users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Macro Advice
Macro Advice
 Asura.Nzuh
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: nzuh
By Asura.Nzuh 2010-12-27 15:28:20  
I've been using <stpc> for all my cures and it's been working ok but I was wondering... What kind of macros work best for you all?

Also, I'm kinda a newly high-level whm and I've been stacking +haste whereever I can for most spells - should I be stacking +MND for cure V? Anything else I'm overlooking?

I'm no newb by a long shot but I am new to high-level WHMing ~ Any tips and hints are appreciated! :)
 Cerberus.Vraelia
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Vraelia
By Cerberus.Vraelia 2010-12-27 17:08:01  
The only targeting macro I use is <t>. I don't ever use <stpc>.

I also, don't stack MND for Cures, because my cures are already good enough. My Cure VI can cure up to 1k+ with hardly no MND to back it up. And my Cure V can cure up to 700+ HP each time. To me, seriously....MND is good but not all that necessary for curing.

Just do what you think is best for healing.

......I've gotta get a Noble's Tunic. ; ; lol

Edit: For macroing, I just go back and forth on my MP Resting Macro which consists of MP Recover While Healing+.

And my main healing gear, that I use full time for healing everyone. I use my Cleric's Briault for Refresh effect, and since I can stack it with my own Refresh as /RDM, I can allow my Cleric's body recover more MP while I am just standing.

I used to wear Royal Cloak (HQ Version of Verm Cloack) but, I don't need it anymore due to my Relic body.

And since I can Convert like I can RDM main, MP is hardly an issue really. So, I guess you can stack MND for Cures if you wish to.

.....yeah, again....I gotta get a Noble's Tunic. ; ; lol
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-12-27 17:10:41  
curepot > mnd
I use <t> but also play one windower with blinkmenot if that changes anything.
[+]
By Artemicion 2010-12-27 17:13:09  
Use haste for things that are easily capped via attributes or don't rely on them at all; ie: Haste, Blink, Stoneskin etc.

Cures should be prioritized by: Potency, MND, VIT, healing skill respectively.

Also I use <st> as it comes in handy for PLing as well as partying or alliance healing since it doesn't restrict it specifically to party members. Though it may take longer to confirm the target and overall cast the spell; ever since I accidentally MPKed my entire party in the Boyahda Tree years ago, I always go through selective targeting instead of <t> or <bt>.

Also, <st> helps when if for whatever reason you are meleeing and still have control over whom you target your spells on rather than inadvertently curing the mob you're smacking in the face.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2010-12-27 17:16:44  
I use <t> as well. I stack haste for all of my WHM spells. The biggest macro issues I have, are with Blm. 72 pieces of gear, for 4 different builds, and only 2 lines of macros. lol. I feel totally gimped on Blm cause alot of my spells/appropiate gear, isn't macroed.
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-12-27 17:18:08  
Inside of Abyssea you can basically gear for whatever..Mnd+ will be taken care of with Allure(if you have it) -emn will be taken care of with Allure/MM(if you have it) and hell even cure potency can be partially taken care of with Rescuer(again if you have it)

Only thing you really need to worry about "stacking" is Cure Potency.

I guess you can stack Mnd for Cure 5/6..but I always do -Emn instead.

Atmas..
If you don't have Allure/MM/Rescuer I would prolly do Atma's with Refresh, FastCast,-Emn, or HP its all up to you how you wanna do it.

Quote:
I also, don't stack MND for Cures, because my cures are already good enough. My Cure VI can cure up to 1k+ with hardly no MND to back it up. And my Cure V can cure up to 700+ HP each time. To me, seriously....MND is good but not all that necessary for curing.

If you don't have 50% cure Potency in gear then don't listen to this..because you can always do better.

Edit: I use <stpt> <stal> respectively.
 Leviathan.Solanis
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Solanis
By Leviathan.Solanis 2010-12-27 17:19:17  
Cerberus.Vraelia said:

Edit: For macroing, I just go back and forth on my MP Resting Macro which consists of MP Recover While Healing+.

And my main healing gear, that I use full time for healing everyone. I use my Cleric's Briault for Refresh effect, and since I can stack it with my own Refresh as /RDM, I can allow my Cleric's body recover more MP while I am just standing.

I used to wear Royal Cloak (HQ Version of Verm Cloack) but, I don't need it anymore due to my Relic body.

And since I can Convert like I can RDM main, MP is hardly an issue really. So, I guess you can stack MND for Cures if you wish to.

wow, is this post for real? rofl
[+]
 Cerberus.Vraelia
By Cerberus.Vraelia 2010-12-27 17:20:28  
Asura.Ludoggy said:
curepot > mnd

Does blinkmenot work with Ps2? If it does, what exactly is the command for it on ps2?
By Artemicion 2010-12-27 17:21:30  
Cerberus.Vraelia said:
Asura.Ludoggy said:
curepot > mnd

Does blinkmenot work with Ps2? If it does, what exactly is the command for it on ps2?

BlinkMeNot is a plugin file for the third party PC windower.
You'll need to play on PC in order to utilize it.
Until then, you're going to have to hope you get cure off before the person you're healing swaps their gear.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-12-27 17:23:17  
Artemicion said:
Cerberus.Vraelia said:
Asura.Ludoggy said:
curepot > mnd I use <t> but also play one windower with blinkmenot if that changes anything.
BlinkMeNot is a plugin file for the third party PC windower. You'll need to play on PC in order to utilize it. Until then, you're going to have to hope you get cure off before the person you're healing swaps their gear.
Ehh kinda <stpt> <stal> doesn't target ppl like <t> does it targets the person's name so its a fake blinkmenot...and it works great!
By Artemicion 2010-12-27 17:25:24  
Oh yeah, forgot SE added some of their own specified target commands a few years ago. I never really looked into it or what they specifically did.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-12-27 17:30:39  
Artemicion said:
Oh yeah, forgot SE added some of their own specified target commands a few years ago. I never really looked into it or what they specifically did.
Blinkmenot for xbox/Ps2-3 users it targets players names with no curser over the head so if they blink you are still curing based on the name not the physical character. I love it.
 Caitsith.Ganukay
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Ganukay
By Caitsith.Ganukay 2010-12-27 17:32:17  
I also use <stpc> for most of my macros, it works for most scenarios for me. For cure 3 and 4s, you should stack all the cure potency gear you have plus -enmity/haste gear. Cure V and VI is where you want to stack lots of mnd and cure potency. My cure Vs are over 1000, and VIs usually 1300-1500 (Surya's Staff +2 is a huge help). For bar elemental spells, enhancing magic and dynamis legs are great for building higher resists. Stoneskin should have its own MND set, stack as much mnd possible. For enfeebling magic, I use elemental staves and MND. If you have the convert hp to mp pieces for it, get Medicine ring for an extra 10% cure potency, just have to drop your HP below 76%.
By Artemicion 2010-12-27 17:34:44  
Another way to target and not bother with macros at all is to use Spellcast.
Granted, you have to be a PC player without a guilty conscious over third party windower, and have the time and patience to customize your XML to your specific use.

Target with F-keys, //cure6
Done.
 Cerberus.Vraelia
By Cerberus.Vraelia 2010-12-27 17:36:59  
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Artemicion said:
Cerberus.Vraelia said:
Asura.Ludoggy said:
curepot > mnd I use <t> but also play one windower with blinkmenot if that changes anything.
BlinkMeNot is a plugin file for the third party PC windower. You'll need to play on PC in order to utilize it. Until then, you're going to have to hope you get cure off before the person you're healing swaps their gear.
Ehh kinda <stpt> <stal> doesn't target ppl like <t> does it targets the person's name so its a fake blinkmenot...and it works great!

Thank you for this. I am getting pissed off about people 'blinking' and screwing up my Cures/Buffs ect. lol This will help me drastically. Thank you, Zor.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-12-27 17:44:30  
Cerberus.Vraelia said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Artemicion said:
Cerberus.Vraelia said:
Asura.Ludoggy said:
Thank you for this. I am getting pissed off about people 'blinking' and screwing up my Cures/Buffs ect. lol This will help me drastically. Thank you, Zor.
I couldn't play whm without <stpt/stal>.
 Cerberus.Vraelia
By Cerberus.Vraelia 2010-12-27 18:02:13  
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Cerberus.Vraelia said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Artemicion said:
Cerberus.Vraelia said:
Asura.Ludoggy said:

I honestly don't know how I played RDM without knowing this. lol I always did <t>. lol
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-12-27 18:10:31  
Cerberus.Vraelia said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Cerberus.Vraelia said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Artemicion said:
Cerberus.Vraelia said:
Asura.Ludoggy said:
I honestly don't know how I played RDM without knowing this. lol I always did <t>. lol
Someone needs to do a public service announcement.

*funny music* <stpt><stal> "~the more you know"
 Valefor.Quickmart
サーバ: Valefor
user: Forg
By Valefor.Quickmart 2010-12-27 19:06:58  
Minor warning: Can't target with f-keys that way. I wish SE would change that. I find reaction time suffers as I scroll up/down party roster and/or I go faster than the games input is willing to accept. Really frustrating when I have to use ps2 because I'm a keyboard person, just can't get used to a controller. My main cure macro on my rdm uses <stpc> which prevents targetting npc's mobs and pets and if they blink away my cursor re-tapping the f-key fixes it since only the sub-cursor was on them.
[+]
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-12-27 19:49:36  

PC windower users can
F1-F6 is your party
Shift+F1-F6 is a alliance party
Ctrl+F1-F6 is a alliance party

i just use blinkmenot on target i have selected and mainly only for casting spells and finding that blinking msge when im breaking from DD on cor to roll on them
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-12-27 19:55:10  
Cerberus.Vraelia said:

Not to be mean or anything, but if your cures are that bad, you SHOULD stack more mnd etc =/ cure5 should easily do 1k+ >_<
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-12-27 20:02:46  
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Cerberus.Vraelia said:

Not to be mean or anything, but if your cures are that bad, you SHOULD stack more mnd etc =/ cure5 should easily do 1k+ >_<

^This. I was Cure5'ing earlier for ~1k+, Cure6 would generally do ~1.4-1.5k and cap off whoever I was curing so I dunno how much higher it'd go.

My gear isn't really anything special either (99% of the time I don't even use my Medicine ring because I'm too lazy to hit my Latent macro >_>)

EDIT: Went looking through my logs from earlier and I found a few examples.

I can't say whether Medicine Ring was active or not in these cures, but even with Medicine Ring I still only have +37% Cure potency, so I know these cures can go much higher than they are (Cure5 always breaking 1~1.1k for example). No Obi's (was Windsday) or other bonuses in these either.

[23:27:21]Hitetsu casts Cure VI.
[23:27:21]Grindtime recovers 1419 HP.

[23:28:18]Hitetsu casts Cure VI.
[23:28:18]Dmintid recovers 1315 HP.

[23:30:11]Hitetsu casts Cure V.
[23:30:11]Avund recovers 1045 HP.

[23:36:51]Hitetsu casts Cure V.
[23:36:51]Avund recovers 969 HP.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-12-27 21:05:09  
Inside aby my cure5s do 1.1k+, right above 1k outside.
Dont remember the amount on cure6, as I just got high enough level to learn that today lol
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-27 21:09:42  
I've used <t> since forever. And probably will until they make <stpt/stal> work with fkeys. Cause time saved using them is usually more than the slight annoyance of blinking
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2010-12-28 01:41:05  
Most of the questions have been answered above regarding heals and targetting and stuff.

How you want to macro and gear for WHM all depends on how hardcore and dedicated you are to the class. WHM can simply get by with having a strong curing set and +Haste gear is very easy to come back as a WHM (If you don't have at least 15%, you aren't doing it right =p), though a strong MND set to stack potency on Slow and Paralyze and an Enfeebling/MACC set for other non-potency related enfeebles is useful too.

From that point on, it really does depend on how well you want to gear.

cleric's briault works well with Regens, and I usually stack it with Conserve MP.

blessed briault is a good piece for Bar- elements, as well as stacking it with cleric's pantaloons and any other forms of Enhancing Magic.

A hMP set is useful for outside of Abyssea. Stoneskin caps at 350 HP, so using the formula posted here, you can determine how much MND you would need to reach cap and stack other relevant pieces of gear in other slots (anything that enhances Stoneskin HP value is a plus in this regard)

Things that may be considered frivolous but can increase your efficiency is a Conserve MP set, carrying several elemental staves to increase the chance of sticking your debilitating spells, a dark magic based set for Aspir/Drain when you /SCH, etc etc...

Again, as stated earlier, it really does depend on how hardcore you want to play your WHM. I currently run 68 pieces of gear on my WHM and each piece of gear sees enough use most of the time to warrant carrying all of it. I am an extremest when it comes to gearsets, but that's how I am too. You most certainly do not need this much gear ^_^

Happy healing!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Cianti
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2010-12-28 01:54:38  
F keys /ma "Cure V" <t>

same with /ma "Silena" <t>

choose a set you need most
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-04 14:11:35  
Cerberus.Vraelia said:

are you a whm?
By Shiroineko 2011-01-04 14:15:16  
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Edit: I use <stpt> <stal> respectively.

This^ This is much easier than anything i've come across, regardless if you play with windower or not. all my cures are <stal> and the party-only spells like erase are <stpt>.

The only downside is that you can't use those macros to cure outside the party/alliance...
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-01-05 04:40:42  
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Cerberus.Vraelia said:

When I was a level 50 WHM, I use to always say MND was a joke, it hardly did anything for you. I took that ignorance with me for a few years until i snapped out of it. As a whm MND is your power. Its no different than using STR for damage.

First off, these are the rules for cure numbers:

Cure Potency (caps at 50%) > MND > VIT > Healing Magic Skill

Why do you need to cure for so much?

Answer: Because you can use lesser tier cures to save MP and do the job just as well. As for abyssea, lets face it. We aren't going to run out of MP if we are /rdm with 1-2 refresh atma's on even if we are without a RDM or BRD or COR. So we are able to step up the craziness and use cure 5 and 6 just for the hell of it and have capped MP within seconds just by standing there.

Do you need to pull off big numbers to be a WHM? Of course not. If you can do your job naked then props to you. I personally would feel that the if you can do the job naked then a rdm or something should be curing while you have some fun on a melee job! If you dont have one then get out your club and have fun lol.

WHM is an incredibly fun job when your being challenged and everything isn't so robotic. The fun is being the one who supported your group through the hard trials and persevering. You can improve your performance and conquer harder situations through merits and gear. Part of the adventure of whm is learning about your job. Research it and ask friends and others about it and what they do and adapt to it. No one has it down perfect, you'll never know every single thing about your job. Its always a continual learning process that you should take on and enjoy. Dont get stuck in your ways just because its easy.

At the end of the day its your job and your game. You play it how you want to! And for the first part of your question I personally use <t> for cures. Anything that I want an /echo for I'll use <st>/<stpc>/<stnpc> or <lastst>.
[+]
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-01-05 06:29:29  
I personally use <t> as well and Blinkmenot <3 windower
I personally stack stuff in this order Cure potency > fastcast/cure spellcasting -% > haste > enm.

I Dont bother about mind anymore.Got 50% cure pot and abyssea do all the mind ;p
EDIT: oh and wtf 700 cure 5? I do 1.2k cure 5 and 1.5k cure 6 -_-