hp you cure? If thats true as a whm what is the most you have done or seen someone do with holy?
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-02-22 14:25:36  
I'm sure you could do a lot with Atma's and what not.

But if you're lvling whm for holy damage then I think you might be doing it wrong.

Holy for Prock onry.
[+]
 Siren.Demetreos
サーバ: Siren
user: Riggy
By Siren.Demetreos 2011-02-22 14:28:27  
Yeah, only damage I ever get asked to do on WHM is staff WS or light spells for weakness.
[+]
By Everdyne 2011-02-22 14:29:11  
Inside abyssea I've done upwards of like 1500+, outside of abyssea I've done about 900+ with Holy/Solace. That's with a MaB+MND build I have and provided the mob isn't strong to light. lol I don't think Holy is just for proc as a previous poster said. It has it's uses. Things going haywire at 1% on a mob? No problem, holy and it's dead. It's also a great MB tool. I do everything with a low man group of 2-6, so for us, ever little bit helps.

The way Solace works with Holy: potency bonus to the spell based on the amount of HP you restore. The record of accumulated HP is reset upon use. With a maximum charge, damage dealt is multiplied by approximately 3.5-4x.
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-02-22 14:29:12  
I think the most I've ever done with Holy was around 900 damage, pretty sure it was on a Lightsday too. But along with Zorander, if Holy damage is your biggest concern, might not be the job for you.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-02-22 14:37:02  
Needs moar banish4, 5, ga3, ga4, and Holy II, and uncap merit categories so we can merit banish potency kthxs.
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-02-22 14:43:39  
Leviathan.Hohenheim said:
Needs moar banish4, 5, ga3, ga4, and Holy II, and uncap merit categories so we can merit banish potency kthxs.
Shhh SE will hear you and of all the players out there that give them good ideas they will ignore them all and do just this.

Edit: for the record SE I am ok if you listen to the whole part about the uncapping merits. Needs to be done.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2011-02-22 15:16:48  
Bismarck.Reyke said:
I was thinking of leveling whm since blm is 90 now but whm arent exactly known for dmg I was reading on wiki that Afflatus Solace can make holy do more dmg by how much hp you cure? If thats true as a whm what is the most you have done or seen someone do with holy?

I honestly don't know the max dmg I've done on Holy, and frankly don't care for the spell as much as I like Banish3.

If your looking for advice on starting whm for max holy dmg, then you're definitely starting for the wrong reasons.

whm is a fun gig, pre-and-post abyssea, I recommend starting off as whm/nin since thats where the real fun is. ;)
 Bismarck.Reyke
サーバ: Bismarck
user: reyke
By Bismarck.Reyke 2011-02-22 15:19:25  
Bahamut.Zorander said:

But if you're lvling whm for holy damage then I think you might be doing it wrong.

Holy for Prock onry.

Im leveling it for a healer since I have a dd already but like I said its nice to do a little dmg every now and then.
 Asura.Hoshiku
サーバ: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2011-02-22 17:29:31  
Whm can be fun to DD with but I don't know that I'd pick holy as a primary source of dmg (i agree it's useful at a 1% wipe or just for lulz on a magic burst but the long recast makes it difficult to work with). I think if you're looking to have fun damaging things as whm you should consider melee whm and look into hexastrike builds.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-02-22 21:23:40  
I did a 1.1k Holy on Fafnir at 75. I don't experiment with damage much though. Holy can do more than banish I think, just all depends on your stats. I'm no expert so I wont try to give advice.

I love whm melee and I have sam too. There is just something about being the weakling and coming out on top in a hard fight (I don't care if a melee can kill it in 10 seconds in abyssea~). WHM melee is about the challenge, not the efficiency. Some people seem to forget that.
[+]