Stereotypical Gamers - Article Mentions FFXI

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Stereotypical Gamers - Article mentions FFXI
Stereotypical Gamers - Article mentions FFXI
 Garuda.Valdrake
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Valdrake
By Garuda.Valdrake 2009-03-09 14:16:05  
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Seeing as how I'm unemployed atm, I kinda fit the stereotype in that article. My family gets on my ***about my loads of FFXI playing, but I'm like "What the *** else am I supposed to do?! I HAVE NO GODDAMN JOB!!!" I mean, I spend my mornings turning in apps and submitting resumes and ***, but since the entire job market is in the shitter right now I don't ever hear anything back...I've actually been in retail management so long that I think people consider me overqualified for anything that isn't mgmt, but ya know, I'd be a *** cashier at this point, I really dont care...

Sadly I know how you feel. like Artemicion said that is the american sterotype... my mornings are spent the same way, job apps. and everything. I think i've reached desperation to take a job at McDonalds... ugh... rather not, but hey if i can get a job fliping burgers right now its money in the bank.

I do have to say FFXI I love it alot, but it does have its addicting moments. and Like all mmo's you just have to know when to walk away, and when to take a break.
 Shiva.Phioness
サーバ: Shiva
user: Phioness
By Shiva.Phioness 2009-03-09 14:17:57  
When I 1st started playing FFXI it was in 2004. I was tired of getting laid off from jobs, companies going under, and wanted to take a break from it all. So I pulled all my saving out, and read books/played Diablo II, then switched to FFXI. I did nothing but play basketball with friends, read books and play FFXI for a whole year, and even though I only left my room to play basketball, I liked playing FFXI for 8-16 hrs a day.

I started working at Game Crazy in 2006 and loved selling video games. The job was awesome, I got all sorts of cool game stuff, and made good money on commission. I moved in with my GF and started playing FFXI again. I would play my game at night and since the sex with her was lousy, I would pass it up to level a job (yes it was that bad.) The game was really cool when I started talking with people on Teamspeak and developing friends. I was talking with people all over the US and some blokes in Britain. W/O the talking the game is tough to take interest in. Its the interaction with people that makes it fun and intriguing.

Then I lost my job, so while looking for work I played the hell out of the game. Now I go to college, excercise regularly, and work for Uncle Sam again, but I still want to get back on and chat with friends and play the hell out of the game. Since I have been playing games for 24 yrs (just turned 30 3/7), I can't get enough of them. I burned through 3 Atarri 2600's in my 1st week, and we finally put a fan on it to keep it cool. FFVII I played for 3 straight days and had the worst Migraine of my life. FFXI I'll play until my friends quit (the game w/o friends is just an empty shell (pun intended). Point being some of us love games, for others its a passion. I'm a book/game/sci-fi geek for life, and the pursuit of my passions (Including work on a Sci-Fi novel) is what makes me happy. I'm glad im fanatical about games rather than meth or gambling or overeating, its healthy as long as you don't loose to much of your humanity in the process as seen in the above mentioned article.

Starcraft scene
[i]PATROLLING IN HUMVEE[/I]
Lester: Hey Sarge, why we always gotta listen to this ***for anyway?
Humvee Sergeant: Cause I'm in charge here, that's why!
Lester: Aw, that don't seem like no kinda good reason to me...
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-03-09 15:03:20  
Phioness said:
I'm glad im fanatical about games rather than meth or gambling or overeating, its healthy as long as you don't loose to much of your humanity in the process as seen in the above mentioned article.

^^
 Ramuh.Jennii
サーバ: Ramuh
user:
By Ramuh.Jennii 2009-03-09 15:40:19
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

I play FFXI, so I MUST like dry cereal and work part-time at a movie theater.

Not to mention my mom's name is Kitty.
 Asura.Celene
サーバ: Asura
user: Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-03-09 16:01:53  
Alyria said:
lol well I had cancelled a date to keep xping once

I don't know how many times I did that to people I would date in my mid teens, lol.

"Oh I'm sorry... I'm not feeling very well tonight. We will have to sort something out another time"
*goes back to EXPing*

>.> <.<
 Caitsith.Unafae
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Unafae
By Caitsith.Unafae 2009-03-09 16:06:27  
Artemicion said:
The good news is the school and skill training institutes is at an all time high. Meaning more and more people will get the education and skills needed to fill in the holes for more jobs that require specific qualifications. Unfortunately when the problem is based on economics, you could still be SOL. I have plenty of college educated friends, bachelor and master's degrees and can't get into anything. Not to mention they over-qualify for the small stuff. It's really sad.

Yups I'm in this too I have my BS in Social Work and in Psych yet I can't get a job sooo sucks. So y not play FF lol
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-09 16:08:55  
Unafae said:
Yups I'm in this too I have my BS in Social Work and in Psych yet I can't get a job sooo sucks. So y not play FF lol

Exactly! Getting laid off got me like 40 levels on DNC, 20 on WHM, 0-80 in cooking skill, and ***TONS of quests done lol
 Caitsith.Unafae
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Unafae
By Caitsith.Unafae 2009-03-09 16:24:47  
lol I have 95.8 cooking atm and working on RDM next week going from 60-75 if it kills me!!!
 Lakshmi.Wardens
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-03-09 16:46:33  
Haseyo said:
I actually didn't want to go to my family's house because I was invited to an exp party. ; ;

Oh, this was on Christmas.

Lmao!! That kinda crap has happened to me before xD get an xp pt or CoP run and I don't wanna do anything.. hahaha

but i'm not as bad as i was ;P now its friends > ffxi half the time xD
but its still ffxi > homework about 9/10 >.>;