users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Which Katana Set
Which Katana Set
 Fenrir.Curty
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2011-02-15 08:43:37  
Was looking for any thoughts on what would be the best set of katana to use until I finish kannagi. Don't have time for ToM at the moment so let's limit the argument to these three:

Hochomasamune http://www.ffxiah.com/item/19282/hochomasamune
Kamome http://www.ffxiah.com/item/19287/kamome
Oirandori http://www.ffxiah.com/item/19291/oirandori
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-02-15 08:50:05  
Kamome off hand deffinetly... not sure which would win out it main but id lean towards the hochomasamune
 Fenrir.Curty
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2011-02-15 08:59:10  
Weird haha, in my thought I was leaning towards: Oirandori/Kamome > Hocho/Oriandori > Hocho/Kamome but I could be underestimating the boost to crit damage and overestimating the DoT power of Oirandori.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-15 09:06:48  
hochomasamune is for fastcast, i'd do oirandori/kamome in abyssea at least if you're not worried about fc. outside the crit damage from kamome's not as much of a boost so hocho/oirandori might be better.
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-02-15 09:15:33  
Oiradonri/Kamome would probably get your mroe damage the hocho main but it will depend on what your doing and such... if your just going straight up helms > skins then oira probably better but Hocho is nice for the long run since im sure theres still times where some fastcast would be welcome
 Phoenix.Hagino
サーバ: Phoenix
user: hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2011-02-15 19:43:36  
i personally like the hocho/kamome while working on kannagi
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-02-15 23:33:30  
You really shouldn't need the fastcast from Hocho. More damage will make your fights fast. Which when you are doing 25-40 Briarius, speed matters.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-02-15 23:37:26  
oirandori/kamome >>> hochomasamune/kamome > etc
 Lakshmi.Galith
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2011-02-16 02:02:16  
Oiran/Kamome is what I would go for. You'll do more damage and keep hate better because you're swinging so fast. Hocho is helpful when casting Ichi but it has 32 more delay, lower damage, and it's a pain in the *** to do VNMs. If you need the training wheels go for the hocho there's no shame and when you're ready you can get the kannagi and press z to make your dreams come true.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-16 02:07:29  
Lakshmi.Galith said:
Oiran/Kamome is what I would go for. You'll do more damage and keep hate better because you're swinging so fast. Hocho is helpful when casting Ichi but it has 32 more delay, lower damage, and it's a pain in the *** to do VNMs. If you need the training wheels go for the hocho there's no shame and when you're ready you can get the kannagi and press z to make your dreams come true.
hochomasamune has one more base damage than oirandori, unless you meant dps (which i figured you didn't because you already mentioned the delay)
 Lakshmi.Galith
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2011-02-16 02:09:49  
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Lakshmi.Galith said:
hochomasamune has one more base damage than oirandori, unless you meant dps (which i figured you didn't because you already mentioned the delay)

It was more in reference to the dps and increased critical hits.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-16 03:28:46  
I've used Hochomasamune exactly once since I completed my AGI Sekka +2 (which I mainhanded til 85 Kannagi), and that was for skilling Ninjutsu. Oirandori/Kamome all the way.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-16 15:39:45  
nice heads up on the Killakriq, I neglected to see this Katana, I thought everyone was going Hocho is no Sekka or Kannagi.
 Cerberus.Nexxus
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Orions
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2011-02-17 03:50:13  
0/20 on hocho with some trigger/TH, i wished i had it for NM that doesnt miss me and attack fast. but actually i'm main hand sekka +2 (AGI/eva) and sub either kamome/another sekka +2 (eva/agi).

i'm trying to get the Oirandori till i end kannagi (85). 0/2 atm.