users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Blade: Jin - looking for suggestions
Blade: Jin - looking for suggestions
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2010-12-24 04:49:11  

So far I've been using my old MNK/PUP Anwig Salade with STR+4 WS accuracy +15, accuracy +10 and attack +5.
Considering the option of changing it for AGI+4, WS damage +2%, DEX+4 and Crit damage +2%.

Was also using Warwolf Belt, but since I recently got an Anguinus, swapped to Varangian and Angui. With the accuracy I get from RR, Angui and Usu gote, I should be able to sustain the loss of acc from Varangian?
Other options?
For the future when I'll change to the new Mog helmet, how about I put Alky/Heafoc on hands? Should still be above DEX cap with RR and all Furtherance abyssites, so the -DEX shouldn't really hurt my result at all.
For the same DEX cap reasons, I've been wondering if I should put Usukane sune-ate in there in place of Aurore feet.

Oh, last but not least, think I'm gonna throw the Bomb Core and put a Qirmiz Tathlum in there.
 Asura.Darkultima
By Asura.Darkultima 2010-12-24 05:17:54  
Hauby+1 instead of KO
dex/acc magian katana instead of ichi-an+1
Unsure about byakko haidates, but im pretty sure the iga hakamas +1/2 will replace usu legs.
Heafoc instead of usu for sure
Unsure if the iga neck is better then ws gorget..so i wont say anything about that.
Annnd vulcan ring/that new str+7 ring wud be better then spiral, tho its super-over-zomg expensive so..dont bother with it unless you're fine on gilz.
Aieron gamashes to replace aurore feets? i think or denali feets if you have them, they're good too.
Also, yes, throw your bomb core for a qirmiz tathlum, it really worth it^^
The new mantle with attack+20 and DA+% would be sex too~
Cant think of any other items that would fit with blade jin.
 Ragnarok.Calif
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Calif 2010-12-24 05:28:04  
Regarding feet, I'm using iga+1 at the moment (Str+4, Dex+4), but wondering if rager ledelsens would be better for the attack? Kind of rare on AH though.

In general, I'm unsure about attack vs stat mods in Abyssea at the moment. I know WS stat mods don't cap, but with Dex/Str being so high, is it worth going all-out attack for Jin?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2010-12-24 05:40:40  
Asura.Darkultima said:
dex/acc magian katana instead of ichi-an+1
Why? I can easily understand this outside of abyssea, but inside it should offer a very very marginal upgrade, since you're gonna be above DEX cap and, most likely, Acc cap as well, with the +100 Dex you get from enhancements inside Aby.
Not getting a DEX katana anyway, and Ichi-an +1 is just a temporary and cheap replacement that I took while waiting to complete the WoE weapon.

Quote:
Unsure if the iga neck is better then ws gorget..so i wont say anything about that.
It's not

Quote:
Aieron gamashes to replace aurore feets? i think or denali feets if you have them, they're good too.
I do have Denali, not planning to get Areion altough they're kinda cheap.
I'm gonna finish Iga Kyahan soon anyway, and will use them. But until then? Was using Aurore to get closer to the DEX cap, but now I'm way above it in abyssea, so I was thinking the att/acc from Usu might be better, until I can swap to Iga Kyahan.

And don't know what you meant about legs, but it seems to me Usu is still better than Iga +1?

Quote:
The new mantle with attack+20 and DA+% would be sex too~
Yeah definitely hot, but it won't be easy to win it over other LS members =/

As for Heafoc, Ruminator doesn't like me, and after third kill, I'm not sure I have the will to farm a 4th pop >_> At least not for now, need a break.
But Alky is another close option. In the past I didn't use alky because of the -dex (DEX cap etc etc), but once again, now that I'm well above it I think I'm gonna swap to Alky.
Not until I have the new moogle helm though, since I want to use Varangian, and Usu will help counterbalance the -acc on Varangian.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2010-12-24 05:43:35  
Ragnarok.Calif said:
Regarding feet, I'm using iga+1 at the moment (Str+4, Dex+4), but wondering if rager ledelsens would be better for the attack? Kind of rare on AH though.

In general, I'm unsure about attack vs stat mods in Abyssea at the moment. I know WS stat mods don't cap, but with Dex/Str being so high, is it worth going all-out attack for Jin?
It's the same doubt I have.
From that point of view, Rager are Usu feet+1.
DEX had a really value for Jin, before Abyssea.
It was a mod of the WS
It added to the DEX cap (increasing crit rate)
And of course it added Acc.

Of these 3 bonuses the 3rd became relatively useful, the 2nd lost completely its usefulness, and the first remains of course.
So yeah, I'm confident there are instances where going for Acc/att, for instance Rager Ledelsens/Usu, would probably be better than small amounts of STR or DEX.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-12-24 05:53:07  
Asura.Sechs said:
Ragnarok.Calif said:

It's the same doubt I have.
From that point of view, Rager are Usu feet+1.
DEX had a really value for Jin, before Abyssea.
It was a mod of the WS
It added to the DEX cap (increasing crit rate)
And of course it added Acc.

Of these 3 bonuses the 3rd became relatively useful, the 2nd lost completely its usefulness, and the first remains of course.
So yeah, I'm confident there are instances where going for Acc/att, for instance Rager Ledelsens/Usu, would probably be better than small amounts of STR or DEX.

AF3 are likely better, critting makes +attack less important, so it's all pending on whether or not you need the accuracy, which you probably don't.
 Ragnarok.Calif
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Calif 2010-12-24 05:59:02  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
AF3 are likely better, critting makes +attack less important

That being the case, would a fair order be:
crit dmg+ > str > dex > attack

Assuming accuracy/crits from dex capped.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2010-12-24 06:09:04  
Ragnarok.Calif said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:

Good tier list, thanks!

From this point of view then I'd say Iga+2 > Iga+1=Areion? > Denali?
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-12-24 06:15:27  
Ragnarok.Calif said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:

Potentially. Depends on whether or not fSTR is capped, if it is, and STR isn't a WSC, then I'd forget about STR.
 Unicorn.Leoheart
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2010-12-30 12:34:40  
Depends on the situation, outside abyssea, str & dex are your friends, within abyssea, i use critical damage + gear and as much attack i can find, using red curry buns as food, highest Jin i've put out is 4300.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2010-12-30 12:47:38  
Still using this lolsetup until I manage to change stats on my Moogle head (+ws damage, +crit damage).
So far I haven't been disappointed by the Varangian Helm. Despite it being a lame choice for a multihit WS, inside Abyssea I have so much acc it's not really an issue.

Swapping to Bandomusha Kote as soon as I get my new helm.
Highest Jin so far has been only 3,3k though, using RR, GH and VV (all Furtherance abyssites)
 Unicorn.Leoheart
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2010-12-31 09:37:42  
you most likely wont notice much accuracy problems with varangian helm, looking at your gear you have enough acc to compensate for the huge loss of acc on it.
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2011-01-01 18:57:15  
Your galka would look extra sexeh with the viking helm there Sechs. As for the bando's I've gotten better results out of the AF hands personally. I'd just roll with what you've got until you get your upgrades and Kt done.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2011-01-10 03:47:23  
So, played a bit with that set posted on first post, and as I thought, had no real accuracy issue. Maybe with Yonin up on some NM, without Pizza (usually use no food at all or Bison Steak when in Aby), but no big deal. So yeah, the set was working out decently.

Finally changed my Kupo hat last week, I had the Asuran Fists one (STR+4, WSaccuracy+15, attack+5, accuracy+10), and got a new one with the following stats:
AGI+4, WSdamage +2%
DEX+4, Critdamage +2%

Took it to use on multiple jobs. MNK with Ascetic's (maybe Vsmite too, when I complete my weapon), PUP with Stringing Pummel, and NIN with Blade: Jin.

Atm I'm trying to focus more on Attack, rather than STR/DEX modifiers, altough when possible I took pieces that give all of the above (like Usukane Hizayoroi). Swapped Hollow for Aesir Ear Pendant, Usu gote for Bando, Aurore for Usu feet etc.
Things I'm looking to get are Atheling Mantle, maybe a +7STR ring if I can be bothered to get one (ideally I wanted Strigoi, but good luck with Ruthven...).
What else to get? Well a Hauby+1 of course, but Inventory+1 no thanks, so I'm tryin to avoid that atm. (yeah, lame excuse I know :P)
Wondering what to do on Hands. Should I use Alky? -DEX won't be an issue in Aby. Maybe Heafoc? Don't have 'em yet though. (0/3 atm, and Rumi is a pain to farm)

From the tests I did on MNK and NIN with the new helmet I'm a bit disappointed. Think I overestimated the effect of WSdamage +2%. Thought it got calculated as one of the last things in the formula, I'm getting the idea now that it gets calculated sometime before that, since the return of that 2% seems lower than I expected it to be.
Overall the damage with this setup didn't really increase that much over the previous one. Well... it did, just less than I expected it to.

Now I wonder, would the {STR+4, WSacc+15} augment have been better than the {AGI+4, WSdamage+2%}?
I mean, when I took the latter one, it's because I judged WSdamage+2% to provide higher return over that STR+4 (not factoring WSacc as I don't really need it that much in Aby), have I been wrong with my calculations?

Edit:
crit+2% on helm would be useless with Loki's Kaftan as well, since with Kamome+Loki+Qirmiz+RR already bring me to the cap of 50% crit damage, but since I don't currently own a Loki's, that's not my problem atm.
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-01-10 03:59:50  
Here's some pretty all-round wicked pieces for Jin.

aias bonnet
iga ningi +2 or Loki's kaftan
ninja tekko +1
atheling mantle or cavaros mantle
Definitely qirmiz tathlum

[+]
By Nemesio 2011-01-10 04:00:51  
Hands: Stick with B. Kotes until you get Ninja Tekko +1
Waist: Thunder Belt(Or any other Ele belt that effects Jin)
Feet: Iga +2
Head: V. Helm for exp mobs, I personally just use +2 head for NM's
Body: Loki's, or Hauby+1 until Loki's(Or AF+1/2 body obviously)
Katana: WS path katana, STR/DEX are garbage.
Back: Atheling Mantle
Ring: Perhaps Epona's? Yet to see any math on it. STR isn't bad though.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2011-01-10 04:50:49  
@Nemesio
B.kote better than Alky/Heafoc?
And no, definitely not planning to go back in Limbus and get 2 items to upgrade NIN+1 hands.

I'd probably use Aias Bonnet over the Iga Zukin, and probably even over the Varangian Helm. But what I'm wondering is: will STR+8/DEX+8 (or DEX+10) produce more damage than Crit Damage+2%/WSdamage+2%? I was leaning to think the answer would be "No". Anybody has a more consistant answer to that question?

Planning to get the elemental belts, but that just takes time and I need to use something meanwhile, don't I? :D
And planning to get Iga+2 feet as well. If there's one +2 item I want for NIN (won't be able to get +2 pieces for all the slots for all of my jobs, sadly), THAT'S the one I do want. Atm I've been pretty unlucky with the base item... I'm at over 31hrs of Vunkerl farming, and still no base feet sigh. Same story for PUP feet actually.

@Zicdech
I am using Qirmiz indeed.
And why are you suggesting Cavaros and Loki together? I mean, with RR+Qirmiz+Kamome+Loki you're already at the +critdamage cap, aren't you? Adding more critdamage (from Anwig, from Cavaros and from anything else) would just produce nothing, unless I'm wrong?
By Nemesio 2011-01-10 09:21:56  
You are correct about the crit hit damage, which is exactly why you should not be using the head you are using. I personally would not use Heafoc/Alky due to the -Dex, seeing as it is a direct mod of Jin. I currently use O. Kotes, and couldn't be happier with the damage I am able to put out(Have seen numerous 5k+ WS's). As for the Aias Bonnet, use it if ya got it. It is a very good WS piece, perhaps the best.