Whm Noob Please Help

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » whm noob please help
whm noob please help
By reyke 2010-12-24 02:26:01  
I was thinking of leveling whm since i notice in most parties there is always a lack of a healer. But some people have said lol whm because sch is better. Whats better for the sole purpose of healing?
[+]
 Asura.Domz
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Domz
By Asura.Domz 2010-12-24 02:30:44  
go with whm. sure sch has some fancy tricks but having cures 4 5 and 6 really helps. sch is limited in that it can only go up to cure 4 which means theyll gain hate quite fast compared to a whm using cure 5 or 6
 Bismarck.Tonythetaru
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Tonythetaru 2010-12-24 02:31:17  
trolling right? don't derp the herp.
By Artemicion 2010-12-24 02:39:27  
Play whatever you deem to be fun.
If usefulness and utility is an issue, level that up on the side for events.
The key is enjoying yourself and playing what you want to.
[+]
 Bahamut.Xslayrx
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Xslayrx
By Bahamut.Xslayrx 2010-12-24 02:55:44  
Whm is very far from lol... I'd say its leaning more toward overpowered. >.>
[+]
 Caitsith.Judaine
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-12-24 03:10:29  
Saying SCH is a better Curer than WHM is like saying DRK is a better nuker than BLM.
[+]
 Cerberus.Darktaruu
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Darktaruu 2010-12-24 03:13:38  
reyke said:
I was thinking of leveling whm since i notice in most parties there is always a lack of a healer. But some people have said lol whm because sch is better. Whats better for the sole purpose of healing?

WUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT

PPLs still think that. OMG no, WHM/SCH is a lot better than SCH/WHM to cure (cure potency++, Stronger Barspell, Better cure cast time, Cure VI...)

Go for whm hehe (Yeah I know /BLM 40...)

Caitsith.Judaine
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-12-24 03:20:03  
Cerberus.Darktaruu said:
reyke said:

WUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT

PPLs still think that. OMG no, WHM/SCH is a lot better than SCH/WHM to cure (cure potency++, Stronger Barspell, Better cure cast time, Cure VI...)

Go for whm hehe (Yeah I know /BLM 40...)

Indeed, I sub SCH on whm. People ask me "ZOMFGWTF WAI DONT U SUB RDM, SO MAOCH BETTAR" Yea, no.

Not only do you get 10% off your mp cost on all your spells, cast time, and i think it's -5% recast (idrk), but you also get half-mp spells, and half-cast time spells every 2 minutes. Along with Sublimation, which acts as not only refresh, but as a poison potion for fights that mobs can sleepga.

Idk, maybe I just "don't get it", but I say doing WHM/RDM vs. doing WHM/SCH is ridiculous.
[+]
 Cerberus.Darktaruu
By Cerberus.Darktaruu 2010-12-24 03:26:14  
Um you just forget to say you can StoneSkinga with /SHC.. yeah I know it's a detail XD.. And I don't see any advantages to sub RDM with 20+ refresh/tick and 2k mps :)
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-12-24 03:26:24  
WHM is god in Abyssea, don't listen to idiots. It's the only job that can heal for 1k HP twice in under 5 seconds. Not to mention barspells, Shellra V, versatility with subs: I recently have been subbing BRD on WHM for March on my MNK and DNC friends for lowman situations, and use the Threnodies for Yellow !! as well (While dragging my BLM butt down too)

The stoneskin effect from Afflatus: Solace is also very useful for /NIN tanks.
By reyke 2010-12-24 03:31:50  
thanks everyone so much for your help. So like i said im doing it purely for support so whats better to sub rdm blm or sch?
 Cerberus.Darktaruu
By Cerberus.Darktaruu 2010-12-24 03:33:46  
SCH for reasons Judaine and me said earlier
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-12-24 03:34:46  
reyke said:
thanks everyone so much for your help. So like i said im doing it purely for support so whats better to sub rdm blm or sch?
SCH for most things, unconventional subs are always fun though.
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-12-24 03:43:20  
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
WHM is god in Abyssea, don't listen to idiots. It's the only job that can heal for 1k HP twice in under 5 seconds. Not to mention barspells, Shellra V, versatility with subs: I recently have been subbing BRD on WHM for March on my MNK and DNC friends for lowman situations, and use the Threnodies for Yellow !! as well (While dragging my BLM butt down too)

Who are these friends you speak of? =3
[+]
 Jar
By Jar 2010-12-24 04:00:59  
Bahamut.Serj said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:

yeah stupid to /brd for martch too because singing/wind skill determan how much haste and /brd with no instrument = like 1% haste lol...
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-12-24 04:57:49  
Jar said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
WHM is god in Abyssea, don't listen to idiots. It's the only job that can heal for 1k HP twice in under 5 seconds. Not to mention barspells, Shellra V, versatility with subs: I recently have been subbing BRD on WHM for March on my MNK and DNC friends for lowman situations, and use the Threnodies for Yellow !! as well (While dragging my BLM butt down too) The stoneskin effect from Afflatus: Solace is also very useful for /NIN tanks.
yeah stupid to /brd for martch too because singing/wind skill determan how much haste and /brd with no instrument = like 1% haste lol...
Oh, I didn't realize it affected it to that degree, but either way, I'll still use it for Yellow triggering.
 Leviathan.Dissonant
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-12-24 05:42:27  
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Jar said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
WHM is god in Abyssea, don't listen to idiots. It's the only job that can heal for 1k HP twice in under 5 seconds. Not to mention barspells, Shellra V, versatility with subs: I recently have been subbing BRD on WHM for March on my MNK and DNC friends for lowman situations, and use the Threnodies for Yellow !! as well (While dragging my BLM butt down too) The stoneskin effect from Afflatus: Solace is also very useful for /NIN tanks.
Oh, I didn't realize it affected it to that degree, but either way, I'll still use it for Yellow triggering.
Spell has to land for grellow to trigger. If you can land any song debuffs /brd, I commend you
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-24 13:54:30  
Leviathan.Dissonant said:

Spell has to land for grellow to trigger. If you can land any song debuffs /brd, I commend you

I heard this same thing recently from a friend when I told him to come /BRD he said he has tried to land multiple times and just cant get ***to stick, so we had him come BRD instead.

If people say otherwise please speak up, let me know what the difference is here we're talking about an someone with an 80+BRD who said /BRD wouldn't cut it