言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Abyssea Nin seeks advice
Abyssea Nin seeks advice
First Page 2 3
By Areis 2011-01-08 13:34:53  
So I got Nin to 90 last week and this is my current TP set (please lead the have / to get / not changing lists)
Mirke is Acc/Atk

I also have:
Optical Hat, Varangian Helm
Aurore Doublet
Ochimusha Kote (rare/ex O.kotes)
Saurotobi Kyhan (rare/ex +3% haste feet)
Snow & Light Gorget
Warwolf Belt
Foragers, Boxers

On my list of things to get are:
Eva katana (on the diremite trial atm)
Iga Earring / neck / back
Ballarines
Agasaya's Collar
Aethling Mantle
Nin AF3+1/+2
Heed Ring

I have Bushinomimi (I will not be changing this)
I will not be changing my Mirke (using it for monk atm)
I will not be changing my WS Acc/Atk AMK hat (even though i have twilight and should)

What else should be on my list of things to get? I don't expect to be a great Nin mostly just use it for the few things i need to Eva tank. I would still like a respectable if not great TP set.
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-01-08 13:58:20  
I'd change spiral ring, sasuke tekko, your mirke even though you said you won't change it, twilight knife, and pink feet to: acc/att/store tp/subtle blow/evasion/etc ring (spiral really isn't tp ring), something with haste hands, I'll discuss mirke below, katana, and ballerines (100% drop off Durinn). NIN AF3 back is good too if you have time to get it, 100% drop. Peacock charm can be replaced by tiercel neck if you have it, if not it's somewhat expensive nowadays.

I've been trying to think why you would need acc+att on your mirke and I can't figure it out. It seems like most of the jobs that make use of mirke would be better off with dual wield augment or crit augment or something. Just a suggestion though, your call.
 Caitsith.Albelnox
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Thoman1
By Caitsith.Albelnox 2011-01-08 14:05:50  
Bismarck.Helel said:
I'd change spiral ring, sasuke tekko, your mirke even though you said you won't change it, twilight knife, and pink feet to: acc/att/store tp/subtle blow/evasion/etc ring (spiral really isn't tp ring), something with haste hands, I'll discuss mirke below, katana, and ballerines (100% drop off Durinn). NIN AF3 back is good too if you have time to get it, 100% drop. Peacock charm can be replaced by tiercel neck if you have it, if not it's somewhat expensive nowadays.

I've been trying to think why you would need acc+att on your mirke and I can't figure it out. It seems like most of the jobs that make use of mirke would be better off with dual wield augment or crit augment or something. Just a suggestion though, your call.

should tp in af body and 3% haste feet for now, spiral's fine to tp in *if* you have capped acc, if not, use an acc ring, and hands i'd use dusk gloves. and again, if you have capped acc, tiercel necklace

wouldn't be a bad thing either, would put you at 24% haste, then when you can get ballerines and af3+1 legs you'd have capped gear haste. Then when you get af3+2 legs or head you could get rid of teircel

and use pcc again.
 Asura.Darkultima
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Darkultima 2011-01-08 14:40:38  
for TP set, mainhand ichi-ran offhand kamome, get AF1 body, get the iga earring to replace ethreal, get iga neck, use dusk hands instead of sasuke, keen ring instead of spiral, fuma feets instead of aurore.
[+]
By Areis 2011-01-08 16:34:10  
Acc/Atk mirke was one of the best body options for monk at 75, and i just don't care to re-do the fight for marginal improvement on another job.

ichi-ran isn't really going to be something i'm paying 300k for on 10th job leveled. I do see how it's better it's just not going to happen.

Nin AF3 neck / back, Ballerines, Heed Ring & Agasaya's Collar are getting added to the list now...

Dusk i won't use ... just because i refuse to TP in movement speed down (i don't use spellcast and it's a proven fact i don't remember to take them off and rage after running a mile with movement speed down). I do have Aurore hands, but while working on dagger skill the +acc has helped more we'll see what ends up showing up for me to use as skills go up and i don't need it anymore.

AF1 body... frankly i just don't want to do the quests, I don't do Temenos zones so not going to make it +1 even if i do get it and AF3+1 beats it out if/when i finish that.
 Sylph.Kimble
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-01-08 16:41:54  
Seems like people give you sound advice and you are just to lazy to do it.

Nin quest are not hard. I requested my body in a few hours and even then was because of a game day wait. With it being so easy to get around now, it wouldn't even take that long.

Use dusk hands. The excuse of movement down is an old and tired one. Dont even need spell cast. Just make a macro for "idle" that changes dusk to something else if its really that big of a deal. Losing out on 3% haste is a lot.

[+]
By Nemesio 2011-01-08 16:49:02  
Don't use a knife offhand, Kamome is simply an offhand weapon. Get the AF body, it is the best. If you don't feel like getting it, don't play NIN. Iga earring is good, and would go nicely seeing as you have no Suppa.

Iga back loses to Aethling mantle, so just worry about the nexk. Get a Heed Ring, if you have any other DD jobs, it will be a good ring for them as well, spiral for WS.

Buy a Q. Tathlum, and try for a Loki's body, chances are if you have DNC, MNK, or THF leveled, it will benefit all.

There is so much stuff you need, but you don't seem to want to work at all. So I left the harder to obtain things out.
 Caitsith.Ravant
user: Ravant
By Caitsith.Ravant 2011-01-08 16:50:59  
Sylph.Kimble said:
Seems like people give you sound advice and you are just to lazy to do it.

This ^
Should Definitely use Dusk Hands. I have a macro to unequip them and but on AF boots for whenever im running somewhere. It not hard to notice when running with movement - on.

As for Af body, the quest are not hard and can do them easily on a boring day or whenever you have time waiting for someone. Even without +1 its still nice.
[+]
By Areis 2011-01-08 16:51:34  
Salright then... guess if i'm not Nin main and wanna go all out Nin i might as well not play.... 10th job down the line as far as importance goes what matters really starts to lose importance once you reach functionality.

I'll just go my own way but thanks for the "your too lazy" I'll make it work well enough for everything I need it to do.
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Chazzyphizzle 2011-01-08 16:51:51  
you dont have to +1 your af body to make it worthwhile, it is still 5% dw, which is far and away better than af3+1 with your gear. you dont need spellcast to not run in dusk...just hit your ws gear macro after a fight? this is not rocket science.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-08 16:54:20  
Areis is lazy as ***on all their jobs and will strawman like there's no tomorrow if you criticize their decision to not even bother with basic gear upgrades. Don't waste your time arguing with them, won't change what they do.
[+]
By Nemesio 2011-01-08 16:54:49  
You asked for advice... And as people gave it to you, you just said no. So why even bother?
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-01-08 16:57:59  
Ocelots or Aurore Gloves if you don't want dusk. Acc gloves inside abyssea while wearing a str ring is never the right answer.
By Nemesio 2011-01-08 17:01:09  
Bismarck.Altar said:
Ocelots or Aurore Gloves if you don't want dusk. Acc gloves inside abyssea while wearing a str ring is never the right answer.
Acc inside Abyssea is almost never the answer. Haha.
By richwood 2011-01-08 17:08:58  
All AF3 is simple and easy to obtain either from shouts or LS, or simple quest spam after you build time in Exp party. I did a mix of these to get +2 5/5. Took me about 4 weeks not playing hard core to get full upgraded LS, yes I burned like all my stones. How ever, if you are just plain lazy as some have stated, not sure what to tell ya...

Good luck anyway (*^.^*)
 Sylph.Kimble
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-01-08 17:15:38  
Wouldnt Epona's ring be better for 2nd ring?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2011-01-08 17:16:22  
Yes
 Caitsith.Lyall
user: Lyall
By Caitsith.Lyall 2011-01-08 17:17:51  
I don't understand Abyssean-burned and obviously-carried players. I guess meleeing in 19% haste is "well enough?"
[+]
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2011-01-08 17:22:36  
nin isnt high prio for me either
using what i got tho

24% haste

By richwood 2011-01-08 17:30:16  
I dont have ring yet ; . ;
 Lakshmi.Galith
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2011-01-08 17:39:38  
Sylph.Kimble said:
Wouldnt Epona's ring be better for 2nd ring?

For DDing yes, for tanking no.
By richwood 2011-01-08 17:51:08  
No not for tanking for sure...For that I use this:

I am missing Ocelot Trousers & a 2nd earring I have not decided on yet which.

Body is Aug'd with Evasion and STP+SB

This allow just about max Eva set and capped Subtle Blow @ 50.

also I have considered using a Alert Ring as 2nd ring. I am also currently making a 2nd Evasion Katana Sekka+2, I have the one finished already. having 2 would just about make you untouchable by melee outside of the cap for evasion, since you can not have it be 100%.

Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-08 17:57:39  
richwood said:
All AF3 is simple and easy to obtain either from shouts or LS, or simple quest spam after you build time in Exp party. I did a mix of these to get +2 5/5. Took me about 4 weeks not playing hard core to get full upgraded LS, yes I burned like all my stones. How ever, if you are just plain lazy as some have stated, not sure what to tell ya...

Good luck anyway (*^.^*)
Should be Suppa + Iga or Suppa + Brutal, depending on your haste buffs (former beating the latter if you can make use of the DW on both earrings). Iga is 3% DW, Suppa is 5%, only way Iga beats Suppa is if it brings you exactly to the delay reduction cap and Suppa would be too much.

Also, not everything needs to be tanked in additional eva gear.
By richwood 2011-01-08 18:03:35  
Never said everything needs to be tanked in max evasion gear...That is all situational as we know...And yes I have suppa, I use it in combination with Iga...

The only thing is DW lowers TP gain. so why you may swing faster you gain less TP per swing. at the same time you are gaining les tp per hit you are still feeding the mob TP regardless.

I think full Haste + DW is great in conditions where tp feed do no matter. Or if you are not using Tank atmas and full swing DD with crit atmas. Just IMO anyway.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-08 18:06:57  
richwood said:
The only thing is DW lowers TP gain. so why you may swing faster you gain less TP per swing.
TP gain over time increases dramatically as your delay decreases below 180 delay/hand and obviously your TP phase damage increases by a significant margin. Iga is easily superior to Brutal.

Quote:
at the same time you are gaining les tp per hit you are still feeding the mob TP regardless.
If this is a problem you shouldn't be using Brutal either, or Suppa for that matter. I'd imagine there are better solutions though, such as making the other DDs kill something else or just not letting the mob get TP at all until you're ready for the next attack.

Quote:
I think full Haste + DW is great in conditions where tp feed do no matter. Or if you are not using Tank atmas and full swing DD with crit atmas. Just IMO anyway.
What exactly is the difference between a tank and a DD atma? I mean yeah, there's Cloak & Dagger for the occasional NM that needs a bit more eva but really you're making this sound like you completely rework your setup with HP and enmity atmas or something.
By richwood 2011-01-08 18:12:06  
Yes, commonly I will go /rdm, especially for Aga casting NMS, In this case I use Mdef atma as well as enmity, and macro in af3+@ feet + haste set for casting Utsusemi, The reason I main nin is because I fully enjoy the wide variety of finesse play it offers.

If you disagree with my form of play, that is fine. to each their own. but don't try to invalidate people. (*^.^*)

Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-08 18:22:23  
richwood said:
Yes, commonly I will go /rdm, especially for Aga casting NMS, In this case I use Mdef atma
Why not just use a MDT swap? Nothing is going to kill you with decent MDT gear and NIN can even cap MDT with Shell V these days without resorting to swapping out your weapon. Not to mention MDT is more effective than MDB until you cap.

Quote:
as well as enmity
Why? Hate caps, you're going to stay capped without much effort, and it takes no time at all to cap.
Quote:
and macro in af3+@ feet + haste set for casting Utsusemi
Why wouldn't you do this anyway? There's the occasional time where you'd cast in eva, but you can and should still finish in haste gear.

Quote:
If you disagree with my form of play, that is fine. to each their own. but don't try to invalidate people. (*^.^*)
Who said anything about invalidating you? This is a civil discussion of effective gearing and play. If you feel "invalidated", maybe you should stop and look at why your playstyle is being criticized rather than reacting defensively. You've got decent logic here, you're just halfassing it and/or applying it to a situation where it's not relevant.

Please refrain from making fallacious remarks, it adds nothing to your posts here.
By richwood 2011-01-08 18:26:33  
Nightfyre, it really is not just, I am having that with OP via E-mail to help the guy out, since pretentious people just throw their comments around discouraging people like OP.

It is very unfortunate in a social game based on community.
By Areis 2011-01-08 18:26:53  

This is where i see myself in the semi-near future...
I still say i won't be getting Suppa (have bushi and keeping it), nor do i plan to re-do my Mirke, and unless i have a hell of a time getting kaftan AF quests can sit by the wayside for all i care. Evasion set is a whole different cup of tea but that's easy enough to figure out.
 Caitsith.Albelnox
user: Thoman1
By Caitsith.Albelnox 2011-01-08 18:36:15  
Areis said:

This is where i see myself in the semi-near future...
I still say i won't be getting Suppa (have bushi and keeping it), nor do i plan to re-do my Mirke, and unless i have a hell of a time getting kaftan AF quests can sit by the wayside for all i care. Evasion set is a whole different cup of tea but that's easy enough to figure out.

mainhand the hocho, get af body for the dual weild and that'd be pretty good. won't need the suppy with an iga earring as using both would make your tp gain go down (assuming you tp in af body). mirke won't need to be re-done if you just wanna use nin as a DD. Also, if you don't have ocelot already use dusk gloves (i know it's already been mentioned, but they're pretty damn good.)
[+]
First Page 2 3