New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Subtle Blow
Subtle Blow
 Bismarck.Sesshomaru
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Sesshomaru 2011-01-17 16:12:43  
I've got a few questions about the Subtle Blow cap. Does anyone know just how much Subtle Blow + Myoshu: Ichi gives? And also because SE changed it so AGI reduces the amount of TP you feed a mob, does this factor into your overall Subtle Blow cap of 50%? I'm just wondering if NIN even really needs any Subtle Blow+ gear anymore, or if stacking it is just a waste. Thanks in advance~
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-17 16:17:33  
AGI is calculated separately. Myoshu is 10 SB, and iirc it does factor into the cap.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sesshomaru
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sesshomaru 2011-01-17 16:22:20  
Alrighty, sweet. Thank you for the speedy response.
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-01-17 16:25:37  
What I've read is that subtle blow caps at 50% and tp reduction due to AGI caps at 50%. These effects are multiplicative, meaning the highest possible TP reduction is 75%
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-17 16:28:51  
But does the agi effect other things... like say tp given from spells?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-17 16:42:47  
If my experiences learning spells were any indication, yes. Dia spam was feeding noticeably less TP.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-17 16:45:41  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
If my experiences learning spells were any indication, yes. Dia spam was feeding noticeably less TP.

It made learning BLU spells a miserable experience.
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2011-01-18 08:57:32  
Phoenix.Kirana said:
What I've read is that subtle blow caps at 50% and tp reduction due to AGI caps at 50%. These effects are multiplicative, meaning the highest possible TP reduction is 75%
Need to factor Yurin and Penance as well, in addition to that 75%. They work differently, but the result is the same. I.e. the target gets less TP/more slowly.

Well, all of this supposing Yurin is the same as Penance, they might be different or having different power/effects as far as I know. The name of the debuff is the same.

Read some contrasting data concerning Myoshu though, on Alla (I think?) there was someone who posted data suggesting Myoshu wasn't straight subtle Blow, but something different with similar effects, since thanks to that you were able to give the mob less TP than you would normally do at the 50% cap.