users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Ninjutsu Sets, Atmas and Doubts
Ninjutsu Sets, Atmas and Doubts
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2010-12-24 04:41:35  

Ok I know it sucks, just trying to get a decent set with the gear I have or something I can easily/quickly obtain.
MAB katanas are out for me, don't really have the time/willstrenght to get one. As second weapon I was thinking about that +4/5 INT low level sword that NIN can equip. Staves would be best but inventory +6 is even better for me.
Second ring could possibly be a Snow ring, since they're relatively cheap nowadays.
Second earring possibly the Moldavite but I don't know if I can be arsed to farm one, Phantom Earring +2 or one of the INT+3 earring might be a valid alternative?
And Phantom Tathlum for the ranged slot I guess.

Waist? Can only think about Koga Sarashi.
Back? There's the sea mantle but good luck with that.
Hands there's Empyreal ones, but until then what else?
Head the only real option here should be AF2, but I don't have it atm so I'm using AF1 head for the +5 Ninjutsu, anything better?

Also, which Atmas? Beyond, Ultimate and Minikin Monstrosity?
The use of Beyond also make me doubt about my current merits.
I have 5/5 Raiton and 5/5 Raiton: San.
Should probably delete them and get 5/5 Hyoton and 5/5 Hyoton: San?
Since Beyond gives a straight +10% Increase to Ice magic.
 Shiva.Khimaira
サーバ: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-12-24 04:56:38  
willpower* not willstrenght. And INT trials are the easiest, almost every if not every objective is available in a place it near constant Ice weather, reducing your kills required by a significant amount. (5 kills for weather > 1 kill)
 Ragnarok.Neraya
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Neraya
By Ragnarok.Neraya 2010-12-24 07:38:31  
When I though about a nuking set at first, I tried to focus on skill following the the patch note about it and also make sure I would have enough macc.

"My idea"

Now I'll change some things with more INT or "increase" dmg (Koga Head comes to mind) because Macc is easly covered with Atma inside abyssea in fact.

Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2010-12-24 07:48:26  
Any thoughts on how Yagentoshiro fits in with a nuke set up (ninjustu damage +10% katana i think)
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-24 07:57:15  
pretty sure the sekka+2 MAB/int katana beat um
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2010-12-24 08:49:58  
Ragnarok.Neraya said:
When I though about a nuking set at first, I tried to focus on skill following the the patch note about it and also make sure I would have enough macc. "My idea" Now I'll change some things with more INT or "increase" dmg (Koga Head comes to mind) because Macc is easly covered with Atma inside abyssea in fact.
Head AF+1 ain't any different from AF, same +5 skill. And AF2 is gonna beat it no matter what. Wouldn't really know about Maat's Cap, and the Yagudo stronghold cap, bet both would be better than AF though, at least.

As for feet, AF2 is probably the best after the patch, and everything else you put is more or less BiS (altough good luck getting some of those pieces...). As for staves, yes, if you already have HQ staves from another job (RDM, BLM, etc) they're really nice, but if you don't I don't really think it's worth getting them (altough this comes down to everyone's personal judgement of course).
You could also put the new Trial staves. Less Acc, more Damage.
In the end the MAB Sekka+2 is the best. Not sure if Sekka+2 x2 or Sekka+2/Yagen would be better.
Acc shouldn't really be THAT MUCH of an issue once you have Atma of the Ultimate. But then again I might be underestimating stuff there.

Still, you kinda listed the BiS gear in your Item Set, there's not really a lot of discussion. I was kinda looking for cheap/easy to get/AHable stuff. Don't really want to spend weeks of farming for something I'm gonna use like... 3 times in my life? I'm doing this just for fun :x
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-12-24 09:02:11  
Asura.Sechs said:
Ragnarok.Neraya said:
When I though about a nuking set at first, I tried to focus on skill following the the patch note about it and also make sure I would have enough macc. "My idea" Now I'll change some things with more INT or "increase" dmg (Koga Head comes to mind) because Macc is easly covered with Atma inside abyssea in fact.
Head AF+1 ain't any different from AF, same +5 skill. And AF2 is gonna beat it no matter what. Wouldn't really know about Maat's Cap, and the Yagudo stronghold cap, bet both would be better than AF though, at least.

As for feet, AF2 is probably the best after the patch, and everything else you put is more or less BiS (altough good luck getting some of those pieces...). As for staves, yes, if you already have HQ staves from another job (RDM, BLM, etc) they're really nice, but if you don't I don't really think it's worth getting them (altough this comes down to everyone's personal judgement of course).
You could also put the new Trial staves. Less Acc, more Damage.
In the end the MAB Sekka+2 is the best. Not sure if Sekka+2 x2 or Sekka+2/Yagen would be better.
Acc shouldn't really be THAT MUCH of an issue once you have Atma of the Ultimate. But then again I might be underestimating stuff there.

Still, you kinda listed the BiS gear in your Item Set, there's not really a lot of discussion. I was kinda looking for cheap/easy to get/AHable stuff. Don't really want to spend weeks of farming for something I'm gonna use like... 3 times in my life? I'm doing this just for fun :x

af1+1 isn't more skill than af1 nq, but some people probably already have it because it's a great evasion piece. but yeah, would use koga over either. i don't know how much the bonus is (i don't even have koga head D: ). i think yasha head also has int on it, if lacking koga/maat's/ree.

hq staves shouldn't be too expensive, but it's up to the individual whether that's worth their inventory/gil. trial staves are not all jobs and specific to magey classes.

other thoughts: would the skill on ninjutsu torque and those earrings be better than novio/moldy/uggalepih/artemis? or is this more of a makeshift thing for people who don't already have the items for mage jobs? i don't know what the skill to bonus damage ratio is like.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2010-12-24 09:08:29  
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
hq staves shouldn't be too expensive, but it's up to the individual whether that's worth their inventory/gil.
YES PLZ
Even with the Mog Sack I'd rather have the MAB sekkas/Yagentoshiro than staves lol.
Oh and Koga Head is 10% damage if I recall, and thanks for reminding me of Yasha gear!

Quote:
would the skill on ninjutsu torque and those earrings be better than novio/moldy/uggalepih/artemis?
Hard to tell, impossible to tell atm maybe.
Haven't seen any deep test after the patch.
Out of a guess I guess the +5 earring > moldavite at least.
As for Neck, there's also Lemegeton +1, but I think Ninjutsu should win there. Only thing I'm a bit unsure are Uggalepih and Artemis.
But you can't really use them 100% of the time (especially Artemis)

Quote:
I don't know what the skill to bonus damage ratio is like.
Nobody does atm I'm afraid :D
And I'm not so sure about the skill to accuracy ratio either.
 Odin.Upbeat
サーバ: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2010-12-24 09:19:56  
I posted my tests of Sekka/sekka vs Sekka/Yagen on some thread a couple weeks ago, but it was just on Mandys in saruta so the results don't tie over exactly the same as to a higher lvl NM/mob. SekkaX2 out did Sekka/Yagen by miles on Saruta mobs though.

As for ninjutsu skill, INT will boost your DMG a lot more so unless you're getting horrible resists just stick to MaB/INT gear.

And for the perfect nuke set this is what I would pick:
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-24 09:21:54  
Upbeat...wouldn't the denali pants beat those lappas? 3 MAB > 6 int, no?
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-24 09:24:10  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Would be hard to tell without knowing tier atma gear etc. There is so much variance you really have to math out each situation nowadays
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-12-24 09:24:24  
Asura.Sechs said:

But you can't really use them 100% of the time (especially Artemis)

situational i guess, if you have a refresh atma or you're sub mage, but otherwise it shouldn't be too hard to proc the ugg latent since there's 20 mp on the pendant itself, 30 on osode etc. artemis always does something for you, just doesn't always increase damage :/
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-24 09:26:30  
Proccing ugg is super easy if you don't care about your mp. Cors do it all the time just have a convert set
 Odin.Upbeat
サーバ: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2010-12-24 09:27:08  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

Honestly I'm not sure it could go either way, but they would be very close in DMG. I know I've done some saruta testing on MaB vs INT vs skill I just don't remember where I put my results lol

Denali do look a lot better so that probably does put them on top.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-24 09:29:04  
Askin cuz I'm working on my jutsu build myself.. finished my 2nd sekka+2 the other night
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2010-12-24 09:52:02  
Upbeat, what would you suggest for Atma?
Minikin Monstrosity, then what? Ultimate I Guess and? Beyond?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-24 10:11:50  
Odin.Upbeat said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

Honestly I'm not sure it could go either way, but they would be very close in DMG. I know I've done some saruta testing on MaB vs INT vs skill I just don't remember where I put my results lol

Denali do look a lot better so that probably does put them on top.
Saruta's not the place to test such things as your stats would be unusually skewed. dINT would be high but your MAB would be your normal non-Abyssea value. In Abyssea your INT may be sky-high but so is your MAB.

In the past, Sangoma Lappas beat Denali. Ninjutsu have very low base damage, so INT is a lot more valuable. So is MAB since you have significantly less of that too, but INT is favored here.

Ideal atmas would be Minikin, Ultimate, and Hell's Guardian... barring the third, Beyond or Kirin.
 Bismarck.Sesshomaru
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sesshomaru 2010-12-25 04:56:02  
Does Koga Hatsuburi beat out Maat's cap in Abyssea because atma's/cruor buffs give so much ridiculous +INT? or does Maat's cap still win?