users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » M.Def Set
M.Def Set
First Page 2
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2011-01-13 07:15:36  
Lookin to make a M.Def setup for my NIN... I have one for my PLD, but my NIN cant use more then half the gear on it :|.

Pieces I have so far:
Lamian Kaman +1
Merman's Ring
Shadow Ring
Coral Earring x2
Twilight Torque

These are all the pieces I can think of offhand. What other pieces can I get, aside from obviously upgrading those Coral Earrings to Merman's Earring? AH-able first as thats what I'd like to wear until I can obtain the NM and such gear. Also, not looking into going for dual Sekka +2 for M.def set... at least not yet, nor ever since its stupid light weather lol D:.
 Luz
By Luz 2011-01-13 07:26:38  
Well if you ever got to the point you needed a weapon and don't have capped MDT Oupire was easily duoable by an evasive job + RDM at 85. At 90 probably a complete joke. Of course the damage on it is not great though.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2011-01-13 07:30:15  
update: grabbed a Lamian Mantle +1 (could've sworn i had one, but i cant find it anywhere :|)

Might look into Oupire soon.

TBH, it doesnt look like NIN can wear a lot of mdef gear, at least whats listed on wiki, which hasnt updated much since 75+... so missing out on a lot as is. Need to check the MDT- list D:.

Also, does anyone know if DT- caps at the same as MDT?

Example: Shellra V (capped) + 20% MDT- and 5% DT- would be cap correct?
 Luz
By Luz 2011-01-13 07:32:05  
Yeah, the only difference between DT and MDT/PDT is it applies to both. It is still subject to the cap though.
 Siren.Kunimatsu
サーバ: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-01-13 07:33:15  
Lamia mantle +1
Resolute belt depending on wether you want this set to macro in for "oshit aga3" or for a TP set with M.def you might want a haste belt instead.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2011-01-13 07:33:48  
Good. That means my twilight torque has a really good use in this set >.>! Here I come Empousa D:

Siren.Kunimatsu said:
Lamia mantle +1
Resolute belt depending on wether you want this set to macro in for "oshit aga3" or for a TP set with M.def you might want a haste belt instead.

Just grabbed the lamia mantle, and checked up on resolute belt, none up on stock :<
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-01-13 07:40:03  
Hey BFF!

Here's an old MDB set I still had laying around. I know that you have most of this gear already or it's something we can pretty easily get you. Good Luck!

Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2011-01-13 07:49:20  
I hate you ash.
<3
 Titan.Wubby
サーバ: Titan
user: Xerlic
By Titan.Wubby 2011-01-13 08:37:24  
I levelled NIN about 3 weeks ago and also was looking to make a MDT set using hand me downs from my RDM. I found that, similar to what was said in the OP, NIN doesn't really have a whole lot of options in terms of MDT/MDB gear..

This is what I currently use.

I know for head slot there's a MDB +4 piece that NIN can use, but it comes from MMM. AFAIK, the only thing that can go into body/hands/legs/feet are INT pieces. I probably won't use the Kaman tho since it will reset TP to 0.

Is AV killed regularly on your server? If so, I'd try to look into getting a Minerva's Ring esp since one of your ring slots is being used by Shadow Ring. Also, Lieutenant's Sash > Resolute Belt if your MDT isn't at cap, I believe.

Fenrir.Krazyrs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2011-01-13 08:42:04  
drop the Lamia mantle +1 for resentment cape if u tanking in sky/sea/abyssea alot
easy *** NM
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-01-13 08:44:12  
Ragnarok.Erikthecleric said:
update: grabbed a Lamian Mantle +1 (could've sworn i had one, but i cant find it anywhere :|)

TBH, it doesnt look like NIN can wear a lot of mdef gear, at least whats listed on wiki, which hasnt updated much since 75+... so missing out on a lot as is. Need to check the MDT- list D:.

I had thought that the -MDT (and -PDT) caps were 50%. Is it 25%?

Also, run up a trial weapon for it. I don't know if you're willing to sacrifice some other stat, but trials are pretty easy (if long) and free. You could do magic defense, magic evasion, or both, I guess.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2011-01-13 08:47:10  
Fenrir.Terminus said:

I had thought that the -MDT (and -PDT) caps were 50%. Is it 25%?

Also, run up a trial weapon for it. I don't know if you're willing to sacrifice some other stat, but trials are pretty easy (if long) and free. You could do magic defense, magic evasion, or both, I guess.
capped shellraV is 26~27% already, thus the 25% in gear
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2011-01-13 08:47:34  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Fenrir.Krazyrs said:
drop the Lamia mantle +1 for resentment cape if u tanking in sky/sea/abyssea alot
easy *** NM
Wiki doesnt specify enough on that NM though, it is only up for 15 mins then despawns you might take awhile to get drop since it's a low drop rate
idk i was 1/1 :o
 Luz
By Luz 2011-01-13 08:49:21  
Doesn't despawn and 45% is probably accurate. I went 1/2 then passed ToD onto a friend who went 1/1. It certainly isn't low.
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-01-13 08:50:29  
Gotcha - cool cool. Thanks.
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2011-01-13 08:50:58  
Awwwwwww.....I thought this thread was about Most Def the rapper and how he plays NIN in FFXI. Curse my imagination!!!

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-01-13 08:54:14  
resentment cape works in abyssea?
[+]
 Luz
By Luz 2011-01-13 08:55:16  
Um... I think late May-early June last year. I know it was right as I was finishing my NIN/DRK sets, right before hatespell nerf D:
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2011-01-13 09:01:35  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Luz said:
Doesn't despawn and 45% is probably accurate. I went 1/2 then passed ToD onto a friend who went 1/1. It certainly isn't low.
When I camped it about 6 months ago it did despawn after 15 minutes. When did you and your friend kill?
Bismarck.Pawnskipper said:
Awwwwwww.....I thought this thread was about Most Def the rapper and how he plays NIN in FFXI. Curse my imagination!!!
What's he been up to lately? lol haven't heard much new

Last I heard of him was that CD he made in 2008. I think he is doing movies now. But if he did play FFXI, he would def be a Brd/Nin. /endtrolling
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-01-13 09:02:02  
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
resentment cape works in abyssea?
Doubt it, Abyssea isn't a conquest area unlike Sea. Stick to Lamia Mantle +1
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2011-01-13 09:14:52  
Fenrir.Krazyrs said:
easy *** NM

Have one, doesnt work in abyssea I believe... I know it didnt work in Aht Urhgan, so I'm nearly positive it doesnt work in abyssea. Signet not working also helps support that.^
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2011-01-13 09:16:57  
Fenrir.Terminus said:

Magic Evasion = resist rate? That might be worth doing, but the M.Def katanas would mean killing ***in light weather right? I've had enough of 1 point per kill that I dont care for anymore (enchu +2 took a bunch @_@) lol...
 Luz
By Luz 2011-01-13 09:23:20  
Only need to do 1 MDB Katana if you're going to get Oupire's katana.

He's a joke and nobody kills him but bored people leaving Salvage/Nyzul. Or people MPKing one of their MNKs who fell asleep during Salvage (Naratu :D)
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-01-13 09:27:48  
Fenrir.Terminus said:

Magic Evasion = resist rate? That might be worth doing, but the M.Def katanas would mean killing ***in light weather right? I've had enough of 1 point per kill that I dont care for anymore (enchu +2 took a bunch @_@) lol...

i think mdef is water, meva is light

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Kincard
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2011-01-13 13:53:21  
Yeah, NIN's kinda boned when you're looking for magic defense options.

I wouldn't bother working on MDB katanas, I barely even use my evasion katanas, which would supposedly get more use because of NIN's role. I can't really think of any situations where you'd want to fulltime the MDB katana/lose your TP to take less damage from a spell.

2 pieces I don't think I've seen mentioned yet are Denali Wristbands and Suijin Kabuto. Latter requires you to have a decent MMM rune collection/know someone with one.
 Asura.Solara
サーバ: Asura
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-01-13 14:11:00  
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-13 14:17:14  
Asura.Solara said:
Ding ding ding, we have a winner! 25% MDT, enough to cap with Shell V. Can also replace one of the 2% pieces with a MDT augmented MKD hat if your second augment isn't tied up elsewhere (for instance, mine is waltz recast/MDT), or use it in tandem with the entire set if you're rocking Shadow Ring like the OP. For the remaining sets, I usually just keep my TP or eva gear on but if you want to reduce damage further I'd save some inventory space and throw on gear with INT rather than MDB since they double as nuking gear.
First Page 2