Now Recruiting
First Page 2
 Leviathan.Raborn
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Raborn
By Leviathan.Raborn 2010-12-04 00:51:48  
Hello!
CovenantLS is now recruiting for active players that wish to continue doing older events such as Sky Sea Dynamis Einherjar KSNM etc
Along with the newer Abysssea expansions.

Primary jobs we are looking for include:
BLM
PLD
WHM
BRD
Well geared DD(no specifications).

Our main requirement is that you have a healthy, positive attitude and are willing to work well with others.
Sub requirements include- Sky access, Dynamis access(Xarcabard but not needed if only 1 or 2 wins away), Sea access, and all relevant expansions.

Events run from 8PM EST ~ Mostly never past 11 PM EST.
Days are from MON-SUN. With two days off during the week usually on Wednesdays and another day chosen by officers based on current events.

If you would like more info, please check us out at:
http://covenantls.dkpsystem.com/news.php
[+]
 Luz
By Luz 2010-12-04 00:55:13  
lolz
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-12-04 01:18:18  
Best of luck but about your Dragoon

Gonna come off as a *** but this drives me nuts when I see DRGs these days as is.

Been looking at screenshots and good god man. If your not going to attempt a 6 hit (Not sure if you have VV atma for regain) Or if you do with it Full Perle would benefit you way more then what you have now. Also there are better lances out there. /wrist lol.

4/5 Askar on WAR wut?

Not sure why people don't just take advantage of Perle's Haste, Store TP i understand but gah

Another question what does Dynamis have to do with Abyssea?

Edit: Those might be Ace's Hose on the Dragoon but Homam body is bleh that is all.
[+]
 Luz
By Luz 2010-12-04 01:20:59  
I think you're talking about Cmartin's DRG if you're referring to the screenshots on the homepage he failed to properly link. Raborn is the one with the unicorn feet WAR and Faith Torque-lacking MNK.

PS: I missed you Raborn :P
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-12-04 01:22:51  
Luz said:
I think you're talking about Cmartin's DRG if you're referring to the screenshots on the homepage he failed to properly link. Raborn is the one with the unicorn feet WAR and Faith Torque-lacking MNK.

PS: I missed you Raborn :P

I couldn't tell if those we're Ravager's+1 or not but yeah gross, No Faith Torque on MNK I can understand. Myself I've had ***luck with torques in the past. Atleast Faith can be low manned these days. JoL is still a pain in the ***.
 Leviathan.Raborn
user: Raborn
By Leviathan.Raborn 2010-12-04 01:37:19  
I think those legs are actually aces' the 4% haste legs, I could be wrong but that is what he uses for TP.
As far as those screen shots are concerned they are very outdated our players have the AF+1 / +2 (cept me ilame) etc etc.
He has the oat type polearm so stack that w/ RR and VV and all of drgs jizzjangers and you got a pretty kick *** drakes spamming drg. so i dont think he has to worry about the x hit crap. (though im sure he does).

As far as Dynamis and Abyssea.Cm is lazy as heck when it comes to posting up achievements and so we often throw random screenshots of stuff we've done all together so I can see how that would draw confusion. We never really post everything we do / have done. I guess that is a - for people considering a linkshell, not knowing what all a group really achieves.

And yeah I missin' the Faith Torque and I use Unicorn leggings (Cheap gear that beats pearl's haste).
But there's one job you missed. my lolbst. with 15% more raise3.
 Leviathan.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-12-04 01:55:09  
I'm not going to say anything regarding the shell, but Cmartin's not an idiot. I don't check people, but pretty sure those are Ace's going by knowing him indirectly, and what Raborn said, and he's currently after AF3+2 gear, for I'm assuming DRG.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-12-04 02:21:08  
Maybe it was just Homam Body that threw me off, It just screams a certain word D;
 Leviathan.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-12-04 02:25:29  
I don't exactly know how DRGs are gearing nowadays, but he might lack like Aurum, and/or he's getting his xhit elsewhere. I really doubt Thornyy would let him walk around being teribadly gimp since they're friends, but I could be wrong.
 Ramuh.Yarly
サーバ: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2010-12-04 02:27:02  
Wait, what?
 Ramuh.Lorzy
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-12-04 02:30:33  
the oat polearm also has 507 delay, don't need anything more than rajas/brutal.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-12-04 02:31:08  
Ramuh.Yarly said:
Wait, what?

Wivre Gorget Subtle Blow+2 Crit+1, Abyssea Buff's Acc is more then capped D:

Homam Body is a Sin for DRG/DRK/PLD while viable for BLU and THF(to an extent)
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-12-04 02:31:49  
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
the oat polearm also has 507 delay, don't need anything more than rajas/brutal.

Yeah that's my bad, Sort of wish S/E would pick a prettier model for it. On fenrir I keep seeing Dragoon's rocking E. lance ;/
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-12-04 02:35:13  
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Ramuh.Yarly said:
Wait, what?

i was under the impression that blus usually tp'd in a refresh body (usually mirage jubbah).
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-12-04 02:38:37  
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Ramuh.Yarly said:
Wait, what?

i was under the impression that blus usually tp'd in a refresh body (usually mirage jubbah).

Freshly 85, haven;t hit Dyna in a few years. I'm also willing to bank on AF3 Body having some form of refresh. But with MM atma I'm feeling lazier and lazier when it comes to bothering with Mirage. 14 Tic Refresh :Q (MM Atma, Job trait, Battery Charge)

I pretty much only use BLU in Abyssea
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-12-04 02:44:30  
i don't really care, just pointing out that it's really not any more useful for blu or thf than it is for drg. af3 body may or may not have refresh, since it's already on af2 body (e.g. rdm af2 hat has refresh, af3 does not). i hate dynamis too.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-12-04 02:50:59  
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
i don't really care, just pointing out that it's really not any more useful for blu or thf than it is for drg. af3 body may or may not have refresh, since it's already on af2 body (e.g. rdm af2 hat has refresh, af3 does not). i hate dynamis too.

Hmmm Well, DRG has 3 accuracy bonus traits and is a 2 hander (Can also wear Perle), DRK can wear a Hauby which is much better and is a 2 hander. While PLD is a single handed weapon user once again Hauby is better.

THF and BLU on the other hand, Scorpion Harness/Pink Body/Pahluwan(THF) are the only easy alternatives. ACP hauby would be great for both BLU and THF if it wasn't in use for another job. Granted a THF should be using the haste harness though.

It's pretty moot for Jobs that can wear Perle/Hauby. Especially for a Dragoon at 85 and any job with Razed Ruins these days.

The worst thing about Dynamis is having to form some kind of commitment for one peace of gear. As much as I'd like to I'm not the kind of guy to get 1 thing then gtfo ;/
 Ramuh.Yarly
By Ramuh.Yarly 2010-12-04 02:58:41  
I think this might be better if you need accuracy on blu or thf.

Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-12-04 03:02:21  
Ramuh.Yarly said:
I think this might be better if you need accuracy on blu or thf.

No ***?

I was just giving an example, plus hell BLU isn't exactly high on my priority list at the moment. Rather be focusing on WAR/DRG/RNG goodies first :3
 Ramuh.Yarly
By Ramuh.Yarly 2010-12-04 03:18:37  
Person A: You're so gimp, look at that homam body

Person B: Yo Person A, aren't you wearing a homam body?

Person A: Hey this isn't my main job, I'm allowed to.

Hmmmmmm.....
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-12-04 12:20:56  
Ramuh.Yarly said:
Person A: You're so gimp, look at that homam body

Person B: Yo Person A, aren't you wearing a homam body?

Person A: Hey this isn't my main job, I'm allowed to.

Hmmmmmm.....
It's gimp on DRG/DRK/PLD

/facepalm I guess I'll just stick to Aurore body or Scorpion Harness til I get whatever. What the *** was I thinking.

Perle/Hauberks are so much harder to get then a harness that drops off Iron Clad right?
 Phoenix.Fredjan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-12-04 12:23:35  
nashira manteel. The most underrated yet the most powerful BLU TP body.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-12-04 12:24:18  
if your acc is capped wouldn't you be better off with aurore anyway?
 Phoenix.Fredjan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-12-04 12:26:11  
Read above.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-12-04 12:28:23  
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Read above.
who me? i was talking about homam vs aurore; i don't really expect people to have nashira body, no matter how good it may be.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-12-04 12:35:25  
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
nashira manteel. The most underrated yet the most powerful BLU TP body.

Manteel would be hot, haven't seen ultima's or done Limbus in forever. (Though it looks way worse then Aurore)

I do have a Loki's Kaftan laying around for capped acc but it seems like balls without Razed Ruins.

Since it's still freshly 85 I need to cap my sword so Homam is still useful to me at the moment. As is accuracy is only capped until I fight a level 90 Monster with 375 Evasion. I'd much rather ditch Sharpeye for Forager's before changing to a Pink Body since it actually offers me Attack for that sacrifice.

What make's me rage hard is the fact BLU isn't on Pluviale. If I want Refresh on the body slot without Relic body it means sacrificing turban.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-12-04 12:38:06  
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-12-04 12:40:37  
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:

What else is better besides Fortitude Torque or even Kubira Beads in that case? Because PCC or Spectacles are over kill. Over time on parse Crit+1 should do more then Chiv Chain's +3 STR will any day.
Edit: Haste+1 Neck almost forget but hey sue me.

But think I'm being criticized over a job I just hit 85 on as opposed to one that a person loves and spent obvious effort on. it pales in comparison.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-12-04 12:42:56  
how do you have capped acc and uncapped acc at the same time?
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-12-04 12:44:27  
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
how do you have capped acc and uncapped acc at the same time?

It varies on my target mob. This set at the moment was my town gear. Thank *** god I wasn't wearing Homam hat for standing around in town or you guys would nitpick even more. I have several builds for what I really need.

Edit: Food also Varies as Well, ususally eating Pizza+1 or Sole Sushi+1 of course. Meat when I can get the most use out of it.
First Page 2