Makhila +2... Which?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Makhila +2... which?
Makhila +2... which?
 Asura.Fetus
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Fetus 2010-12-13 02:58:10  
Just wondering if there was a consensus on which Makhila +2 is the better option:

WS Damage
TP Bonus
Store TP

I was just assuming that the WS Damage increase would be best. TP Bonus seems decent in some situations and Store TP... well, I don't know any certain numbers to strive for to make it worthwhile, so I don't really know if it is or not.

Any input?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-12-13 04:17:22  
I guess it depends on how hellbent you are to make a WHM melee setup (if you're looking for something to get the job done, or whether your WHM melee is your pride and joy)

The WSD+ one will always be a welcome tool to your arsenal (who can say no to more damage?). Alternatively, the STP one will lower your hits quite a lot.

Single wielding, you'd have a 14hit build without the STP one. Using the STP one, that's immediately reduced to 12hit (I don't know the most updated numbers, Wiki only has the +1's ; ;). With a Rajas, a Brutal and another 1STP however you get it (personally I'd use a Chiv Chain for it XD), you can knock those numbers down to a 13hit & 11hit respectively.

Non-STP Path would take 67.2sec to 100% TP (without Rajas/Brutal/Haste gear/etc).
The STP Path would take 57.6sec to 100% (without Rajas/Brutal/Haste gear/etc).

Both have their upside and downside (STP: faster 100%, lower WSD. WSD+: higher WS Damage, slower 100%) and I would personally say that both are good clubs for the melee WHM's of the world, so neither would be a "bad" option.

The TP Bonus one would probably be a welcome addition too as 2 of WHM's major WS's (Hexa Strike and Mystic Boon) are greatly effected by TP. Hexa has Critical Hit Rate+ (same as Raging Rush for WAR) and Mystic Boon is Damage varies by TP. This would be pretty much the same as the WSD+ club in terms of Pros and Cons (higher damage, slower journey to 100%)
[+]
 Asura.Fetus
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Fetus 2010-12-13 04:26:11  
I see... thank you for your help! I also forgot to ask... do the effects from the clubs only work if you're wielding them in your main-hand? I thought that I read somewhere that the WS Damage +10% only worked if you were main-handing it... not sure if that's true or not... also not sure if that means that you couldn't get the bonus from having TP Bonus or Store TP in your off-hand or not.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-12-13 04:33:38  
I can't say for sure on that one I'm afraid ; ; I've only completed the STP Great Axe for WAR.

I wouldn't expect so though (just guessing based on the number of people who Dual Wield the EVA+ Daggers/Katanas)
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-13 04:35:09  
WS dmg% and TP bonus are main hand. STP should be universal
[+]