フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » WHM brewskies
WHM brewskies
First Page 2
 Quetzalcoatl.Zeldageek
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: zeldageek
By Quetzalcoatl.Zeldageek 2010-12-30 13:34:36  
So i was planning on soloing shinryu a few times for gear, and seeing as whm has nearly 2/3rds of the blunt procs, i figured it would be a good choice, seeing as I dont have mnk. Now when it comes time to deal damage, which of the elemental ws's available to whm will do the most damage?
 Asura.Darkultima
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Darkultima 2010-12-30 13:46:25  
Should go thf/rng on piercing with a markmanship instead, more trigger, TH and aeolian edge for zerg~
 Bismarck.Rosalee
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Rosamimi
By Bismarck.Rosalee 2010-12-30 13:57:38  
Don't see why Flash Nova wouldn't work well, I was planning on trying it out on some random abyssea junk later with MAB+ atmas before I experiment with brewing Shinryu again. I would like to check out my Cataclysm numbers too, but I might toy with that on WAR.

I had no problems brewing with Hexa Strike though when I was just playing with VV/RR/Apoc
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2010-12-30 14:02:59  
Asura.Darkultima said:
Should go thf/rng on piercing with a markmanship instead, more trigger, TH and aeolian edge for zerg~
I might be missing something but: staff/club is 10/15(66%) of the triggers during blunt time as opposed to dagger + sidewinder & slug shot is 6/15(40%) of triggers during piercing. Again maybe i missed something.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Zeldageek
By Quetzalcoatl.Zeldageek 2010-12-30 14:15:26  
Yeah staff and club is def more triggers than thf/rng, plus you miss out on the MAB from /rdm if you go thf/rng. Though i do like aeolian edge, it perfromed quite well on thf and when i went pld to solo red.
 Asura.Darkultima
By Asura.Darkultima 2010-12-30 14:15:38  
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Asura.Darkultima said:
I might be missing something but: staff/club is 10/15(66%) of the triggers during blunt time as opposed to dagger + sidewinder & slug shot is 6/15(40%) of triggers during piercing. Again maybe i missed something.
True, forgot about staff :|
But! during blunt, H2H is the trigger most of the time (from what i noticed anyway) and the good side going on thf is TH, which will greatly help crap like mail and cloak to drop
As for cataclysm, i heard it was doing great dmg, i dont have it tho, only tested earth crusher with "meh" MAB atma on MNK, was doing a steady 9000-15000dmg and self-SCing, which aint bad at all.
 Quetzalcoatl.Zeldageek
By Quetzalcoatl.Zeldageek 2010-12-30 14:21:33  
every time ive done blunt its freaking hexa lol, but i could certainly try earth crusher next time i brew
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2010-12-30 14:32:18  
Quetzalcoatl.Zeldageek said:
every time ive done blunt its freaking hexa lol, but i could certainly try earth crusher next time i brew
OMG, our ls has several people who dual box whm and because all the boxes are alt's they dont have hexa or black halo T.T Its like EVERY NM it seems.
 Fenrir.Snick
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-12-30 21:37:55  
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Quetzalcoatl.Zeldageek said:
OMG, our ls has several people who dual box whm and because all the boxes are alt's they dont have hexa or black halo T.T Its like EVERY NM it seems.
ITT skilling up is hard and requires mass investment
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [40 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-02-08 23:47:16  
Anyone try brewing with Flash Nova using MAB atma? Really curious as to how hard it can hit.

Edit:

Sorry for the necro bump didnt wanna start a new thread.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-08 23:51:15  
Flash Nova is okay, it was doing 6k on Rani compared to Sanguine Blades 4k. Rani resists dark damage which is why SB was so low, but to my knowledge doesn't resist light damage, which, if true, means that it's probably not all that great really, and you'll still be better off with earth crusher.
 Shiva.Gylfie
サーバ: Shiva
user: Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2011-02-08 23:54:15  
Cataclysm's got this!
 Ramuh.Attribute
サーバ: Ramuh
user: XGP0001
By Ramuh.Attribute 2011-02-08 23:58:14  
With the right gear a good WHM could spam Banish~aga etc Holy for alot of DMG when atmas added also. That + Hexa you could still win easily.
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-09 00:01:22  
Asura.Darkultima said:
You mean rng/thf. Can still get Th3 and hit more blue triggers (10/15) and then just one shot the mob once you do trigger

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-02-09 00:34:59  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Anyone try brewing with Flash Nova using MAB atma? Really curious as to how hard it can hit.

Edit:

Sorry for the necro bump didnt wanna start a new thread.
Both were pretty strong, averaging 9-13k with okay atmas. Since I had atma of the cosmos cataclysm pulled ahead though usually, I dont have a light equivalent atma

*edit you could go whm/mnk or whm/pup if your hand to hand is capped and get 11/15 blu procs for soloing but bleh

Cool thanks for the info, wasnt thinking for solo, have been duo'ing shin with a friend of mine, was just trying to find out how much better it would be than Hexa, because thats what ive been using to brew, failed one attempt bc I kept healing him was kind of annoying. :/

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-02-09 00:47:30  
Odin.Blazza said:
Flash Nova is okay, it was doing 6k on Rani compared to Sanguine Blades 4k. Rani resists dark damage which is why SB was so low, but to my knowledge doesn't resist light damage, which, if true, means that it's probably not all that great really, and you'll still be better off with earth crusher.
With atma of the beyond, MM, and Allure Flash novas were doing mad damage, and another thing to note, is Flash Nova to Flash Nova makes fragmentation, for even more damage. And if its flashed it can't hit you and absorb your buffs as readily assuming you're getting hit that much at all.
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-02-09 00:49:55  
I brewed Shinryu on WHM a few times, and aside from my Atma options, which aren't extensive enough to cover all the elemental weaponskill types you can access with staves and clubs, I noticed a serious advantage in Earth Crusher.

Sure, it won't have the "new look" or "feel" you may get from Flash Noca or Cataclysm, but that silly old weaponskill was averaging 17k damage with just Atma of the Beyond, Ultimate and Baying Moon.
On another occasione I tried using Flash Nova with the same Atmas and, oddly enough, got lower results, while using a Morgenstern VS a Terra's staff.
Of course, neither of the 2 weapons I chose were in any way a top choice, but still, Terra proved more effective.

So if you don't have access to Flash Nova or Cataclysm, I'd say "rest assure and don't lose all hope", for as long as you bring a Doom Screen (something I had to learn the hard way, being doomed by Shinryu during brew and dying after Holy water and cursna spam fail), yes you can!
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2011-02-09 01:01:28  
Shinryu apparently takes reduced dmg (50% I think? can't recall) from both light and dark element ws's so yeah, earth crusher should be your best bet.
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2011-02-09 10:43:42  
I saw a whm brew shinryu alternating black halo and hexastrike for light skill chains. Went pretty well, wasn't amazing damage numbers but it worked nonetheless.
 Ramuh.Leif
user: Leif912
By Ramuh.Leif 2011-02-09 10:48:44  
Alternating between Cataclysm and Earth Crusher also works pretty well, since it skillchains, but I don't remember what at the moment.
 Alexander.Eldelphia
サーバ: Alexander
user: eldelphia
By Alexander.Eldelphia 2011-02-11 06:02:31  
I've brewed using Flash Nova. On Shin it did only about 6k - but now I understand why. On the Beneficus Cactuar NM with 2 MAB atma and one fresh (should have switched in a 3rd) it was doing 7-9k. On the mandies around it, it was doing 25k lol...
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [76 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Kingofgeeks
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kingofgeeks 2011-04-28 12:41:53  
Yeah i just did Black Halo, Hexa Strike, Light Skillchain, MB with Holy or Bansish/ga. Worked well for me and i had plenty of time to spare
 Alexander.Msthief
サーバ: Alexander
user: Msthief87
By Alexander.Msthief 2011-04-28 12:54:53  
Bismarck.Rosalee said:
Don't see why Flash Nova wouldn't work well, I was planning on trying it out on some random abyssea junk later with MAB+ atmas before I experiment with brewing Shinryu again. I would like to check out my Cataclysm numbers too, but I might toy with that on WAR.

I had no problems brewing with Hexa Strike though when I was just playing with VV/RR/Apoc

If you're using a physical weapon skill it better be a crit WS, so good. Why the hell don't you use SS though? I highly doubt you have a crit damage+ build on your white mage. Losing out on 20% damage right there.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-04-29 07:19:08  
noticed a lot of people using mab atmas, so i'm guessing most people brew from the start?

what i did was minikin/ambition/vv, and ws it until i get a blue read. then i just die and hp if it's h2h, or use a brew and use the regain to proc blue.

my numbers on earth crusher with no mab atmas are pretty shitty, but i also don't equip mab gear on whm.
 Cerberus.Quipto
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2011-04-29 08:13:31  
Flash Nova is terrible on Shin. Full MAB gear build on top of Ultimate, Beyond, and Baying moon would barely break 6k on him. Where as Hexa would do 11k+.
 Carbuncle.Kerokun
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Kerokun
By Carbuncle.Kerokun 2011-04-29 08:19:28  
So, what atma to use for the Hexa -> Black Halo business?
 Sylph.Binckry
サーバ: Sylph
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2011-04-29 08:33:43  
Carbuncle.Kerokun said:
So, what atma to use for the Hexa -> Black Halo business?
I'd imagine along the lines of RR/GH/DD/VV/Apoc, any of those.. I think. I rarely DD my WHM in aby, and if i do its RR/MM. :< no heroes so 2 atma
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-04-29 09:43:48  
Get heroes binc binc
First Page 2